ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Juju (2024)
Dante84 06:55 AM 08-26-2024

Just in: The #Chiefs are signing WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, per @Schultz_Report. A reunion with Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes. pic.twitter.com/C7zL3cft0J

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) August 26, 2024

[Reply]
Mecca 02:03 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
So the Chiefs haven't actually signed JuJu. I wonder if they'll sign him before or after the start of the new league year.
That'd be weird considering his biggest role would be to fill in for Hollywood Brown.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:04 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Then why is he practicing
Oh is he? Havent seen that reported.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:04 PM 08-26-2024
It’s a raise the floor / insurance move with a trusted commodity.

Veach & team know we have a chance to do something never been done before this season, and last year almost didn’t happen because of untrustworthy receivers.

Our drives will likely start at the 30 this year.

We are going to move the chains at will this year, either deep, short or intermediate plays.

And if/when we stall, we’ll likely be in Butker’s range.

And in the rare drives where we fail to move the ball, Araiza will pin the opponent inside the 15.

And our #2 defense last year will ideally be playing with a lead, allowing Spags to blitz the shit out of the other team.

I’m feeling good, man.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:05 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Because he wouldn’t just cost the vet minimum and is under contract with the Bills?
Shit I got my timing wrong. You’re right. I don’t know why I thought he was already cut. In any event, I still stand by the idea that this signing has everything to do with getting great value and insurance is just a cherry on the top. If the chiefs were seriously worried about Rashees availability they would’ve made a move a really long time ago
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:06 PM 08-26-2024
Oh is he? Havent seen that reported.
Yep saw this.

I feel like he wouldn't even risk putting on a uniform if he wasn't signed yet

Your photographic proof that JuJu Smith-Schuster was practicing with the Chiefs today pic.twitter.com/fNr7xBFhfc

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) August 26, 2024

[Reply]
Dante84 02:06 PM 08-26-2024
So the Chiefs haven't actually signed JuJu. I wonder if they'll sign him before or after the start of the new league year.

The champ is back. We have officially signed @TeamJuJu! pic.twitter.com/jEHJxOQaQE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) August 26, 2024

[Reply]
Mecca 02:06 PM 08-26-2024
If you can push Justin Watson into WR 5 that would mean this WR room has been upgraded by a massive amount.

It's also a pretty scathing indictment of nearly everyone that was here last year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:07 PM 08-26-2024
Then why is he practicing
I actually wondered if they were going to sign him to the PS. It seemed weird to me that they'd sign him to the active (guaranteeing his money) when he'd been unsigned to that point.

That's what teams usually do with veteran players that haven't been in camp. Put them on the PS until they're up to game speed. If he wanted to sign somewhere else, he'd have done it by now. The money doesn't matter to him because in all probability there's offset language in his contract where anything he earns this year just off-sets the Pats money.

Signing him straight to the active didn't make a lot of sense to me.

So maybe they gave him a camp invite w/ an understanding that they'd sign him to the PS when it opens?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:07 PM 08-26-2024
So at the end of the day all the hand wringing about WR there's a good chance Toney, Moore, Ross, Remigio...none of them did enough to make it so JuJu is here.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:08 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So at the end of the day all the hand wringing about WR there's a good chance Toney, Moore, Ross, Remigio...none of them did enough to make it so JuJu is here.
And good riddance to all of them.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:08 PM 08-26-2024
Someone told me this and welp

Originally Posted by :
He did more in 11 games in the Pats offense than Skyy did all season long in KC. Juju caught almost as many passes in 2/3 season with Mac Jones than Skyy Moore has in 2 full seasons with Mahomes.

I mean, that's all that needs to be said right
[Reply]
Mecca 02:10 PM 08-26-2024
So the WR room is...Brown, Rice, Worthy, Watson, JuJu and Hardman...I mean that's a lot better..
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:14 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So the WR room is...Brown, Rice, Worthy, Watson, JuJu and Hardman...I mean that's a lot better..
I bet Moore still makes it.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:15 PM 08-26-2024
I bet Moore still makes it.
They should just flip him for some conditional 6 or something, there's at least 1 team out there that thinks they can fix him or have a good role for him.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 02:29 PM 08-26-2024
Someone told me this and welp

Originally Posted by :
“He did more in 11 games in the Pats offense than Skyy did all season long in KC. Juju caught almost as many passes in 2/3 season with Mac Jones than Skyy Moore has in 2 full seasons with Mahomes.“
I mean, that's all that needs to be said right
Yep.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up