ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 162 of 171
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
O.city 07:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
If that's the mentality it may have just backfired. There are multiple teams in both conferences now needing WR help badly and maybe one or two actual difference makers left that may be on the market.
Yeah...the Chiefs are also back to back SB champs and have.....I dunno an infinite amount of rope to hang themselves with here?

They'll probably make a move....but if they don't they'll not be ran out of town.
[Reply]
O.city 07:47 AM Today
From 30k feet....they lost their best offensive weapon for the year, they lost their 2nd WR, starting RB etc.

It sucks but the fact that they're still churning out offensive points and yards is pretty damn impressive.

Take away Henry, Flowers and whoever the 3rd option is in Balt.

Look around the league at teams who have the injuries we do and what would happen to them.

ANd yet we roll on.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:50 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
At the moment yes but if they don’t make a trade for a WR Veach deserves to get thrown into a Dolphin rape cave
There's zero chance they don't make a trade at this point. I don't know why anybody is even assuming that's an option.
[Reply]
TEX 07:52 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
From 30k feet....they lost their best offensive weapon for the year, they lost their 2nd WR, starting RB etc.

It sucks but the fact that they're still churning out offensive points and yards is pretty damn impressive.

Take away Henry, Flowers and whoever the 3rd option is in Balt.

Look around the league at teams who have the injuries we do and what would happen to them.

ANd yet we roll on.
Truth. Most all teams would be crippled. Regarding the Chiefs, it will work to a point. But it seems, with each passing week, we lose more. At some point they're going to need to add something.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by TEX:
Truth. Most all teams would be crippled. Regarding the Chiefs, it will work to a point.
Oh shut the fuck up. We absolutely need a WR, but you don't get to play the "this isn't sustainable!" shit after you screamed the same exact thing the last 2 years only for them to go win a SB each time. Eat shit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
There's zero chance they don't make a trade at this point. I don't know why anybody is even assuming that's an option.
Because all of a sudden there's quite a few more suitors currently than actual difference makers, the Chiefs are operating with the biggest disadvantage on the trade market currently with the assumption their picks will be at or near the end of each round, and they've already shown an unwillingness to meet/beat the price for one of the best options the market.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:59 AM Today
Because all of a sudden there's quite a few more suitors currently than actual difference makers, the Chiefs are operating with the biggest disadvantage on the trade market currently with the assumption their picks will be at or near the end of each round, and they've already shown an unwillingness to meet/beat the price for one of the best options the market.
JFC

There's been 2 WRs traded, one of which was never coming to KC due to being on a divisional rivals teams. Not to mention the Chiefs have that Titans 3rd to help out with the obstacle of our projected draft position for a potential bidding war.

Again, stop with the fucking drama queen bullshit. It's absolutely amazing how bad you want the sky to be falling long before it's falling.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:03 AM Today
They do have a couple advantages though. Panthers aren’t picking up the phone if Tampa Bay calls. Not sending a good player tkk on a division rival.

49ers are getting Jauan Jennings and Deebo back soon and Pearsall is now back making his debut against us, and should get more snaps as the weeks go on.

49ers aren’t in the market IMO
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:04 AM Today
It does feel like we keep hearing stories about how we get beat by an inch on so many of our trade proposals. I’m not sore about any of these chances we lost but it is arguably a small blind spot of ours. And I don’t think it’s just because teams don’t want to trade with the chiefs. We probably need to buck the norm and just one time consider maybe high balling our offer.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:15 AM Today
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Tyreek has fallen off a cliff in Miami. Veach could totally make the case that Tua isn’t their future and they’re too far out of playoff contention. Bring Tyreek home again, he’ll renegotiate to get back with Patrick you know he will.
Hill led the league in receiving last year. He isn't anywhere off a cliff he just doesn't have a QB.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:16 AM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
JFC

There's been 2 WRs traded, one of which was never coming to KC due to being on a divisional rivals teams. Not to mention the Chiefs have that Titans 3rd to help out with the obstacle of our projected draft position for a potential bidding war.

Again, stop with the ****ing drama queen bullshit. It's absolutely amazing how bad you want the sky to be falling long before it's falling.
You new here?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It does feel like we keep hearing stories about how we get beat by an inch on so many of our trade proposals. I’m not sore about any of these chances we lost but it is arguably a small blind spot of ours. And I don’t think it’s just because teams don’t want to trade with the chiefs. We probably need to buck the norm and just one time consider maybe high balling our offer.
I really wasn't too keen on sending a 3rd for Cooper, but that was because I'd assumed they'd do SOMETHING to get rid of Skyy Moore and raise the floor of the WR after he effectively got benched against the Chargers.

But no. Ross and Remigio still on the practice squad. MVS signing with the Saints. Toney presumably getting the call up now that Cooper is gone.

Moore in 2024 is one of the worst players rostered in football. He's fucking worthless, and it's pretty inexplicable to me that wasn't addressed over the bye, even if it was just bringing back someone ever so slightly less worthless while they still worked the phones to bring in a difference maker.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:19 AM Today
Saving grace may be the Panthers preferring not to send Johnson away to a division rival.
And I'm guessing the Bucs are close enough to Carolina that MAYBE the Panthers see them as someone they need to stay on the same competition cycle as.

If you're Carolina and you think you're building a young core, you presume the Bucs (with their older WR corps) are probably on the downslide and you try to convince yourself that all you need is for Young to get it together and you're golden.

I mean...you'd be wrong, but it's a little different than the Raiders/Chiefs where KC is clearly running a different race than LV.

Carolina may see TB as a contemporary still.

In either event, there's a lot of need out there. We're gonna need to get something done in the coming days or be left holding our dicks when the music stops.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:19 AM Today
These are the options per the Athletic column:

Diontae Johnson
Darius Slayton
Adam Thielen
Christian Kirk
Demarcus Robinson
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:20 AM Today
I know this is irrelevant to the thread, but is there a thread where we ask the CP braintrust about FF rosters?

I have four receivers, can only start three of them, and I'm having a very difficult time choosing.

Rep to any useful answers.
[Reply]
Page 162 of 171
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166 > Last »
Up