ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 82
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tourist(s) missing in submarine while trying to reach the Titannic
Ming the Merciless 10:45 AM 06-19-2023
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-coa...-sub-1.6446841

Originally Posted by :
A search and rescue operation is currently underway to locate a submarine that went missing during an expedition to the Titanic.
The U.S. Coast Guard was looking for the submarine Monday morning after it disappeared during the expedition from St. John's, N.L. The infamous 1912 wreck is located more than 600 kilometres southeast of the province in the North Atlantic Ocean.
The trip to the Titanic was being run by OceanGate Expeditions, a U.S.-based company. It uses a five-person submersible named Titan to reach the wreckage 3,800 metres below the surface. OceanGate's website advertises a seven-night voyage to the Titanic for US$250,000 per person, or approximately CA$330,000.
"We are exploring and mobilizing all options to bring the crew back safely," an OceanGate spokesperson said in an email to CTV News. "Our entire focus is on the crewmembers in the submersible and their families."

Those tours are a series of five eight-day missions to the Titanic with the money raised by tourists going towards Titanic research. Posts on social media show the ship launched from the St. John's area last week.

Did they really have 5 people in this?? Or do they have a larger version??

[Reply]
Kiimo 05:13 PM 06-20-2023
This is bonkers

Easily the best ocean depth animation I’ve seen… pic.twitter.com/UmhqCUwMBM

— Brett Roberts (@brettroberts) October 13, 2021

[Reply]
el borracho 05:14 PM 06-20-2023
Originally Posted by Donger:
Please tell me that was unintentional...
I've got a sinking feeling it was.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:15 PM 06-20-2023
Originally Posted by Katipan:
I would imagine very little panic.

You don’t do these things without careful reflection of what happens if something goes wrong and how you feel about the afterlife. At a certain point you just start telling each other all your secrets until you all fall asleep.

It’s like none of you have ever died before.
You think the 19 year old on board is handling this well?
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:17 PM 06-20-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
This is bonkers

imagine being on the Trieste

[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:18 PM 06-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:

maybe he is also high and low functioning
[Reply]
Katipan 05:19 PM 06-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I do.
There are 19 yr olds on subs right now.

I really doubt your first foray into an adrenaline sport involved being bolted into a fleshlight.
[Reply]
srvy 05:26 PM 06-20-2023
Originally Posted by Otter:
When the guy is bragging instead of rationalizing why a sub going 2 miles under the ocean is powered by a wireless Nintendo controller and who knows what else other discount store equipment I'm out.
Honestly it was mentioned its a specially modified Logitech controller. I would think the only thing that was Logitech was the case. They probably got a large amount of funding to allow them to brag about its control by Logitech. It may turn out to be poorly spent advertising.
[Reply]
Pennywise 05:27 PM 06-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
if it makes you feel better i think there were only two billionaires on board
And one was the pilot? I'd like to know how much call of duty he played and if it was using the controller rams fan mentioned.
[Reply]
Pennywise 05:29 PM 06-20-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Honestly it was mentioned its a specially modified Logitech controller. I would think the only thing that was Logitech was the case. They probably got a large amount of funding to allow them to brag about its control by Logitech. It may turn out to be poorly spent advertising.
Maybe they threw away the USB key Logitech hides in the box before they went down.
[Reply]
Donger 05:29 PM 06-20-2023
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I guess it must be because I have no idea what you're talking about.
I was watching CBS Sunday Morning when they aired that segment on the sub.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:30 PM 06-20-2023
Sorry if this was mentioned already

Originally Posted by :
The Titan relied on carbon fiber for a hull that would carry passengers as deep as 4,000 meters, a depth that Lochridge claimed in the court filing had never been reached in a carbon fiber-constructed sub. According to his claim, he learned the vessel was built to withstand a certified pressure of 1,300 meters, although OceanGate planned to take passengers to 4,000 meters.

they imploded

more sorry if Q

Originally Posted by :
Lochridge also expressed concern that the company planned for the sub to rely on an acoustic monitoring system to detect if the hull was breaking down or about to fail. That wouldn't provide much help in an emergency, Lochridge claimed in the filing, because the acoustic analysis would only alert people about imminent problems, "often milliseconds before an implosion."

Lochridge claimed the submersible needed additional types of tests to ensure its hull could withstand the rigors of deep-sea exploration. "Non-destructive testing was critical to detect such potentially existing flaws in order to ensure a solid and safe product for the safety of the passengers and crew," his legal filing claims.

Rather than address those concerns, OceanGate "immediately fired" Lochridge, the court document claim. The company allegedly gave him "approximately 10 minutes to immediately clear out his desk and exit the premises."

[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:31 PM 06-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pennywise:
And one was the pilot?

I dont think Stockton Rush was a billionaire....I dont think he was even super rich.

The two rich dudes were Hamish Harding and Shahzada Dawood (and Dawood brought his son).
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:32 PM 06-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pennywise:
And one was the pilot? I'd like to know how much call of duty he played and if it was using the controller rams fan mentioned.

I posted a pic of the controller earlier

edit, here:

[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:34 PM 06-20-2023
Curious what the other 4 people would do to Rush if they figured out truly how bad things were right now.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:37 PM 06-20-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Curious what the other 4 people would do to Rush if they figured out truly how bad things were right now.

put a pair of cement shoes on him and ... oh wait
[Reply]
Page 16 of 82
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Up