ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 175 of 199
« First < 75125165171172173174175 176177178179185 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
tredadda 07:59 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
He's clearly upset that the Chiefs put the overall team structure ahead of keeping him on at the price he got elsewhere.

He wanted to be the highest paid and still continue to destroy the league with Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce.

I think it eats away at him knowing Patrick put up NFL record numbers with several dudes he just met, right after he left. What's more, he won the superbowl with them.

He knows he took the money, he knows he could have stayed if he wanted to, but his ego can't allow hom to be wrong, so he has to turn it around to make the organization look bad, and play it off like he wasn't wanted, so he doesn't look like a greedy moron for leaving.

You don't need to look any further than his claims that he asked for AJ Brown money when that deal wasn't even done yet.

Until Tyreek settles up with himself about the decision he made, we will always hear him talking this way about KC.

But in the end, he really won. He's got a ring and he's set financially for life. Coming from that courtroom in college, to now, he's already won.

He just needs to stfu and enjoy it.
This also highlights who really is worth the biggest paycheck on a team. QBs and especially elite QBs are who you pay. Tyreek leaves and the Chiefs don't miss a beat with virtual nobodies at WR. Tyreek had an amazing season and at the end of the day it didn't matter because of the QB.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:02 AM 04-06-2023
I'm just thankful Tyreek can unite us all and we can get past the idea that Veach fucked up by trading him after the Chiefs won a SB in the very first season without him.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:05 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd rather live in Cleveland than Cincinnati by a fair bit.
Would hate to be given either of those options. I will say that the cost of living in Cleveland seems pretty decent, so there's that.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:48 AM 04-06-2023
Personally, I think even Tyreek thought he was the reason Patrick Mahomes was so good.

In one of his first interviews after departing, he was talking about targets, can I see the pill please, give me the ball please. Patrick, he's a helluva player, but just once I want someone to say you know, you him.

He thought Pat got too much of the credit, and him not enough.

So the NFL peanut gallery opens up about how KC won't make the playoffs now, and the incredibly aged Keenan Allen " This trade bout to expose some people", and all Patrick does is get Kelce and a hodgepodge of new guys together and set the NFL record for total yardage by a qb, pick up a 2nd league MVP on his way to winning another ring and SBMVP.

That's a big shot to take and have to look in the mirror and swallow and say Pat really didn't need me at all to be who he is.

Reek's head got just a bit too big. He thought we would struggle, and probably wanted us to struggle so that he could have his self worth validated.

When it didn't happen, it probably hit him like a truck. We didn't struggle, his leaving didn't hurt us at, and we won it all without him.

His only shot now at an "I told you so" would be to be the key factor in beating us in a playoff game. Which with their qb situation, isn't happening.

He claims he's retiring after the Dolphins contract is up, so his window is very short.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:51 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Why would he be loyal to a team he's going to play against instead of the team he's playing for? He didn't call out any specific players. He was praising Mahomes and Kelce the entire time he was watching the playoffs.

You guys get your panties all twisted up over the slightest bit of competitiveness.
He also said that Tua is more accurate than Mahomes. That's a cheap shot at a QB who helped you win a SB and get a huge contract. So I don't give him praising Kelce and Mahomes much weight.
[Reply]
jettio 08:54 AM 04-06-2023

The forensic psychologists around here could watch this and see if it matches their conclusions.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:57 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:

The forensic psychologists around here could watch this and see if it matches their conclusions.
You're the ultimate white knight dude :-)
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 09:06 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:

11:08 I Thought Sherm was drinking Pellegrino... only using bottle as spittoon :-)
[Reply]
jettio 09:13 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You're the ultimate white knight dude :-)
Juist be a good boy and watch the show.
[Reply]
vonBobo 09:17 AM 04-06-2023
Haven't seen the video... But I'm guessing reek said something like "bitch, the chiefs better be afraid of me too"?
[Reply]
Dante84 09:27 AM 04-06-2023
There's a reason Pat's trainer, Bobby, subtweets Tyreek and throws shade whenever the opportunity presents itself.

I think there was a lot going on behind the scenes regarding egos and targets. They're friends, sure, but I think there was a little animosity bubbling up before, during and after the split.

I think even Reid had enough of it at a certain point; I remember in one of the SB week pressers he was asked about Tyreek and he said something backhanded like "great player, got lots of money and yards this year."

Pat squashed all of that ego stuff when he had his MVP season and won a SB with a bunch of WR JAGS off the street.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:36 AM 04-06-2023
Good conversation. Tyreek will always be one of my favorite Chiefs. So many great memories. You feel me? :-)
[Reply]
Dante84 09:39 AM 04-06-2023

The only ✌��sign he throwing up is walking to the bus after the game

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) April 6, 2023

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:41 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I love Chris Jones.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:42 AM 04-06-2023
HILL NEEDS TO KNOW HIS ROLL AND SHUT HIS MOUTH!. THAT'S WHY HE GOT TRADED!
[Reply]
Page 175 of 199
« First < 75125165171172173174175 176177178179185 > Last »
Up