ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 156 of 173
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 01:19 PM 08-30-2024
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
That's wrong.

Schanuel had a 161 wRC+ with a 21.1 BB% and an 11.8 K% in 76 plate appearances with Double-A Rocket City.

Jac is holding his own with a 20.9 K% and an 8.1 BB% and a 97 wRC with high Single-A Quad Cities. Decent numbers, but nothing that screams move him up three levels to the majors.

Schaunel has done well in that situation. He has elite plate skills, but the knock against him is whether he will impact the ball enough to be a true thumper at 1B.
Wrong? Everything I posted was accurate Mr. Ocotillo. Calgianone, right now, has played 2 fewer minor league games than Schanuel had played in before he got called up. Two.

Yes, Schanuel and Caglianone are different types of hitters, with Schanuel being more of an OBP guy with low power and Caglianone having massive power but a lot of swing-and-miss. If you're advocating for Caglianone to stay in the minors until he matches Schanuel's K% and BB%, he simply would never get called up at all.

The point is, there is less of a need for minor league seasoning now than ever, what with all the advanced training techniques, your trackman, your Driveline, all that. Advanced college hitters don't necessarily need much time in the minors at all, as Schanuel has proven.

How about Zack Neto? He had more than Schanuel's 22 total minor league games before he got called up: he was drafted in 2022, played in the minros for a whopping total of 42 games, and was in the majors in 2023. Now in his second pro season, he already has locked up a 20/20 season with a month left to go, with a 112 OPS+ and a bWAR of 4.1 and growing.

Call Caglianone up!
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 01:38 PM 08-30-2024
I’m sure we could just plug in DeJong at first as well.
[Reply]
cabletech94 01:55 PM 08-30-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Pratto will be an upgrade with the glove at first. That should be a help
Was just going to say, wasn’t Prattos best feature his Defense?
Let’s Go, Kid!!!
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 02:10 PM 08-30-2024
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Was just going to say, wasn’t Prattos best feature his Defense?
Let’s Go, Kid!!!
He then got to the bigs and proved those reports to be inaccurate.
[Reply]
cabletech94 02:24 PM 08-30-2024
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
He then got to the bigs and proved those reports to be inaccurate.
Damn. That was last year, right? I kind of cleared my memory of that. Thanks.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:43 PM 08-30-2024
Sweet, Loftin is back up
[Reply]
BWillie 03:34 PM 08-30-2024
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Wrong? Everything I posted was accurate Mr. Ocotillo. Calgianone, right now, has played 2 fewer minor league games than Schanuel had played in before he got called up. Two.

Yes, Schanuel and Caglianone are different types of hitters, with Schanuel being more of an OBP guy with low power and Caglianone having massive power but a lot of swing-and-miss. If you're advocating for Caglianone to stay in the minors until he matches Schanuel's K% and BB%, he simply would never get called up at all.

The point is, there is less of a need for minor league seasoning now than ever, what with all the advanced training techniques, your trackman, your Driveline, all that. Advanced college hitters don't necessarily need much time in the minors at all, as Schanuel has proven.

How about Zack Neto? He had more than Schanuel's 22 total minor league games before he got called up: he was drafted in 2022, played in the minros for a whopping total of 42 games, and was in the majors in 2023. Now in his second pro season, he already has locked up a 20/20 season with a month left to go, with a 112 OPS+ and a bWAR of 4.1 and growing.

Call Caglianone up!
I don't think he would do well but it would be fascinating. Someday I'd like to see some bad MLB team who didn't care about winning just insert their 1st rd pick in the majors and see how he does and progresses.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:36 PM 08-30-2024

Lucas Erceg is day to day. Has swelling and soreness in the hand and said he hopes to be back very soon. He’s understandably upset about the play last night. Most upset about the injury to Vinnie Pasquantino. Says his teammates, including Vinnie, supported and consoled him.

— Joel Goldberg (@goldbergkc) August 30, 2024

[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:25 PM 08-30-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't think he would do well but it would be fascinating. Someday I'd like to see some bad MLB team who didn't care about winning just insert their 1st rd pick in the majors and see how he does and progresses.
It’s happened in the past — David Clyde, Bob Horner, Pete Incaviglia …
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:54 PM 08-30-2024
The gap between AAA and MLB pitching is greater than it has ever been. Even polished prospects are struggling to adapt and adjust.

I don’t Caglianone has done enough to make anyone think he can skip up. He hasn’t even really forced a promotion to AA, which is the other big jump for hitters and pitchers.

If it’s me pushing the buttons, I would call up Pratto. Your defense at 1B would would improve tremendously, he works counts, and he has power.

The K rate is out of control and looks like it will always be an issue, but an IF defense of DeJong, Witt, Garcia/Massey, and Pratto would be pretty stout.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:02 PM 08-30-2024
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
It’s happened in the past — David Clyde, Bob Horner, Pete Incaviglia …
Seems like it's been a while though.
[Reply]
farmerchief 08:39 AM 08-31-2024
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam:
This really sucks. What a disastrous sequence of events that play was.

Who’s our new full-time first baseman? Salvy? Fermin full-time at catcher, and call up a backup catcher when we IL Pasquantino later today?
Salvy needs the days off, to just DH, doesnt need the grind of playing in the field everyday.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:53 AM 08-31-2024
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:

Call Caglianone up!
Schanuel and Neto tore the cover off the ball at the Double-A level. They got called up because they put up video game numbers. Double-A is the proving ground of the minors.

Caglianone is performing around a league average rate in a small sample size at high Single-A. It would be setting him up to fail to bring him up. Let him get confidence first and hope he goes on a heater. .244/.319/.402 is not a slash line that screams major league call up. He's still adjusting to pro pitching and wood bats.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:29 AM 08-31-2024
Royals add Pham. Sucks that Vinny got hurt I assume they would've added him anyway

https://x.com/BNightengale/status/18...zx7lBoCDQ&s=19
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:29 AM 08-31-2024

Royals Claim Tommy Pham https://t.co/WhwqjTmonf pic.twitter.com/v9UbDmUbwA

— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) August 31, 2024

[Reply]
Page 156 of 173
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166 > Last »
Up