ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 28
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM Yesterday
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
TEX 06:34 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Such a stupid ****ing cop out. Like the entire offensive staff stands around with their dicks in their hands while Reid does everything top to bottom.

It's a ****ing fact that ever since that visor wearing douchelord took over as OC the offense has stagnated in nearly every metric imaginable. We see the same concepts spammed ad nauseum that got his ass ran out of Chicago weekly at this point.

Bieniemy seems to be a gigantic ****ing asshole that couldn't manage the equivalent of a McDonald's franchise when handed the keys to his own operation, and he STILL brought more to the staff than this sycophant ever has or will.
Nagy is progressively neutering Mahomes. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 06:39 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Say what you want I guess if it makes you feel better

It’s Andy’s baby. Similar things happened in 21….it was Bienemy and his offensive schemes fault.

Same thing happens last year. “It’s Nagy”
And Nagy came back in 2022 and this offense was insanely good while Patrick won MVP.

There’s been a lot of issue with personnel since then unfortunately
[Reply]
O.city 06:40 AM Today
Yeah, except in 21 we can pinpoint Cam Erving ****ing up Mahomes ankle as the source of our struggles, and I genuinely couldn't give a **** less about folks here believing that bullshit article published by Clay and his ilk.

The ENTIRE ****ing stretch since Nagy got here has been a struggle.
Wrong year there pal
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:43 AM Today
:-) Orlando Brown Jr and Andrew Wylie as bookend OTs while JJSS and MVS as our top 2 WRs in 2022.

Nagy being the equivalent of Hackett.

I genuinely can't pick which aspect of that post is more pathetic.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Wrong year there pal
Ah, right. That's the year they bottomed out against the Titans.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I’m going to attack the Golden Goose here.

Patrick’s fundamentals were terrible last night (hey, remember he said it first).

The interception was just atrocious. He had a little pressure in his face but he threw it off his back foot and just lobbed it up for grabs. It’s a throw you might see him make in training camp. You certainly don’t expect a player of his caliber to be doing that during a game.

Lazy throws have been a theme for him this year. He’s letting his footwork get sloppy again, and it’s costing him accuracy. The deep shot to Worthy for instance should have been a touchdown, but he didn’t step into it and woefully underthrew it.

I’m never going to accuse him of mailing it in, but he needs to be more focused and sharp. He knows it. He said as much at the press conference.

Point being, yes the receiving corp is marginal again. Yes the o-line has holes. Yes defenses are playing him to keep everything underneath.

But he’s leaving A-LOT on the field. He needs to be better and I trust he will.
I don’t think he’s mailing it in. He’s said many times that he wants to get back to having fun out there. And I think we can see that take what he’s given… we more than make it work, but it’s a frustrating approach for him especially when mistakes are made to kill long drives.

Veach and Reid are two of the best at dialing in on what’s next. They did it two years ago when they got catch and run guys to beat these 2-high looks and arguably got a little burned by it last year by pushing that same approach. This year, their emphasis was clearly on speed speed speed. I think they had very big plans in mind with Hollywood but we had to abandon them when he got hurt because for now we just don’t have a substitute. We need to let mahomes cook but we just don’t have the weapons to do even if we tried. We still are a better passing game when WRs create AFTER the catch than before the catch.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:00 AM Today
Please, please, PLEASE can we stop pushing this narrative that Hollywood Brown was the key cog that's totally dismantled the game plan?

My God, he had, what, a week total in actual contact practices before fucking his shoulder on the first snap in preseason?

If the plan to attack down field has been abandoned because a broke dick one year flyer got predictably injured, the plan fucking sucked to start.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:01 AM Today
Please, please, PLEASE can we stop pushing this narrative that Hollywood Brown was the key cog that's totally dismantled the game plan?

My God, he had, what, a week total in actual contact practices before fucking his shoulder on the first snap in preseason?

If the plan to attack down field has been abandoned because a broke dick one year flyer got predictably injured, the plan fucking sucked to start.
Now this I can agree with.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:03 AM Today
And we DO have a suitable replacement on the roster right now. Hardman is dumb as fuck and shouldn't be trusted with anything but the most basic concepts, but he can damn sure run in a straight line and track a deep ball relatively well compared to the other receivers currently rostered.
[Reply]
O.city 07:11 AM Today
Me thinks the LT issue has been more of a problem with the lack of down field balls than the actual weapons.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:13 AM Today
It certainly isn't helping matters, no.
[Reply]
-King- 07:20 AM Today
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I’m going to attack the Golden Goose here.

Patrick’s fundamentals were terrible last night (hey, remember he said it first).

The interception was just atrocious. He had a little pressure in his face but he threw it off his back foot and just lobbed it up for grabs. It’s a throw you might see him make in training camp. You certainly don’t expect a player of his caliber to be doing that during a game.

Lazy throws have been a theme for him this year. He’s letting his footwork get sloppy again, and it’s costing him accuracy. The deep shot to Worthy for instance should have been a touchdown, but he didn’t step into it and woefully underthrew it.

I’m never going to accuse him of mailing it in, but he needs to be more focused and sharp. He knows it. He said as much at the press conference.

Point being, yes the receiving corp is marginal again. Yes the o-line has holes. Yes defenses are playing him to keep everything underneath.

But he’s leaving A-LOT on the field. He needs to be better and I trust he will.
The receiving corps isn't marginal if you actually utilize them fully.

Worthy only played in 50% of the snaps. And on the snaps he does get, he's a decoy on about 75% of them. Put him on the field and actually have him run routes.

There's also no reason Skyy should get 20% of snaps. He's a net negative.

They need to play Rice 85-90% of snaps, Worthy 80% of snaps and let the rest split the other snaps. There are too many different packages and too many players running in and out. Let Patrick develop a chemistry with Rice and Worthy that extends more than 5 yards.
[Reply]
O.city 07:22 AM Today
Pat has left clean pockets this year quite a bit.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:25 AM Today
Hollywood isn’t Tyreek but he was important and has been missed badly. If you disagree with that then take at look at his replacement who played 20% of the snaps in Atlanta and was absolutely worthless out there.

Honestly have no clue why that guy is on this damn roster
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:32 AM Today
You're not going to have to twist my arm to agree that Skyy Moore is a worthless sack of shit that should be an inactive most game days.

Mecole Hardman should be getting his snaps. At the very least he brings SOMETHING to the table.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 28
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up