ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 19
« First < 71314151617 1819 >
Nzoner's Game Room>MNF Week 2 - Falcons @ Eagles
Easy 6 04:11 PM 09-16-2024
Hooo lawdy, this could become a Benny Hill level comedy romp in a hurry

Not sure what to think about Atlanta, they kinda look like a hot mess with some genuine talent sprinkled in, and a completely unproven OC thrust into the big chair

Did anyone else see the opening of Countdown? some big fat dude and Jason Kelce did a chest bump onstage and fatty limped off badly afterward :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:26 PM 09-16-2024
Reminds me of Miami blowing the game to Georgia Tech last year in absurdly incompetent fashion.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:27 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If this was the 2018-2022 offenses I go for it, now not so much
Had we not gotten butt fucked on three straight snaps, maybe.

We got absolutely dick on those plays. No push. No space. We looked like we could've run 10 plays and not punched it in.

Kicking it was the right call - fuck the analytics.

Analytics don't work in football. The sample sizes are just too small and the variables are WAY too diverse.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 09:28 PM 09-16-2024
And back in the championship game we lost to the Bengals, if Andy had kicked the field goal at the end of the first half instead of letting the Mahomes pass to hill who didn’t run his route into the end zone, we would’ve won that game.

Old school football you always would go for the field goal. That’s what we should still do now. Always.
[Reply]
wazu 09:29 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

We got absolutely dick on those plays. No push. No space. We looked like we could've run 10 plays and not punched it in.

Analytics don't work in football. The sample sizes are just too small and the variables are WAY too diverse.
Absolutely agree with ALL of this! Analytics, if they work, have GOT to be team specific. Any idea that there is some all-purpose chart that answers the question is stupid. The play call also matters immensely.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 09:31 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

i don't think there is a sport where context influences decisions more than football
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:32 PM 09-16-2024
That's the first time I've ever seen Cousins come thru in a clutch situation...it was kind of alarming.

I guess if you play long enough...it eventually has to happen.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:33 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:
Great read by the safety.
I'm glad that dicknose isn't on the Bengals anymore.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:35 PM 09-16-2024
I don't even know what Jalen was trying to do on that throw. Terrible decision mixed with a very inaccurate throw.
[Reply]
KC_Conniption 09:35 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Absolutely agree with ALL of this! Analytics, if they work, have GOT to be team specific. Any idea that there is some all-purpose chart that answers the question is stupid. The play call also matters immensely.
I’ll take going for it at the 1 with Mahomes myself. Analytics aren’t needed to figure that out.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:38 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
And back in the championship game we lost to the Bengals, if Andy had kicked the field goal at the end of the first half instead of letting the Mahomes pass to hill who didn’t run his route into the end zone, we would’ve won that game.

Old school football you always would go for the field goal. That’s what we should still do now. Always.

Pretty sure Mahomes thought we had a timeout but regardless these are definitely different situations. That play wasn’t a get points or don’t get points on this drive like the kick in this previous game. They had no business not getting a field goal on the next play. There was plenty of time. They just screwed it up.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:40 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I’ll take going for it at the 1 with Mahomes myself. Analytics aren’t needed to figure that out.
I have a bigger problem with the first and second down choices (predictable RB plays up the middle). Give Mahomes a chance to do something before 3rd down. Put Mahomes on a bootleg and give him the option to throw or run it himself.
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 09:50 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I had London going vs hurts won my week and eagles lose, love it.
i have both. came back from like 48 down tonight. with hurts, london, and devonta.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 09:51 PM 09-16-2024
Why is Ryan Clark wearing Ulysses S. Grant’s dinner jacket?
[Reply]
rydogg58 09:52 PM 09-16-2024
ESPN needs to pay Ryan Clark more. Dudes having to bus tables while he waits to get on air.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:57 PM 09-16-2024
In the last 12 months, the Eagles have choked away 4 games with the lead in final 2 minutes. At some point the head coach has to be the fall guy instead of blaming others.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 19
« First < 71314151617 1819 >
Up