ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 171 of 199
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
Mecca 02:45 PM 04-05-2023
Tyreek wanted that money and to stay, he didn't really want to compromise, that's all this is.
[Reply]
Spott 02:53 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Yeah, I am sure Hill wanted to go to Cleveland.
Nobody ever really wants to go to Cleveland, unless the only other option is Detroit.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 03:06 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Taking a higher paying job isn't an automatic "right" answer unless there's an element of greed to it and yeah, I do think a lot of NFL players and owners let money motivate them more than anything else - that's greed.

In my own situation, I've had the chance to be promoted from an individual contributor to a people leader several times and I've turned down the money every time.

Why? Because the guys and gals above me make 25% more but work 25% more. They travel 75% more and they're in an office almost 100% more. In addition, 80% of them are divorced, alcoholics, or both.

Did Tyreek earn the money? Yep. Did Tyreek make the BEST decision for himself? You'd think so considering what he got paid but his CONTINUED comments about the team he WILLINGLY left suggest he feels at least a little bit that taking the money wasn't the best decision.
He's clearly upset that the Chiefs put the overall team structure ahead of keeping him on at the price he got elsewhere.

He wanted to be the highest paid and still continue to destroy the league with Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce.

I think it eats away at him knowing Patrick put up NFL record numbers with several dudes he just met, right after he left. What's more, he won the superbowl with them.

He knows he took the money, he knows he could have stayed if he wanted to, but his ego can't allow hom to be wrong, so he has to turn it around to make the organization look bad, and play it off like he wasn't wanted, so he doesn't look like a greedy moron for leaving.

You don't need to look any further than his claims that he asked for AJ Brown money when that deal wasn't even done yet.

Until Tyreek settles up with himself about the decision he made, we will always hear him talking this way about KC.

But in the end, he really won. He's got a ring and he's set financially for life. Coming from that courtroom in college, to now, he's already won.

He just needs to stfu and enjoy it.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:11 PM 04-05-2023
I think it's even more than that. I think he was friends with some of these guys and likely doesn't have a lot of friends. He talks to hear himself talk though, strikes me as one of these guys who you tolerate and then when they leave you don't miss at all. We've all been there.
[Reply]
O.city 03:40 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Taking a higher paying job isn't an automatic "right" answer unless there's an element of greed to it and yeah, I do think a lot of NFL players and owners let money motivate them more than anything else - that's greed.

In my own situation, I've had the chance to be promoted from an individual contributor to a people leader several times and I've turned down the money every time.

Why? Because the guys and gals above me make 25% more but work 25% more. They travel 75% more and they're in an office almost 100% more. In addition, 80% of them are divorced, alcoholics, or both.

Did Tyreek earn the money? Yep. Did Tyreek make the BEST decision for himself? You'd think so considering what he got paid but his CONTINUED comments about the team he WILLINGLY left suggest he feels at least a little bit that taking the money wasn't the best decision.
You also have what, 35 years to make your money? Some of these guys have 10 max years of earning that they then have to live off of for life.

If they wanna max their earnings, that's fine. I never have a quibble with it, don't blame them at all.

But if you do that, be honest about it. That's what you did, no one cares, just move on.
[Reply]
O.city 03:42 PM 04-05-2023
He's a WR guys. Think back to all the WR's in NFL history. They seem to be the most humble, quiet guys?

It is what it is.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:19 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
Nobody ever really wants to go to Cleveland, unless the only other option is Detroit.
I'd rather live in Cleveland than Cincinnati by a fair bit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:34 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
You also have what, 35 years to make your money? Some of these guys have 10 max years of earning that they then have to live off of for life.

If they wanna max their earnings, that's fine. I never have a quibble with it, don't blame them at all.

But if you do that, be honest about it. That's what you did, no one cares, just move on.
That was exactly my point.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 04:53 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Many of them do, but I then bring up the great saying of, "The more you **** around, the more you're going to find out." I would actually love to see them poll former NFL greats and ask them how much of their current wealth would they be willing to part with for another Super Bowl ring. I'd like to see the results.
Considering a decent chunk of former players are bankrupt quickly after retirement, I doubt that question would prove anything. I would trade nothing for a ring. Haha.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:02 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Considering a decent chunk of former players are bankrupt quickly after retirement, I doubt that question would prove anything. I would trade nothing for a ring. Haha.
Basically it would just tell us which players actually were able to manage their money and which couldn't.
[Reply]
Third Eye 05:05 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
He has an 810 banner behind him. All you need to know about this fool.

No way he is having a good game. He is already way too emotionally charged and it is still 6 months out.
Alright, gonna need a little help with this one. What meaning am I supposed to glean from that?
[Reply]
Bump 05:19 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:

especially him, he wasn't getting the endorsements that most NFL stars get because of you know.

I didn't think tyreek would go out like this, I wanted to respect him but he has made that impossible. He should be thanking the Chiefs for giving him a chance when nobody else wanted to.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:25 PM 04-05-2023
And people ask me why i don't follow players off the field . . .:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:34 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I always equivocate a little on that statement.

I think you got the right of it - but it wasn't greed; it was ego. He sees money as a proxy for respect (and lets be 100% honest here - many, if not most, of the real world does as well).

If it was strictly money, he doesn't worry at all about that stupid 4th year on the deal that everyone knows he'll never see. But the headlines and the prestige mattered to him.

It was ego. And that's fine - anyone ever think Tyreek was the most humble dude out there? He's played with a chip on his shoulder for most of his career. I'm fine with that.

But he made the choice he made and it's time to move the **** on, dude. Let it go.
Yeah I don't think it was as much about $$ either. Although from an ego standpoint I think it was more about showing he could carry an offense and wasn't dependent on mahomes. He's proven he can so I think he got what he wanted out of this
[Reply]
irafreak 05:49 PM 04-05-2023
A lot of these players need economics lessons. They don't seem to understand the salary cap and just think every good player should be getting max pay. Dolphins didn't want tyreek any more than we did or Cleveland. Phin's just had the cap space and Cleveland and kc are paying quarterbacks big bucks.

Look at lamar...wanting money like Watson when Cleveland was the only team stupid enough to make that deal. These athletes used to get some basic business classes in college. What happened?
[Reply]
Page 171 of 199
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181 > Last »
Up