ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 48
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Child dies at Schlitterbahn in KCK
tk13 03:29 PM 08-07-2016
This is horrifying. Supposed to be a press conference soon with more details. Rumors seem to indicate it happened on the Verrukt, the world's tallest waterslide.

Boy, 12, killed in accident at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kan., police say. https://t.co/Msn6QJO1ZS pic.twitter.com/gse0gZvIC6

— Alex Johnson (@MAlexJohnson) August 7, 2016

[Reply]
patteeu 07:46 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Stuff like this makes me worry that all new rides are going to be those terrible computer screen ones where they show a video of a roller coaster and then make your stationary chair vibrate and move. Those things are the worst.
I almost died of nausea on one of those at Universal Studios Hollywood last winter.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:53 AM 08-09-2016
Sending my prayers
[Reply]
srvy 08:30 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Yes it is confirmed
Where did you see it confirmed? The autopsy was just completed late yesterday afternoon the results hasn't been released. All they have said was serious neck trauma.
[Reply]
Fish 08:32 AM 08-09-2016
:-)

Originally Posted by :
ABC News talked with Esteban Castaneda, who witnessed the incident at the water park. He described a horrific scene after the boy's death.

Castaneda said that he heard booms coming from the area of the slide and then saw a body wash down the slide directly after the raft did.

Castaneda said he noticed a lifeguard was trying to push the crowd back from the slide, but he continued to try to help because he thought there was someone lying face down in the water.

The lifeguard told Castaneda that there was nothing he could do to help. It was at that point that he noticed the boy appeared to have been decapitated.

Castaneda said two women were strapped into the raft, and the first position of the raft was empty. This is likely where Caleb had been sitting.

Castaneda said he had ridden the slide earlier in the day with his cousin's 14-year-old daughter. She had told him that her safety belt's Velcro came undone towards the end of her ride.

[...]

http://abc7chicago.com/news/gruesome...death/1462114/

[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 08:42 AM 08-09-2016
Velcro?
[Reply]
patteeu 08:44 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
Velcro?
Are you asking what velcro is?
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:47 AM 08-09-2016
Ultimately the park should be checking the straps before each ride, but it would be tough if you had one, or knew of an issue with that strap, but didn't say anything.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:33 AM 08-09-2016
Shut it down. Awful
[Reply]
jspchief 11:13 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
Where did you see it confirmed? The autopsy was just completed late yesterday afternoon the results hasn't been released. All they have said was serious neck trauma.
There are eyewitness accounts all over the Internet. Of course the local news isn't going to get into the gory details.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:29 AM 08-09-2016
ran across this on a theme park forum this morning. Rubber strips on the slide were removed at some point. This probably lead to increased speed, as was noted by mthe same poster comparing 2 of his videotaped rides from different seasons.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...pxWHp3NU9feXZB
[Reply]
srvy 11:53 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by jspchief:
There are eyewitness accounts all over the Internet. Of course the local news isn't going to get into the gory details.
Yeah I guess I dont go searching out the gory details :-)
[Reply]
In58men 11:18 AM 08-10-2016
My town news station is reporting decapitation.

[Reply]
Jiu Jitsu Jon 11:48 AM 08-10-2016
That's so awful it defies comprehension.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 01:18 PM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
It was confirmed by several major news outlets..I just looked at the headlines real quick. It broke my heart too much to keep reading. They obviously dont need the full autopsy of there were witnesses at the scene.

I dont think there is any conspiracy to keep this from the public...its there.
[Reply]
Jiu Jitsu Jon 01:22 PM 08-10-2016
A guy got decapitated on Fire in the Hole at Silver Dollar City years ago. I thought this was an urban legend, so I asked someone in the know. As in someone who knows the Herschends. It really happened.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 48
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up