ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 165 of 170
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
carcosa 09:15 AM Today
According to my threadological research, the problem is that we don't have a thread dedicated to a particular desired trade target. There are more than 2,458 posts in this thread but their summoning power is spread out across all the hypothetical acquisitions. I think we need to post a thread about Diontae Johnson and start pushing there!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:18 AM Today
Elijah Moore from the Browns is a very interesting name to keep an eye on. Fast, shifty and put up good numbers with the Jets previously. Browns are probably in sell mode now so it's worth considering for a 5th or 6th.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Cooper got traded from Cleveland to Buffalo.

If Cleveland was willing to send him to Buffalo, they'd be willing to send him here.

Now I'm not saying it's nightmarish to not have gotten him, but if a 2025 3rd and 2026 7th got him from Cleveland, I'd have given a 2025 3rd and 2026 6th just go put us over the top and get the deal done.

Get to yes. Get someone in here. Cooper would've helped quite a bit and yeah, he was just as available to us as he would've been to Buffalo.
Reports are that Cleveland wanted our 2nd round pick. Cooper isn't worth that at all.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:20 AM Today
If we can get a legit receiver and head into the playoffs with him, JuJu and Kelce then I feel pretty good about that
[Reply]
Mecca 09:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Reports are that Cleveland wanted our 2nd round pick. Cooper isn't worth that at all.
So the "Your picks at the end of rounds so we want more than a 3 from you"
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's not Joe Douglass decision anyway, it's Woody calling the shots there now.
It's Rodgers calling the shots.

They'll do what he tells them to do.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:25 AM Today
No he's not. And ultimately I don't buy that.

If nothing else, the Titans 3rd is significantly more valuable than the Bills 3rd. And Cleveland doesn't care about 'not helping the Chiefs'.

If we'd have beaten the Bills offer, if only by a little bit, they'd have taken it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:28 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So the "Your picks at the end of rounds so we want more than a 3 from you"
Buffalo's pick ain't gonna be in the top 20 either.

Let's say Buffalo's 3rd rounder is at 91 and ours is at 96. We'd need to pick up 20 points of 'surplus value' to close that gap.

That's our 5th. 96 and 168 is worth more than what Buffalo gave up. If we'd have offered that, there's no reason to believe Cleveland wouldn't have taken it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:28 AM Today
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Elijah Moore from the Browns is a very interesting name to keep an eye on. Fast, shifty and put up good numbers with the Jets previously. Browns are probably in sell mode now so it's worth considering for a 5th or 6th.
This would be a terrific option. He plays the skyy Moore role (or at least what they want his role to be) so at the very least its addition by subtraction. It’s not THE move we need to make but it would be a terrific value move that is free enough that we can still add another.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by carcosa:
According to my threadological research, the problem is that we don't have a thread dedicated to a particular desired trade target. There are more than 2,458 posts in this thread but their summoning power is spread out across all the hypothetical acquisitions. I think we need to post a thread about Diontae Johnson and start pushing there!
Truth.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 09:31 AM Today
We have a higher 3rd round pick than what the Bills traded for him.

There is 0 reason we couldn't have gotten Cooper for a 3rd. That report is bullshit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:32 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No he's not. And ultimately I don't buy that.

If nothing else, the Titans 3rd is significantly more valuable than the Bills 3rd. And Cleveland doesn't care about 'not helping the Chiefs'.

If we'd have beaten the Bills offer, if only by a little bit, they'd have taken it.
To beat them, we almost assuredly would have had to give them that Titans 3rd. That's probably our most valuable trade piece, for a guy that has a huge drop history. I'd rather have Diontae.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:32 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
This would be a terrific option. He plays the skyy Moore role (or at least what they want his role to be) so at the very least its addition by subtraction. It’s not THE move we need to make but it would be a terrific value move that is free enough that we can still add another.
Sure. Fine. Add him to the B tier with Robinson and Osborn.

The issue with Moore is that he has a $3 million base so he's weirdly expensive owing to this being the last year of his rookie deal and his 2024 escalator.

But shit, if they'll take Skyy back in the deal to offset the cost (and they'll get another year of team control out of him), it might just work.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:33 AM Today
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
We have a higher 3rd round pick than what the Bills traded for him.

There is 0 reason we couldn't have gotten Cooper for a 3rd. That report is bullshit.
We absolutely could have had him for that Titans third but I've already addressed that. You guys are starting to panic and it's weird. The two best options for this team are still out there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:35 AM Today
To beat them, we almost assuredly would have had to give them that Titans 3rd. That's probably our most valuable trade piece, for a guy that has a huge drop history. I'd rather have Diontae.
That's not what any reasonable draft pick calculator says. At all.

The Titans pick is far enough ahead of Buffalo's pick that Cleveland would have to give us their 4th back to even get CLOSE. And if that's the deal, I probably still make it.

Every calculator is a little bit different, but the Titans pick for the Browns 4th would net them a surplus value of roughly a mid 3rd (around the 80-84 range). That's clearly better than what the Bills gave.
[Reply]
Page 165 of 170
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169 > Last »
Up