ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 28
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM Yesterday
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:34 AM Today
But again, Reid and Veach were pretty aggressive in their approach to adding vertical threats to this offense so we could stress defenses. It's nonsensical to all but abandon those plans just because Brown got hurt.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:37 AM Today
I see Overreaction Planet is in full swing 3 weeks into the season. :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:42 AM Today
BTW my humble opinion, fix Kelce and the offense opens back up. It doesn't make sense he is drawing so much attention (according to Reid and Mahomes) and we aren't able to take advantage of it.
[Reply]
TEX 07:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hollywood isn’t Tyreek but he was important and has been missed badly. If you disagree with that then take at look at his replacement who played 20% of the snaps in Atlanta and was absolutely worthless out there.

Honestly have no clue why that guy is on this damn roster
Because he was a 2nd round pick and the Chiefs are trying like hell to get something / anything out of him. He won't get a 2nd contract in KC. Maybe not anywhere.
[Reply]
Delano 07:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
BTW my humble opinion, fix Kelce and the offense opens back up. It doesn't make sense he is drawing so much attention (according to Reid and Mahomes) and we aren't able to take advantage of it.
I think the play calls are forcing defenses to choose between locking down Kelce or Rice and they choose Kelce most times. Rice is making them pay.
[Reply]
TEX 07:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Me thinks the LT issue has been more of a problem with the lack of down field balls than the actual weapons.
No doubt it's a factor.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:47 AM Today
You guys keep up the worrying. I’ll keep up the enjoyment of winning.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:48 AM Today
The offense is doing well except the short yardage stuff which has been a problem in the red zone. They need to fix that shit, and I agree with the bad playcalling in those situations.

That’s been the problem with the offense.
[Reply]
wazu 07:50 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Such a stupid fucking cop out. Like the entire offensive staff stands around with their dicks in their hands while Reid does everything top to bottom.

It's a fucking fact that ever since that visor wearing douchelord took over as OC the offense has stagnated in nearly every metric imaginable. We see the same concepts spammed ad nauseum that got his ass ran out of Chicago weekly at this point.

Bieniemy seems to be a gigantic fucking asshole that couldn't manage the equivalent of a McDonald's franchise when handed the keys to his own operation, and he STILL brought more to the staff than this sycophant ever has or will.
Direckshun - You can call Andy back and tell him our answer is to fire Nagy.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:53 AM Today
The offense is doing well except the short yardage stuff which has been a problem in the red zone. They need to fix that shit, and I agree with the bad playcalling in those situations.

Short yardage offense has actually been really good between the 20's.

I agree fix the Redzone issues along with unforced turnovers and we aren't having any of these discussions.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:03 AM Today

Getting explosive/chunk plays is still a problem as well.

It would be nice to get a big, 50+ yard play once in a while to avoid the slog of a lengthy drive.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:17 AM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Getting explosive/chunk plays is still a problem as well.

It would be nice to get a big, 50+ yard play once in a while to avoid the slog of a lengthy drive.
You mean like the TD to Rice week 2 and the TD to Worthy week 1?
[Reply]
RunKC 08:20 AM Today
Funny what happens when you see the All-22. I agree with Nate Taylor’s report from the team about Mahomes INT being Steele’s fault.

He doesn’t properly ID the rusher (55) and only looks to his right. That blitzer got to Mahomes immediately and forced him to speed up his throw which is probably why he didn’t see Simmons there. Steele should have ID’d him and blocked him.

This is what happens when you lose vets like Pacheco. Probably why they brought in Kareem. This is a rookie mistake that cost us.

via Imgflip

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:25 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Please, please, PLEASE can we stop pushing this narrative that Hollywood Brown was the key cog that's totally dismantled the game plan?

My God, he had, what, a week total in actual contact practices before ****ing his shoulder on the first snap in preseason?

If the plan to attack down field has been abandoned because a broke dick one year flyer got predictably injured, the plan ****ing sucked to start.
It isn’t because Hollywood is some kind of all world WR. We lost Mvs and much as I hated his inconsistency it is a piece that we have not replaced with yet. We do not have WRs who can stretch the field vertically consistently. The chiefs like using rice in catch and run as they should. Worthy is young and doesn’t seem ready for this role yet. If anything it would have bought worthy time because until he’s ready, he should be playing the mecole hardman role. Other than a blown coverage in Baltimore we’ve seen worthy is iffy as a downfield threat… for now.

We’re not gonna turn into the greatest show on turf just because we add a Hollywood brown. But we need some kind of a legit threat so we can either catch defenses napping from time to time or force them to at least account for that part of the field. We are not a threat to throw downfield unless we catch the defense napping. Our best option, and it’s not a bad one, is to put together long drives. The only issue is you can tell it wears on mahomes especially since it demands that everyone, including mahomes, not make any mistakes. If we can have a reliable threat to stretch the field vertically even just a little bit, that’s gonna be our best option to opening up options for guys like kelce and hopefully not running rashee into the ground with targets
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You mean like the TD to Rice week 2 and the TD to Worthy week 1?
I think most would agree this is not the norm. On the flip side we’ve had a lot more of these plays blown up or almost picked off than we’re used to.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 28
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up