Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Williams Thread*****
Dante84 11:31 AM 04-30-2022
More to come!

[Reply]
-King- 03:09 PM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Your Ravens argument is another dumb one.

The Ravens finished last in their division as recently as 2021. This is their first division title since 2019. The roster game is easier when you aren't in the AFC Championship every year. Success has a price, which the Ravens haven't had to pay.

And on top of that, the Ravens probably aren't even keeping all their talent next year. Both Patrick Queen and Justin Madubuike have played great, both drafted by Baltimore, and the Ravens probably can't afford to bring both of them back in 2024.
Ravens have proven to be able to draft no matter where they are drafting. I think Veach can do that too. That's why I don't see the pressing need to trade our elite players for draft picks. We can keep our talent, add to them with our original draft picks, and sign players. And I bet the ravens don't lose both players. At worst Queen will play on the franchise tag next year.

This dynamic of every elite player being unsignable because they'd cost too much and we'd rather have draft picks is crazy though. We shouldn't re-sign Sneed for elite corner money but we can sign a RT for 80m. Make it make sense.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:35 PM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I think the Chiefs will pivot this year and get Mahomes some weapons. Gotta keep him happy. This would be the "max savings and splurge on offense" mode.

Potentially...

-Jones walks, Chiefs save bigly
-Sneed walks, avoid a big contract there
-Reid cut, save roughly $10 mil
-MVS cut, obvious reasons.

Chiefs sign...

-Tee Higgins
-Gabe Davis

(Not sure if Gabe is the best fit here, I just went with it.)

That sounds pretty amazing really. But... I think we should keep Sneed.

I mean, Tee Higgins is going to get tagged by the Bengals and either traded, extended, or kept for “one more try.” So this is all a moot point.

But if the Chiefs are walking away from their two best players on defense and flat out cutting another good one who is being paid a reasonable salary, they’d better be doing it to add a better and more durable player than Tee Higgins.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:27 PM 01-27-2024
I think the Chiefs will pivot this year and get Mahomes some weapons. Gotta keep him happy. This would be the "max savings and splurge on offense" mode.

Potentially...

Chiefs sign...

-Tee Higgins
-Gabe Davis

That would be horrible.
[Reply]
Chargem 04:53 PM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:
Ravens have proven to be able to draft no matter where they are drafting. I think Veach can do that too. That's why I don't see the pressing need to trade our elite players for draft picks. We can keep our talent, add to them with our original draft picks, and sign players. And I bet the ravens don't lose both players. At worst Queen will play on the franchise tag next year.

This dynamic of every elite player being unsignable because they'd cost too much and we'd rather have draft picks is crazy though. We shouldn't re-sign Sneed for elite corner money but we can sign a RT for 80m. Make it make sense.
You're railing against people who are not me, by the way. I have not said anything like "every elite player is unsignable". All I said was the Chiefs might have a path to a better overall team if they could trade him. MIGHT.

I also said I hope the Chiefs can and do re-sign him. You are right, they can restructure Mahomes to sign players in 2024 but that just pushes some of his cap hit into 2025, 2026 etc and fans like us probably can't do the multi year analysis to know how feasible that is or how much can be pushed forward. You can't just push money forward like that forever, or you end up like the Saints.

I can try and make it make sense to you. In the salary cap world, competitive advantage is getting performance well above the fair market value. If you are paying all your players exactly what their performance suggests they should be paid and so is every other team then you have parity in the league.

Sneed is being paid the league minimum to play like the leagues best, that is an insane competitive edge. Paying an elite player for elite performance is not really an edge, as other teams have the same.

In theory if you trade him, you can just spend the money on an elite free agent and then use the additional draft pick for another player who plays at a level that is higher than their remuneration, because their remuneration is fixed for 4-5 years.

And yes, you are right the Chiefs can get this competitive advantage from their own draft picks. But every team has draft picks, so now we are back to parity again, you have to draft better than other teams. If someone will give up a premium draft pick to you, now you have a bigger edge. You have more cost controlled players, more chances to get players playing above their pay check.

It's a risk, because you need to find someone who is elite to spend the money on and hit on the draft pick. But when it works, you trade Tyreek Hill and then win a Superbowl.
[Reply]
Chargem 04:55 PM 01-27-2024

Potentially...

Chiefs sign...

-Tee Higgins
-Gabe Davis

Ick. That would be horrible
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 04:55 PM 01-27-2024

Potentially...

Chiefs sign...

-Tee Higgins
-Gabe Davis

Not a fan of either Tee Higgins or Gabe Davis. Would rather spend $ on a $10M-$15M vet for two years (Mike Evans) so we can keep Sneed. Losing CJ will hurt but we should tag and trade to get some capital back while keeping dollars for others like Creed and Bolton and (maybe) Tranquil.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:43 PM 01-27-2024

Potentially...

Chiefs sign...

-Tee Higgins
-Gabe Davis

If we let Sneed and Jones go for Gabe Davis and Tee Higgins, I’ll go from one of Veach’s biggest supporters, to his single biggest detractor.

Gabe Davis completely goose-egged in at least 2 (maybe 3, I don’t feel like looking it up) full games this season, and Tee Higgins is a brokedick.

I’m all for getting Mahomes some weapons, but giving either of those two guys big money would more than likely end up being a mistake.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:19 PM 01-27-2024
The crazy thing is you could legitimately let Jones and Sneed walk and, as long as you add at least 1-2 solid d-lineman during the draft and free agency and keep Tranquill, and you still have a top 10 defense next year.

Maybe you do just load up on weapons on offense. I could see it happening.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:05 PM 01-27-2024
So yeah Josh Williams
[Reply]
BWillie 11:43 PM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Ick. That would be horrible
Compared to what? I dont want Gabe Davis either but Mahomes with

Higgins
Rice
Davis

Damn near unstoppable offense and we'll likely get guys even BETTER than that. Im sure Mahomes is sick of this shit from this year.
[Reply]
-King- 01:52 AM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Higgins
Rice
Davis

Damn near unstoppable offense and we'll likely get guys even BETTER than that. Im sure Mahomes is sick of this shit from this year.
Tee Higgins has only played 65% of games in his career. Gabe Davis is a deep threat with inconsistent hands and with chemistry issues with his QB aka MVS.

Aim higher.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:35 AM 01-28-2024

Higgins
Rice
Davis

Completely unstoppable until you need Higgins available or throw a ball to Davis into actual coverage. Fuck both of those losers. They’ve got a rep on cp built off of luck.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:37 AM 01-28-2024

Higgins
Rice
Davis

For the 12 games a year Higgins plays and the 4 games a year Gabe Davis catches the ball/shows up, maybe.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 04:34 PM 02-15-2024
I know Sneed and McDuffie get the press (and deservedly so), but how often did you hear Josh Williams name called for giving up completions in the playoffs? Part of the secret of our success is just how good the depth at CB is now.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:37 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I know Sneed and McDuffie get the press (and deservedly so), but how often did you hear Josh Williams name called for giving up completions in the playoffs? Part of the secret of our success is just how good the depth at CB is now.
There isn’t a team in this league with a better trio of corners. Josh Williams is criminally underrated. Granted he’s not covering the top guy most of the time but still incredible how well he’s played this year.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Up