ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 177 of 226
« First < 77127167173174175176177 178179180181187 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:57 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Mizzou's schedule for 2024 is setup for a huge season and a CFP berth with a potential home playoff game.
Oh damn - the new pod setup has us missing Georgia?

I mean, Auburn, Bama and Oklahoma ain't nothing (man that's a fun 3 game stretch) but that's doable.

The problem as I see it is that the non-con is so week that 2 losses doesn't get you into the top 12. There aren't many great wins likely to be on that schedule.

11-1 gets you a playoff spot. 10-2 probably leaves you scratching your balls.

Not much margin for error in there.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:06 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh damn - the new pod setup has us missing Georgia?

I mean, Auburn, Bama and Oklahoma ain't nothing (man that's a fun 3 game stretch) but that's doable.

The problem as I see it is that the non-con is so week that 2 losses doesn't get you into the top 12. There aren't many great wins likely to be on that schedule.

11-1 gets you a playoff spot. 10-2 probably leaves you scratching your balls.

Not much margin for error in there.
I think for the first two years of new SEC 16. You play 7 SEC the first year, you play the other 7 next year and get Arkansas both years. I think its so Texas and Oklahoma can play all 15 SEC schools.

But you win 10 in the SEC with the 12 team playoff next year, you good.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:41 PM 12-14-2023
Mizzou appears to be poised to REALLY make some moves in the portal.

Cayden Green and Chris McClellan, the big DT out of Florida, are the headliners, but Mizzou is involved with a different level of guys this year.

Pretty exciting stuff, even if they don't land all the top targets.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:22 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Mizzou appears to be poised to REALLY make some moves in the portal.

Cayden Green and Chris McClellan, the big DT out of Florida, are the headliners, but Mizzou is involved with a different level of guys this year.

Pretty exciting stuff, even if they don't land all the top targets.
Didn't ever think I'd say this, but I think Drink is about to do something pretty special with Mizzou football.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:44 PM 12-14-2023
Evidently this one completely blindsided the OU folks and the rumors are that the family went out shopping the kid to various NIL sources without really looping him in until they got a deal they liked.

If some of this stuff is even half true, it's unsavory as hell.

Just more of the stuff I've been bitching about - the unfettered free agency of every single player on every single team in college football every single offseason just doesn't feel tenable to me.

I don't know how this can possibly sustain.
Well, if there's a positive to be had at least Mizzou and Drinkwitz seem to be willing to go to the extremes with this new reality of effective free agency every year. It's unfortunately going to be all but necessary to do it incredibly well given the current circumstances, and if he's able to consistently elevate the prestige of the program while the rules are what they are more power to him.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:45 PM 12-14-2023
Evidently this one completely blindsided the OU folks and the rumors are that the family went out shopping the kid to various NIL sources without really looping him in until they got a deal they liked.

If some of this stuff is even half true, it's unsavory as hell.

Just more of the stuff I've been bitching about - the unfettered free agency of every single player on every single team in college football every single offseason just doesn't feel tenable to me.

I don't know how this can possibly sustain.
OU seems to be really struggling to adjust to the new normal, where the huge amounts of money they funneled under the table to recruits families couldn't be matched, and where they could buy HS coaches and have that pay off in steering influence of kids.

Sorry not sorry.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:30 PM 12-14-2023
Kewan Lacy :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:39 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Kewan Lacy :-)
Man, wasn't even expecting that. Thought he was bound for somewhere in Texas.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:49 PM 12-14-2023
It was looking like Ole Miss would get him, but we snuck in and stole him with a good ole fashion reach around!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:17 PM 12-14-2023
Well, the RBs should be good.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:58 PM 12-14-2023
Ole Miss & Bama were the names that always came up when he de-committed from Nebraska so this seems out of left field. Great get
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:04 PM 12-14-2023
Are we actually the ones that pulled Green away or is it Oregon?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:15 PM 12-14-2023
Crutchfield visiting this weekend
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:33 PM 12-14-2023

Kewan Lacy to Mizzou #MIZ #Mizzou #SEC #CoachDrink pic.twitter.com/0TrAbqOGnE

— mrzouology (@mrzouology63261) December 15, 2023

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:25 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Crutchfield visiting this weekend
Honestly, he's the one I want.