ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 31
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM Today
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Sounds like they’re officially expecting Hollywood back. Ho Lee **** you to the league.

https://x.com/jamespalmertv/status/1...258483668?s=46
Dang......Worthy, Brown and Hardman sounds like 3/4's of a good track team.

Throw in Hopkins, Kelce, Gray and Hunt/Pacheco in the backfield....

Man...I would love seeing that
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 07:57 AM Today
Way to go Burnt Vag!
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 07:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Dang......Worthy, Brown and Hardman sounds like 3/4's of a good track team.

Throw in Hopkins, Kelce, Gray and Hunt/Pacheco in the backfield....

Man...I would love seeing that
I can't wait to play Madden with all these WRs and move them to my active players list.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ehh I don't know if "there's a real chance" means quite the same thing as they're "expecting" him back, but great to hear nonetheless!
Fair, just seems like historically that's the type of thing Palmer puts out there if he feels pretty strong about it
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hopkins pretty much is the same move as Cooper but for a cheaper price.

Both guys are the same type of vet WR’s. Both had 1k seasons last year with poor QB play. Both having poor years this year….bc of poor QB play.

The Bills overpaid for Cooper. We paid the right price for Hopkins
It is but when you’re talking dhop or cooper, the injury risk definitely impacts what we’re willing to give up
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
I can't wait to play Madden with all these WRs and move them to my active players list.
:-):-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:01 AM Today
I've said for a couple years now that I just don't like Hopkins much. And he was better then than he is now.

But we needed someone and we needed them immediately. We got to 'yes' so a deal was made.

I hope this isn't it. I hope this is the start. My position has been that I want 2 guys, one from a Tier 1 list, another from a tier 2 list. I'd consider Hopkins in the T2 list at this point in his career.

But if the Panthers are slow-playing the market, so be it. Hopkins is a guy that should help right this very minute. Maybe Johnson frees up in a week or 2. Or maybe the Giants are wanting to wait a week and will eventually accept the Titans 3rd for Slayton and their 4th.

I don't like this move as an end game. I REALLY don't like the reported rationale for it -- "The Chiefs didn't want to give up a 3rd and the Titans were willing to cooperate" makes my skin crawl. That's that counting pennies crap I really don't like when we're chasing history.

I hope those 3rd are on the table (in some capacity) for the right guy. But the teams that currently control the right guy aren't willing to play ball yet so we did what we could WHEN we could and are still working the phones to better that situation.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:01 AM Today
So we’ve never really had a WR like Hopkins with Mahomes, not of his caliber. Hypothetically let’s say he balls out and adds a whole new element to the offense, do the Chiefs maybe reconsider exclusively scouting 5’11” 180 pound receivers and realize a true X can actually add value and a new dynamic to the offense going forward?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:04 AM Today
Hopkins pretty much is the same move as Cooper but for a cheaper price.

Both guys are the same type of vet WR’s. Both had 1k seasons last year with poor QB play. Both having poor years this year….bc of poor QB play.

The Bills overpaid for Cooper. We paid the right price for Hopkins
Eh - I'd much prefer Cooper. He moves much much better than Hopkins does at this point. And he's better in the intermediate/deep areas of the field while being equally adept short.

But we did pay far less for Hopkins so there's something to be said for that.

I don't think the Bills overpaid - they got Cooper at a fair return. I don't think the Chiefs got a 'better deal' for Hopkins. They got a lesser player at a lesser price.

Again, as I've said, I'd rather give up more to get more at this point.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
If he can be more productive than Watson, then he should be our 3rd best target behind Kelce and Worthy. I just hope he stays healthy and isn't ****ed from the recent knee injury. I think he is playing with a torn MCL, but maybe he's not because I doubt that he would pass a physical with one.
let's be optimistic and hopeful that this is awesome as it appears it will be for a late 5th if he flames to a 4th if he's good...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:07 AM Today
Schrager on NFLN saying the conditional 4th is based up playing time and if they go to the SB.

This is looking closer to a 4th than a 5th (which is fine)
Uh....no.

Again, even the prohibitive favorite in a conference is never more than a 50/50 proposition vs. the field to go to the SB.

What I really do not know is what that means for the tradeable capital we DO have at the moment. I suspect that means we've 'moved' our 5th. We don't have a 6th (Hardman deal) and if we were to then trade our 4th and the conditions for Hopkins hit, we'd have to give up our 3rd to TN instead of the conditional 4th. Or, obviously, we could acquire a 4th to fulfill the terms of the deal.

Anybody have any idea how those conditional picks work out if the conditions hit and you've traded the pick away?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:07 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've said for a couple years now that I just don't like Hopkins much. And he was better then than he is now.

But we needed someone and we needed them immediately. We got to 'yes' so a deal was made.

I hope this isn't it. I hope this is the start. My position has been that I want 2 guys, one from a Tier 1 list, another from a tier 2 list. I'd consider Hopkins in the T2 list at this point in his career.

But if the Panthers are slow-playing the market, so be it. Hopkins is a guy that should help right this very minute. Maybe Johnson frees up in a week or 2. Or maybe the Giants are wanting to wait a week and will eventually accept the Titans 3rd for Slayton and their 4th.

I don't like this move as an end game. I REALLY don't like the reported rationale for it -- "The Chiefs didn't want to give up a 3rd and the Titans were willing to cooperate" makes my skin crawl. That's that counting pennies crap I really don't like when we're chasing history.

I hope those 3rd are on the table (in some capacity) for the right guy. But the teams that currently control the right guy aren't willing to play ball yet so we did what we could WHEN we could and are still working the phones to better that situation.
Couldn't agree more, Deej.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 08:11 AM Today
Eh - I'd much prefer Cooper. He moves much much better than Hopkins does at this point. .
You think maybe his MCL injury has anything to do with that? The guy had 1000+ yards and 7 TDs in 2023.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:12 AM Today

If they don't make another move, I think it's more about them being confident Brown is able to play this year. They have the best information on that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:12 AM Today
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
So we’ve never really had a WR like Hopkins with Mahomes, not of his caliber. Hypothetically let’s say he balls out and adds a whole new element to the offense, do the Chiefs maybe reconsider exclusively scouting 5’11” 180 pound receivers and realize a true X can actually add value and a new dynamic to the offense going forward?
Mahomes has been double clutching on a lot of intermediate and deep routes so with the goal of unfucking some things with mahomes if dhop is still capable it’s a great exit route. Watching Russell moonball bad passes all night and seeing Steelers WRs fight like tigers to get the catch made me wish we had something like that.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 31
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up