ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 48
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Child dies at Schlitterbahn in KCK
tk13 03:29 PM 08-07-2016
This is horrifying. Supposed to be a press conference soon with more details. Rumors seem to indicate it happened on the Verrukt, the world's tallest waterslide.

Boy, 12, killed in accident at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kan., police say. https://t.co/Msn6QJO1ZS pic.twitter.com/gse0gZvIC6

— Alex Johnson (@MAlexJohnson) August 7, 2016

[Reply]
sedated 10:52 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by DaFace:
On top of that, "decapitation" is a term that is used pretty loosely in these situations. I can certainly buy that he had a traumatic neck injury causing serious damage, but I seriously doubt that his head came rolling down completely separated from his body. It's hard to do that cleanly with a blade, let alone a blunt object.
If his head got caught in a ring or whatever holds the netting while the raft forced the rest of his body to keep going, I could see it coming completely off.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:53 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I don't think getting the blood off was the only reason they stopped the ride.
I was chuckling at that myself. I envisioned some assistant manager surveying the scene and saying, "We really have to clean this blood up before that raft goes back to the top."
[Reply]
Simply Red 08-11-2016, 10:58 AM
This message has been deleted by Simply Red.
Beef Supreme 11:00 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I was chuckling at that myself. I envisioned some assistant manager surveying the scene and saying, "We really have to clean this blood up before that raft goes back to the top."
"It's a water slide! It'll just wash off all by itself."
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:23 AM 08-11-2016
On top of that, "decapitation" is a term that is used pretty loosely in these situations. I can certainly buy that he had a traumatic neck injury causing serious damage, but I seriously doubt that his head came rolling down completely separated from his body. It's hard to do that cleanly with a blade, let alone a blunt object.
I've been wondering too if perhaps his head was still attached but that it was hanging loosely at a severe angle, like bent all the way back or something grisly like that.
[Reply]
In58men 11:27 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
No offense, but I'm going to guess that only about half of this is true.

1. They closed the ride because a person was dead or presumed dead due to the ride. Cleaning up the blood was just part of the aftermath.

2. I seriously doubt the "Pop" was the sound of the head coming off - I don't believe anybody could have actually heard a head popping off with all the other noise in a water park. More likely, there was some sort of sound of a collision between the body and the structure

3. I don't doubt that there were people getting sick because of what they saw. That had to be an awful scene.
I can image there was some sort pop of the neck/spine. Not sure if it would be loud enough to hear.
[Reply]
threebag 11:37 AM 08-11-2016
If a kids decapitated on the water slide, and there's nobody around to hear, does it make a sound?
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:04 PM 08-11-2016
Yep, that's certainly likely. People just tend to think of it as a guillotine-style injury.
internal decapitation would not cause the amount of blood visible.

Also, as gruesome as it may sound, while I assumed it was anear decap (think Nicole Simpson) after seeing photos with 2 separate tarps covering likely body parts, I wonder.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:06 PM 08-11-2016
NSFL

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hydrae 01:08 PM 08-11-2016
Schlitterbahn should pony up a lot of money for counselling for the witnesses. Especially the two ladies in the back of the raft. That has got to be a hard thing to handle whether they knew the kid or not.
[Reply]
loochy 01:10 PM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
NSFL

Spoiler!
someone tell me what it is before i look
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:11 PM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'm waiting for the same thing.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 01:13 PM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by loochy:
Helocopter view of the slide. Pools of blood and two (as in two separate ones) tarps covering what I assume are body and head.
[Reply]
eDave 01:13 PM 08-11-2016
It's an aerial view of the ride with a shit ton of bloody water pooled at the bottom. Couple of yellow tarps that I assume are covering body parts.It's not that NSFW.
[Reply]
loochy 01:21 PM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
Helocopter view of the slide. Pools of blood and two (as in two separate ones) tarps covering what I assume are body and head.
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's an aerial view of the ride with a shit ton of bloody water pooled at the bottom. Couple of yellow tarps that I assume are covering body parts.It's not that NSFW.
ah ok, i was thinking it would be a headless body or something. thanks.
[Reply]
In58men 03:18 PM 08-11-2016
I only see one tarp???
[Reply]
Page 18 of 48
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up