« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns
TLO 07:10 PM 08-27-2021
Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:54 PM 08-30-2021
The Chiefs team is just practice, to prepare for the Broncos team. The Chiefs fans are just practice for the post season Bills fans. Fun in '21!!!
[Reply]
TEX 01:06 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
im sure the browns will line up garrett and Clowney Both on the right side and work against those 3 rookies alot.
Clowney's gonna get hurt, as usual, so...:-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:08 PM 08-30-2021
im sure the browns will line up garrett and Clowney Both on the right side and work against those 3 rookies alot.
Yeah, that's an interesting challenge. I'm sure KC would respond by using a combination of rollouts, 12 personnel (with the TE attached and helping Niang double-team Garrett), and RB chips.

Humphrey and Smith seam to have a natural instinct for "games" and respond well. Smith's college highlight tape had several clips of him anticipating a stunt or twist and absolutely punishing the twisting defender when that guy comes around the corner.
[Reply]
TEX 01:09 PM 08-30-2021
every team's fanbase has dumb takes. i dont expect the browns to win, i am more interested in how they look.

they finally have a smart coach. i expect they will look better on offense not as excited about the defense. i dont think they will have anything for KC's coach and mahomes unless Stefanski put his thinking cap on and helped the DC woods design something to try and give them trouble
You're right, Stefanski is a very good coach. Told my buddy, who's a Browns fan, that the second he was hired.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08-30-2021, 01:24 PM
This message has been deleted by Quesadilla Joe.
Jamie 01:26 PM 08-30-2021
I've seen the "3 rookies" thing a couple different places, and I get it from the outside looking in. That's usually not great. But the thing they're missing is that we have proven veteran options at all 3 positions. The rookies aren't playing because we have no other choice, they're playing because they're too good to sit.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:31 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I've seen the "3 rookies" thing a couple different places, and I get it from the outside looking in. That's usually not great. But the thing they're missing is that we have proven veteran options that at at all 3 positions. The rookies aren't playing because we have no other choice, they're playing because they're too good to sit.
Zero people would feel better with vets like Reiter, Wylie, and Remmers over rookies like Humphrey, Smith, and Niang
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:32 PM 08-30-2021
Yeah that's what is so fantastic about it. When your cheapest most inexperienced guys are so freaking good that you simply have to play them well that means we're set up for the future quite nicely
[Reply]
Lzen 01:43 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
....The Chiefs upgraded personnel specifically to adjust to that approach to defending them....
This entire post was very good but I think this part is very important. Tampa wasn't the first team all season to try this. I think fans who think their team has the formula to shut down Mahomes and the Chiefs are in for a rude awakening.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 01:49 PM 08-30-2021
The Browns’ uniform is the color of puke and shit, and their logo is literally just a dookie-colored helmet. The perfect emblem of Cleveland.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 02:10 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Zero people would feel better with vets like Reiter, Wylie, and Remmers over rookies like Humphrey, Smith, and Niang
the thing is they dont really have to be "good" Reid schemes up lots of misdirection with quick reads and throws. its not like mahomes is doing 7 step drops and holding the ball for 5 seconds.

they arent going to put these guys on an island when KC is at its best its mixing quick passes with the runs then take shot plays here or there.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:15 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I'm not sold on Orlando Brown, he's huge but speed rushers are going around his ass. Garrett may be putting some pressure on Mahomes. If we can stop their run game we'll be Ok. If we don't it's going to be a long day. We need to get up 14+ points on them fast to get them out of the run game.

I'm nervous.
Somebody said that he got beat during the Vikings game on a speed rush. That is only partially true. The one time he got "beat" was on the off-sides penalty, which Humphrey snapped the ball with the DL in the neutral zone, which threw off the timing of the snap.

Even with that, Pat had plenty of time to throw.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:27 PM 08-30-2021
I just remembered the Browns had a negative point differential last season. I think it’s very premature to consider them an AFC threat or even a lock for 10+ wins.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:36 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
Somebody said that he got beat during the Vikings game on a speed rush. That is only partially true. The one time he got "beat" was on the off-sides penalty, which Humphrey snapped the ball with the DL in the neutral zone, which threw off the timing of the snap.

Even with that, Pat had plenty of time to throw.
I think the Brown/Speed Rusher thing is a real thing.

I'm just not sure yet how it'll manifest in terms of pressure/sacks because Mahomes.

But yes, when the edge rusher goes wide and fast, he seems to have some trouble.
[Reply]
Best22 02:42 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I just remembered the Browns had a negative point differential last season. I think it’s very premature to consider them an AFC threat or even a lock for 10+ wins.
They have too much talent

The only question I have is how they play in a league with full stadiums. I think they will improve not regress.

Chiefs by 10
[Reply]
JakeF 03:36 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think the Brown/Speed Rusher thing is a real thing.

I'm just not sure yet how it'll manifest in terms of pressure/sacks because Mahomes.

But yes, when the edge rusher goes wide and fast, he seems to have some trouble.
I think lots of teams will line a 9-tech up outside Niang. A wide guy to keep Mahomes from rolling right seemed to hurt our passing game last year. Force Mahomes to go left or step up.

I just hope our improved Offensive line makes Defenses pay for stuff they did last year.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 106
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Up