ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 20
« First < 61213141516 17181920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Nagy's Playcalling
Bowser 06:50 PM 10-29-2023
I think we can all agree that our offense has been "off" all season, minus the Bears and Chargers games. Mahomes hasn't looked himself by and large, and that could well be because of the talent around him, but watching the plays unfold just makes me wonder why some of the plays are being called in the first place.

Today was an abomination on many fronts with the offense but it sure looked a good deal like an Alex Smith game plan, minus Mahomes' patented making something out of nothing scramble drill passes. The run plays were predictable and getting nothing, but they kept forcing them. We threw the ball laterally as much as horizontally (seemingly), and the plays themselves just look, well, off.

Is it Nagy, is it Mahomes, is it the talent outside of Mahomes and Kelce, or is it a combination of all that? Or was this game just an outlier and our annual piss down our legs game as has been suggested, and I'm just OMG-ing for no good reason?

Something FEELS different than in the past so far this season. I would love to put my finger on what it is, precisely.
[Reply]
-King- 11:45 PM 11-20-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Dumb post. Playcalling was the best it's been since the Super Bowl. We ran it with Pacheco on 3rd and short multiple times, we didn't ignore the running game, WR's were schemed open continuously.

FFS. MVS was schemed open for a big gain TWICE including that back breaking play and Watson was open downfield multiple times in the game but ran the wrong route and dropped the fucking ball that was a perfect pass.

It's the fucking players. Andy and Nagy are off the hook this time. You couldn't have coached a better fucking game on offense.

Fucking CATCH.
Rice isn't taking himself off the field. Neither is Toney. Why are we getting so many drive killing penalties? Why are the receivers so confused on running the right routes and being where Mahomes expects them to be? Why are we seeing plays called and players featured on drives in the first half only to never see that again?

That's all coaching. I don't know if it's Nagy or Reid, or the WR coach or what, but there are definite coaching issues on the offense that do nothing to help the already bad WRs we have.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:53 PM 11-20-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
Rice isn't taking himself off the field. Neither is Toney. Why are we getting so many drive killing penalties? Why are the receivers so confused on running the right routes and being where Mahomes expects them to be? Why are we seeing plays called and players featured on drives in the first half only to never see that again?

That's all coaching. I don't know if it's Nagy or Reid, or the WR coach or what, but there are definite coaching issues on the offense that do nothing to help the already bad WRs we have.
Agree on coaching, especially with guys running the wrong routes, but I was referring to the playcalls.

They were outstanding tonight. Players just didn't execute
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:19 AM 11-21-2023
Agree on coaching, especially with guys running the wrong routes, but I was referring to the playcalls.

They were outstanding tonight. Players just didn't execute
This.

Lots of reasons to be mad as fans but if the Chiefs execute they’re undeafeated.

I think a lot of concern comes from fans being able to envision this happening in the playoffs. We have no idea if they’ll fix the problems but experiencing the same issues 10 weeks in at least makes the questions of whether they can get it fixed valid.

That said, I would hate to be the Raiders right now.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:38 PM 11-21-2023
Stupid fucking Nagy. Stupid fucking ANDY. How dare they call play calls that....wait....get guys open?!?!

This was the play before the punt- probably was hearing footsteps but gotta catch this pic.twitter.com/1sH8MWwTPy

— Computer Cowboy (@benbbaldwin) November 21, 2023

pic.twitter.com/YvDuSU8pMw
OH MY#Chiefs MVS dropped a long TD pass from Patrick Mahomes

— NFL Rumors (@nflrums) November 21, 2023

[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:45 PM 11-21-2023
MVS was unreal. I mean it was perfect.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 03:02 PM 11-21-2023
That was the best long ball I can recall this season. Mahomes finally goes deep with conviction and MVS does what he was known for in GB.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:13 PM 11-21-2023
I remember when Grbac said that he couldn't throw it and catch it too. Mahomes is too classy to say that, but I'm sure he's thinking it.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:41 PM 11-21-2023
Playcalling was VERY good last night. Then even gave Pacheco the amount of touches he should be getting every game along with finding ways to mix in guys like Toney in different ways. The play calling was worlds better last night than it has been.

The WR room can't make a tough catch and many times can't make the easy one either. I can't fathom that the open drops can continue at this pace but you don't have one WR on the roster that can make a tough catch when you need it. Most teams don't have a QB that can make the tough throws but that's not our problem. We struggle completing anything over 15 yards because of our WRs.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:44 PM 11-21-2023
All I can say is that defenses have been studying the Chiefs tendencies and I think that our players and alignments are allowing teams to predict what is coming. Add that to the poor execution and untimely penalties and this is the result.

As critical as I have been, this team is still 7-3, has the best QB in the WORLD and is really great to be happening now. it's all meaningless fun anyway and a game, why are we not having fun?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:31 PM 11-21-2023
I don’t like this guy.
[Reply]
J Diddy 10:54 PM 11-21-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
That was the best long ball I can recall this season. Mahomes finally goes deep with conviction and MVS does what he was known for in GB.
Was he known for pissing off Chiefs fans in Green Bay too?
[Reply]
TEX 03:06 AM 11-22-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Playcalling was VERY good last night. Then even gave Pacheco the amount of touches he should be getting every game along with finding ways to mix in guys like Toney in different ways. The play calling was worlds better last night than it has been.

The WR room can't make a tough catch and many times can't make the easy one either. I can't fathom that the open drops can continue at this pace but you don't have one WR on the roster that can make a tough catch when you need it. Most teams don't have a QB that can make the tough throws but that's not our problem. We struggle completing anything over 15 yards because of our WRs.
I thought the play calling was better this game also, except for all the runs on 1st down in the 2nd half. Philly sold out to stop it, and kind of did there in the 4th qtr. Should have done more over the top, but could / did not b/c of the WR's.
[Reply]
TEX 03:09 AM 11-22-2023
Stupid ****ing Nagy. Stupid ****ing ANDY. How dare they call play calls that....wait....get guys open?!?!

Just fucking terrible. :-)
[Reply]
Bump 03:19 AM 11-22-2023
Stupid ****ing Nagy. Stupid ****ing ANDY. How dare they call play calls that....wait....get guys open?!?!

Regarding the offense, if anyone says anything other than "it's the receivers" then they are just flat out wrong. Rice is the only one worth keeping next year, the rest are trash that needs to be taken out.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:40 AM 11-22-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Chiefs are 3 or 4 drops from being 10-0.

I trust Andy to get this fixed for the postseason.
Why do you believe he will fix it?

Because, if he can't fix it after 10 games, and if he can't fix it after almost two weeks of bye week, why would 7 more games make a difference?

Reid still says nonsensical shit like Skyy Moore does a heckuva job.

This offense isn't struggling.

This offense is just not good.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 20
« First < 61213141516 17181920 >
Up