ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Williams Thread*****
Dante84 11:31 AM 04-30-2022
More to come!

[Reply]
Bowser 04:38 PM 02-15-2024
Pestilence just had it move and he has no idea why.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 04:49 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
There isn’t a team in this league with a better trio of corners. Josh Williams is criminally underrated. Granted he’s not covering the top guy most of the time but still incredible how well he’s played this year.
In only his second year, as a 4th rounder from small school Fayetteville State.

Oh and Watson isn't a slouch, either.
[Reply]
VAGOMO 4 LIFE! 04:57 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I know Sneed and McDuffie get the press (and deservedly so), but how often did you hear Josh Williams name called for giving up completions in the playoffs? Part of the secret of our success is just how good the depth at CB is now.
Don’t forget Jaylen Watson! He had a couple of nice pass breakups in the Super Bowl as well
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:12 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Pestilence just had it move and he has no idea why.
Oh I know why.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:15 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
There isn’t a team in this league with a better trio of corners. Josh Williams is criminally underrated. Granted he’s not covering the top guy most of the time but still incredible how well he’s played this year.
I still think it's a hell of a testament to the open-mindedness of the coaching staff that they let him get a real shot at re-acquiring that starting gig from Jaylon Watson.

And Watson never really did anything worthy of losing it. That's typically what it would take for such a late round steal who's played well in a championship run to lose a starting job. Hell, some coaches would say that's what it SHOULD take and be proud of the statement.

These guys kept the job open and let Williams really come streaking past Watson and get into that CB3 spot. And he rewarded them in a pretty big way down the stretch.

This coaching staff is the tits, fellas.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:16 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Oh I know why.
Oh big fucking deal, he beat out a 7th rounder for some leftover snaps...

{runs away}
[Reply]
jerryaldini 05:20 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Don’t forget Jaylen Watson! He had a couple of nice pass breakups in the Super Bowl as well
Watson also rushed in late to cover the huge punt fumble. Team with game turning heads up recoveries in the last two games.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:20 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What do you think the Chiefs are doing?

Sneed: "Gimme $24 mill per, plz"

Chiefs: "No."

Sneed: "Why?"

Chiefs: "Here's why."

That's kind of how negotiations work. You want somebody to work for you, but you also want them for the right price.
And the thing is, I think Spags would pay Sneed out of his own pocket if that's what it took to keep him.

It's not even about trying to 'find the right price' for any of these guys. It's about trying to get that number as low as they'd be willing to accept so you have a little more to allocate to other guys.

It's the truly suckass thing about the salary cap in that one teammates financial success may have to be subsidized by a lesser number for another. Or that other guy is going to have to go make his bucks elsewhere.

But it just is what it is. Without the cap and that suckass thing, the Chiefs wouldn't be here. They'd have big market teams treating them like a farm team. Look at MLB where there are realistically only 5-8 teams in the market for any truly generational player. That's not the case in football.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 05:35 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Watson also rushed in late to cover the huge punt fumble. Team with game turning heads up recoveries in the last two games.
It seemed like all season they weren't recovering those fumbles from other teams. Glad that changed.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:32 PM 02-15-2024
Him stepping up in Sneed’s absence to cover Chase last year was a huge reason we won the SB.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:04 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I know Sneed and McDuffie get the press (and deservedly so), but how often did you hear Josh Williams name called for giving up completions in the playoffs? Part of the secret of our success is just how good the depth at CB is now.
He's an absolute beast with great length at 6-3.

(On a related note, how nice is it to NOT have slapdicks like Breeland and Scandrick running around back there?"
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:11 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He's an absolute beast with great length at 6-3.

(On a related note, how nice is it to NOT have slapdicks like Breeland and Scandrick running around back there?"
Breeland shouldn’t mentioned in the same breath as Scandrick.
[Reply]
Sofa King 10:37 AM 02-16-2024
Philip Gaines

If you don't flinch when you see that name....
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:38 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Breeland shouldn’t mentioned in the same breath as Scandrick.
Right?

Breeland was awfully good for us in that SB run. I mean we're spoiled by the insanity we got this year, but Breeland was a big part of that championship. I believe he had the first interception off Grapes, no? And am almost positive he had the pass defensed that gave us the win over the Patriots in the regular season that eventually secured the bye and HFA.

Breeland deserves nothing but love 'round here. He was a good player for us.

Scandrick, OTOH, was so fucking bad that he talks trash on us anytime he gets a television spot as a way to deflect blame from how ungodly awful he was. That dude can get ass cancer.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:39 AM 02-16-2024
Keep that bum Scandrick’s name out of this thread.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Up