Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Felix Anudike-Uzomah Thread*****
Dante84 09:51 PM 04-27-2023
More to come!

The call to @fanudike has us tearing up �� pic.twitter.com/bJryHPc8S1

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2023

A hyphenated name? He'll fit right in �� pic.twitter.com/wOzKMPdzyx

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 28, 2023

Kansas City selects K-State EDGE Felix Unudike-Uzomah 31st overall

�� 89 QB pressures since 2021 (1st among Big 12 defenders) pic.twitter.com/2ZIClLVyXf

— PFF College (@PFF_College) April 28, 2023

Here’s a first look at your newest Kansas City Chief, @fanudike. pic.twitter.com/P0T2q0UFmG

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) April 28, 2023

Felix Anudike-Uzomah was drafted with pick 31 of round 1 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.73 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 209 out of 1634 DE from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/maz03OdBwq pic.twitter.com/xoMJ9ki2Pv

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 28, 2023

Veach said the #Chiefs had 16-18 players with first round grades and Felix was one of them.

Also said a couple AFC teams weren’t interested in trading with Kansas City.

Naturally.

— PJ Green (@PJGreenTV) April 28, 2023

Felix Anudike-Uzomah, just now: "I got drafted by literally my favorite team growing up."

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) April 28, 2023

[Reply]
RunKC 06:54 AM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think he also said 'right there with those guys' before talking about how everyone gets really bunched up in that late 1st/early 2nd area.

I don't get the impression they were looking to trade up for him is ultimately my conclusion. They lost quite a few guess they liked in that 6-8 pick bloodbath through the 20s, IMO.
If you believe reports (and again this could be Cowboys smoke) the Chiefs called Dallas to trade up, but it was apparently for Mazi Smith who Dallas wanted.

I think the other teams before Dallas didn’t want to fall back to 31 bc their boards were getting dry.

I’m fine with Felix. I actually like him more than I did Karlaftis. Think his ceiling is higher than George’s
[Reply]
O.city 07:04 AM 04-28-2023
It's funny - you're the Felix Guy and I'll end up being seen as the anti-felix guy but I'll bet you and I see him almost identically as a player.

I think you see a little more burst than I do but still wouldn't consider him a 'twitchy' player. I think we both agree that he plays stronger than his size but he's not Foskey or White in terms of play strength.

He's a fairly chalky player. I don't think we got any sort of amazing value (I don't think you do either) but I think we took a solid guy who wouldn't have been available past 40 or so at a position where we want to keep layering talent.

It's...fine. B- outcome after it looked like A/A+ was on the table an hour previous to the the pick. It's neither brilliant nor stupid. It was a little more need based than I'd have expected as it's hard for me to believe that he graded higher in a vacuum than Porter or Branch, but they also clearly like him as a talent as they had him ahead of Foskey and White.

Ultimately I don't see much to be irritated or amazed by. It's just a fairly standard pick and ultimately development will determine how it ends up.
I think the KSU guys would have you believe he's a similar type player to what Nick Bolton was at Mizzou.
[Reply]
Christian & Barry 07:04 AM 04-28-2023
If he had less syllables in his name and played in the SEC, he would have been a top 10 pick. He can play.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:06 AM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/p...tate-pro-days/
So this is why he dropped?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:11 AM 04-28-2023
Stoked for Felix getting drafted to his favorite team, that's a cool story.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:15 AM 04-28-2023
Sounds like a solid starter. As long as that's what we get, this is a solid pick.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:16 AM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Stoked for Felix getting drafted to his favorite team, that's a cool story.
He's living my dream from 1969.
[Reply]
Chargem 07:19 AM 04-28-2023
Fine with this, feels like a solid pick at a premium position. I did feel like edge/DE wasn't particularly likely but the way the board fell, the pick makes a lot of sense.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:25 AM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
He's living my dream from 1969.
It's not too late. Start drinking grass juice or something.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:31 AM 04-28-2023
For the record, good pick.

I told my buddy and his gf that is was likely the KSU DE from about pick 25.
[Reply]
Shields68 07:33 AM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If you believe reports (and again this could be Cowboys smoke) the Chiefs called Dallas to trade up, but it was apparently for Mazi Smith who Dallas wanted.

I think the other teams before Dallas didn’t want to fall back to 31 bc their boards were getting dry.

I’m fine with Felix. I actually like him more than I did Karlaftis. Think his ceiling is higher than George’s
Makes sense. Clear there was going to be a run on DLine. Better to have your choice than to be at the end of the run.

Some speculation Dallas was looking at a TE. If that was the case it would have been a win win. Nothing hurt to mke the call
[Reply]
emaw1979 07:36 AM 04-28-2023
He seems like a high floor low ceiling player. His coach didn’t put him in the best position to get sacks.

I wanted Nolan Smith so bad.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:38 AM 04-28-2023
It's funny - you're the Felix Guy and I'll end up being seen as the anti-felix guy but I'll bet you and I see him almost identically as a player.

I think you see a little more burst than I do but still wouldn't consider him a 'twitchy' player. I think we both agree that he plays stronger than his size but he's not Foskey or White in terms of play strength.

He's a fairly chalky player. I don't think we got any sort of amazing value (I don't think you do either) but I think we took a solid guy who wouldn't have been available past 40 or so at a position where we want to keep layering talent.

It's...fine. B- outcome after it looked like A/A+ was on the table an hour previous to the the pick. It's neither brilliant nor stupid. It was a little more need based than I'd have expected as it's hard for me to believe that he graded higher in a vacuum than Porter or Branch, but they also clearly like him as a talent as they had him ahead of Foskey and White.

Ultimately I don't see much to be irritated or amazed by. It's just a fairly standard pick and ultimately development will determine how it ends up.
I'd describe the pick as "fine." It's boring and steady and has some upside but isn't something that makes you bang the table in excitement (like Myles Murphy probably would have, or Michael Mayer, or a non-reach WR).

Listening to a few takes on him, it sounds lke KSU schemed him a lot to play inside the T's should, or reduced inside, which don't play to his strengths.

It also sounds like he was more explosive as a sophomore than a junior, so maybe there is some truth to the injury component.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:47 AM 04-28-2023
I think he also said 'right there with those guys' before talking about how everyone gets really bunched up in that late 1st/early 2nd area.

I don't get the impression they were looking to trade up for him is ultimately my conclusion. They lost quite a few guess they liked in that 6-8 pick bloodbath through the 20s, IMO.
I think your probably right about a big part of their board going in the 20-30 range.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:49 AM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It also sounds like he was more explosive as a sophomore than a junior, so maybe there is some truth to the injury component.
Since the kid is local, I'm assuming the Chiefs have all the "real" info on the injury. Also assuming, whatever it is/was they are good with it.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 79
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Up