ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 48
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Child dies at Schlitterbahn in KCK
tk13 03:29 PM 08-07-2016
This is horrifying. Supposed to be a press conference soon with more details. Rumors seem to indicate it happened on the Verrukt, the world's tallest waterslide.

Boy, 12, killed in accident at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kan., police say. https://t.co/Msn6QJO1ZS pic.twitter.com/gse0gZvIC6

— Alex Johnson (@MAlexJohnson) August 7, 2016

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:51 PM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon:
A guy got decapitated on Fire in the Hole at Silver Dollar City years ago. I thought this was an urban legend, so I asked someone in the know. As in someone who knows the Herschends. It really happened.
Love that ride. It was my dad's favorite as well.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 02:28 PM 08-10-2016
A guy got decapitated on Fire in the Hole at Silver Dollar City years ago. I thought this was an urban legend, so I asked someone in the know. As in someone who knows the Herschends. It really happened.
Fire in the Hole

[Reply]
J Diddy 09:31 PM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
Fire in the Hole

• On July 9, 1980, a 23-year-old man was killed and a 27-year-old woman was injured while riding Fire in the Hole. A train on the roller coaster was accidentally switched to a maintenance track and storage area, which had low-hanging structures across the track. The male passenger's head struck one of these structures, killing him. The accident was ruled a case of human error, and after an investigation the attraction re-opened two days later. The overhanging structures were later removed from the maintenance area.[5][6]
I remember when I was a wee little lad at Silver Dollar City and loving me some fire in the hole...and then came the evil gossiping church lady who talked about that in hearing range of my little ears. Never rode it again.

The moral of the story probably should be don't listen in on others conversations but, meh.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:42 PM 08-10-2016

Didn't someone die on Timberwolf at WoF about 20 years ago?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:06 PM 08-10-2016
Yeah but from what I remember is that they stood up at the top of the first hill on the Timberwolf.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:55 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Yeah but from what I remember is that they stood up at the top of the first hill on the Timberwolf.
Just a quick Google search. It was in 1995

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-07-...roller-coaster

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A 14-year-old girl riding a roller coaster fell to her death, unnoticed by most of the other passengers on the ride.

A friend said the ride's safety restraints had come loose on a sharp turn at the top of a hill.

Amusement park officials, however, said all restraints were in place at the beginning and the end of the ride and that a lap bar could only be unlocked with a tool.

Ryan Bielby of Kansas City died late Friday while riding the Timber Wolf roller coaster at the Worlds of Fun amusement park with friends.

"Going by what some of her friends said, it appears they had just crested a hill and the car itself was making a sharp turn," police Sgt. Jim Keane said Saturday.
[Reply]
threebag 08:06 AM 08-11-2016
That Timber Wolf as i remember beat the shit out of you anyway when you rode it.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:28 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by threebag02:
That Timber Wolf as i remember beat the shit out of you anyway when you rode it.
It did. They are halfway through a multi-year retracking project that has really smoothed it out apparently.
[Reply]
loochy 09:01 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
Fire in the Hole

• On July 9, 1980, a 23-year-old man was killed and a 27-year-old woman was injured while riding Fire in the Hole. A train on the roller coaster was accidentally switched to a maintenance track and storage area, which had low-hanging structures across the track. The male passenger's head struck one of these structures, killing him. The accident was ruled a case of human error, and after an investigation the attraction re-opened two days later. The overhanging structures were later removed from the maintenance area.[5][6]
berp diddle derp derp *banjo music*

look at dem dere baldknobbers

FAHRR IN DAH HOLE!

*rolls down small hill and gets tiny splash*

weee let's do it again
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:24 AM 08-11-2016
Some guy I just talk to who was there said the scene was a bloodbath & they had to close the ride to get all the blood off the ride.

He said the pop sound that was heard was the kids head being pulled off & when his head separated from his body there was a huge POP.

He said he saw at least 10 people throw up at the gory scene. It was a sight no one will ever forget. He started getting sick just describing it.

Horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
patteeu 09:37 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Some guy I just talk to who was there said the scene was a bloodbath & they had to close the ride to get all the blood off the ride.

He said the pop sound that was heard was the kids head being pulled off & when his head separated from his body there was a huge POP.

He said he saw at least 10 people throw up at the gory scene. It was a sight no one will ever forget. He started getting sick just describing it.

Horrible.

I don't think getting the blood off was the only reason they stopped the ride.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:55 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Horrible.

No offense, but I'm going to guess that only about half of this is true.

1. They closed the ride because a person was dead or presumed dead due to the ride. Cleaning up the blood was just part of the aftermath.

2. I seriously doubt the "Pop" was the sound of the head coming off - I don't believe anybody could have actually heard a head popping off with all the other noise in a water park. More likely, there was some sort of sound of a collision between the body and the structure

3. I don't doubt that there were people getting sick because of what they saw. That had to be an awful scene.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:43 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
No offense, but I'm going to guess that only about half of this is true.

1. They closed the ride because a person was dead or presumed dead due to the ride. Cleaning up the blood was just part of the aftermath.

2. I seriously doubt the "Pop" was the sound of the head coming off - I don't believe anybody could have actually heard a head popping off with all the other noise in a water park. More likely, there was some sort of sound of a collision between the body and the structure

3. I don't doubt that there were people getting sick because of what they saw. That had to be an awful scene.
On top of that, "decapitation" is a term that is used pretty loosely in these situations. I can certainly buy that he had a traumatic neck injury causing serious damage, but I seriously doubt that his head came rolling down completely separated from his body. It's hard to do that cleanly with a blade, let alone a blunt object.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:49 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by DaFace:
On top of that, "decapitation" is a term that is used pretty loosely in these situations. I can certainly buy that he had a traumatic neck injury causing serious damage, but I seriously doubt that his head came rolling down completely separated from his body. It's hard to do that cleanly with a blade, let alone a blunt object.
There is also such a thing as an internal decapitation where the head doesn't actually separate from the body but it is separated internally.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:50 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by Lzen:
There is also such a thing as an internal decapitation where the head doesn't actually separate from the body but it is separated internally.
Yep, that's certainly likely. People just tend to think of it as a guillotine-style injury.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 48
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up