ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 178 of 178
« First < 78128168174175176177178
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:27 PM Yesterday
Really good article on Ohtani’s absurdity today:

https://www.mlb.com/news/shohei-ohta...%20ever%20seen.

From a tweet in the article:

Since RBI became official in 1920, only one MLB player has had, over the course of his entire career (same game or not),

a game with 10+ RBI
a game with 6+ hits
a game with 5+ XBH
a game with 3+ HR
a game with 2+ SB

That one player is Shohei Ohtani. He did all of it today.
[Reply]
SPchief 05:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
There is no way I'm giving that ball up. I'm selling it and they can buy it at an auction house if they want it bad enough.

I can see it going for over a million, easy.
I'd sell it direct to the team and/or player. But it'd be above what my lawyer says the auction house is starting the bids at.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 05:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
There is no way I'm giving that ball up. I'm selling it and they can buy it at an auction house if they want it bad enough.

I can see it going for over a million, easy.
Originally Posted by SPchief:
I'd sell it direct to the team and/or player. But it'd be above what my lawyer says the auction house is starting the bids at.
I can’t imagine a life where I tried to make my life’s worth out of catching another mans career achievement and selling it to some collector of other men’s achievements. The fascination of sports memorabilia is insane.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
I can’t imagine a life where I tried to make my life’s worth out of catching another mans career achievement and selling it to some collector of other men’s achievements. The fascination of sports memorabilia is insane.
Well, with the exception of a few delusional people, I doubt many try to make a career out of it. However, if you happened to be sitting in a spot that was where a historic ball is hit, and you got it, it would almost be irresponsible to not tap into the weird market that you referenced. Personally, I wouldn't pay for anything like that but there is clearly a market for it. No offense to anybody but it's kinda like when folks bid on SB rings that players put up for sale. That's a piece of memorabilia that represents something somebody earned. I can't imagine that conversation later in life:

"Look at my Chiefs Super Bowl ring!"

"Oh wow, did you play for the Chiefs?"

"Well, no but I bought this online from an ex practice squad guy"

"Um, okay....cool"

But, to be fair, people can obviously spend their money on whatever they want. I gamble and many people argue that is literally the stupidest way to spend money on the planet so.......
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:20 AM Today
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
I like how you put it.

But at the same time, would you take the Dodgers' offer of meeting Ohtani, taking an autograph bat and a chance to be on the field for batting practice? I don't know if that was the exact offer, but it's something to that effect.

If you give it back, you're basically giving away a seven-figure baseball. Peer pressure is a bitch, too. Your friends are already in your ear, you can't give this back.

I don't blame the fan at all. This situation falls in their lap by merely chance and within minutes, a Dodgers rep is trying to get the ball back from them.
[Reply]
Page 178 of 178
« First < 78128168174175176177178
Up