ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 24
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hurricane Milton is a CAT 5 and Coming for Florida
Otter 03:35 AM 10-08-2024
Don't start being shy now mods to update and links...

Blow by Blow

On the Ground

https://www.youtube.com/live/NLhxcyz...zEXFzc7SMzsByZ

[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:51 PM Yesterday
get em dry air!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:52 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Probably fake news is my guess.
Yeah, I'm sure the trooper has nothing better to do than stage a fake rescue video for internet points.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:52 PM Yesterday
Dry air is the devil.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:53 PM Yesterday
Dry air is the devil.
No cat4 landfall for you!
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:54 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
No cat4 landfall for you!
You get no cats. You get no cats.

All this cat 5 hype biggest disaster in the history of the world by the media is crumbling.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:55 PM Yesterday
You get no cats. You get no cats.

All this cat 5 hype biggest disaster in the history of the world by the media is crumbling.
Yeah I see a bunch with the diagram showing it going back to Cat4 before landfall.. There is ZERO chance at this point.

It will make landfall as a Cat 3, and a LOW end cat3 at that. We lucked out, had the dry air and sheer not existed could have been really bad.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:56 PM Yesterday
I have to be missing something.

Hasn't it always been always known that it was going to rapidly strengthen to a CAT 5 then as it approached land weaken to a CAT 3/4? I mean I've known it for at least 5 days - does that mean I'm in the "know"?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:57 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Really of no worry I would think. They aren't very aggressive. Looks like about 2 or 3 people a year die from alligators. Around 10 die from brain eating amoeba. I'd be more worried about that.
Not much worry at all unless they get over like 8-10 feet. At that point they’ll eat anything.

Otherwise the only worry is for small children, elderly and animals.

Originally Posted by stumppy:
Looks like this hurricane brings out the worst in some people.

Wow, that is some next level fucked up shit.

I have more respect for the assholes who drop their dogs off in a rural area when they don’t want them.. and I don’t have any respect for those assholes either.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:58 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Yeah I see a bunch with the diagram showing it going back to Cat4 before landfall.. There is ZERO chance at this point.

It will make landfall as a Cat 3, and a LOW end cat3 at that. We lucked out, had the dry air and sheer not existed could have been really bad.
No chance it intensifies before land fall. Too much upper level shear and dry air it’s pulling in.

It might not even be a 3 at land fall. It’s already dropped against in the last 30 minutes.

It’s gonna be a mess with stuff. But the shear media driven panic is so pathetic. Crying wolf all the time is dangerously misinformation.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:58 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I have to be missing something.

Hasn't it always been always known that it was going to rapidly strengthen to a CAT 5 then as it approached land weaken to a CAT 3/4? I mean I've known it for at least 5 days - does that mean I'm in the "know"?
I mean yes, the possibility of it weakening was always there. Hence why the weather forecasters crying on live tv was crazy.

But it was never 100%
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:00 PM Yesterday
I remember living on eglin AFB when opal as a 3 hit. It was wild. But we survived.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:01 PM Yesterday
It's definitely weakening with 120mph winds. It won't really help those on the coast, but hopefully it'll minimize the damage inland
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:01 PM Yesterday
This isn’t a once in a life time hurricane. jFC Fox News. Drama misinformation much?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:02 PM Yesterday
People aren’t tying animals to light poles on interstates.
That you mrs VP?

It's been all over the local news here
[Reply]
Mecca 03:02 PM Yesterday
No chance it intensifies before land fall. Too much upper level shear and dry air it’s pulling in.

It might not even be a 3 at land fall. It’s already dropped against in the last 30 minutes.

It’s gonna be a mess with stuff. But the shear media driven panic is so pathetic. Crying wolf all the time is dangerously misinformation.
It's close enough that it's still going to have high end CAT 4 storm surge which is where a ton of the issues come from. Exact same thing happened with Katrina as it came in as a 3 as well but had the heavy storm surge as it weakened as it came in.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 24
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up