Page 156 of 940
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166206256656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
EPodolak 10:19 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Their cash stream is truly remarkable. Literally insane.

I sold all my shares around $210 for a nice profit but am thinking of buying back if it continues to dip more.
Heh, sorry man. My comment was practically a repost of yours just above. Too lazy to read sometimes.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:59 PM 09-20-2018
Today was a fun day.

More days like today please.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:00 AM 09-21-2018
XRP is up 43 percent today
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:14 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Today was a fun day.

More days like today please.
the chinese are flipping assturds
[Reply]
lewdog 07:34 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
the chinese are flipping assturds
I've been making money.

Not on IQ or BABA though. :-)
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 03:43 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Driven by this:

Originally Posted by petegz28:
It had also better be legit or he can find his ass in a lot of trouble with the SEC.
Welp.. Tesla down big on the news the SEC is suing Musk. It's not a big surprise, you can't really come up with 70+ billion in funding to go private without significant conversations over a long period that would have leaked out.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:46 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Welp.. Tesla down big on the news the SEC is suing Musk. It's not a big surprise, you can't really come up with 70+ billion in funding to go private without significant conversations over a long period that would have leaked out.
I haven’t seen anything. What are they suing him for?
[Reply]
DaFace 04:03 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I haven’t seen anything. What are they suing him for?
If you're asking what the punishment might be, it sounds like they could ban him from being an executive with any public company (like Tesla).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ocket-jml0ca0m

Originally Posted by :
It sought unspecified monetary penalties and added a market-rattling request -- that a judge bar Musk from serving as an officer or director of a public company.
Honestly, that might not be the worst thing in the world. The dude clearly needs to step back a bit and get some sleep.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:15 PM 09-27-2018
If you're asking what the punishment might be, it sounds like they could ban him from being an executive with any public company (like Tesla).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ocket-jml0ca0m

Honestly, that might not be the worst thing in the world. The dude clearly needs to step back a bit and get some sleep.
Man I’ve apparently paid zero attention. So the SEC dinged him for not disclosing shareholder activity?

I didn’t think the SEC filed lawsuits. I thought they levied criminal charges.

RE: Musk. Yeah. I watched him on the Joe Rogan Podcasr and he looked and sounded like he’ll.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:17 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Man I’ve apparently paid zero attention. So the SEC dinged him for not disclosing shareholder activity?

I didn’t think the SEC filed lawsuits. I thought they levied criminal charges.

RE: Musk. Yeah. I watched him on the Joe Rogan Podcasr and he looked and sounded like he’ll.
Oh. No. I assumed you'd heard about him being an idiot' He tweeted this a while back:

Am considering taking Tesla private at $420. Funding secured.

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) August 7, 2018

He, in fact, did not have funding secured. So they're going after him for misleading shareholders.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:17 PM 09-27-2018
Did Elon Musk just sign with the Panthers?

Edit: Oh, sure. Delete the erroneous quotes and make me look like a fool.
[Reply]
eDave 04:28 PM 09-27-2018
What a shame. Take Tesla away from him but leave him SpaceX.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:30 PM 09-27-2018
Oh. No. I assumed you'd heard about him being an idiot' He tweeted this a while back:

He, in fact, did not have funding secured. So they're going after him for misleading shareholders.
Oh. Thanks. For some damn reason I thought it was already done. I am obviously the dumbest bastard that ever lived.

That will set an interesting precedent if the SEC wins the suit.

CEOs personal social media acts as a formal company communication? That’s .... rough man. I pretty much agree in this specific instance, but still that’s an interesting precedent. So if Satya Nadella posts a picture of him eating an apple for breakfast can the SEC say he intended to show that they are taking over apple and when they don’t SEC can tune him up?

Like I said, I think In this case I agree, but it’s a precedent that could get freaking weird man.

Fucking Twitter. LOL
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 04:30 PM 09-27-2018
Yeah, it seems like he's burned out and become pretty erratic. It's too bad he didn't have a board that would've forced him to bring in help with operations.

Buehler - I think criminal cases get referred over to the DOJ. The SEC is civil cases*

edit: wanted to add. I imagine that's on purpose because it's easier to win civil cases? Finance, insider trading and intent is hard enough to prove already
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:32 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Yeah, it seems like he's burned out and become pretty erratic. It's too bad he didn't have a board that would've forced him to bring in help with operations.

Buehler - I think criminal cases get referred over to the DOJ. The SEC is civil cases
Right on. I was all the way wrong on that.
[Reply]
Page 156 of 940
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166206256656 > Last »
Up