ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 155 of 173
« First < 55105145151152153154155 156157158159165 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****
Dante84 06:41 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Mahomes knew Rashee Rice was his guy after throwing with him in Dallas.@AdamLefkoe with the scoop �� pic.twitter.com/X8ZAab22kM

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) April 29, 2023

Rashee Rice | WR | SMU

One of the best WR prospects at the catch point and winning leverage mid-route. He consistently sets up defenders to put them on his back, locates the ball, and attacks it at the highest point.

Skill set is wild for a 6' 200lb WR. pic.twitter.com/ClxW4SJvi5

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 16, 2023

Rashee Rice was drafted with pick 55 of round 2 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.53 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 145 out of 3062 WR from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/lwD9tvVPvv pic.twitter.com/YjucxErSE1

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:33 AM 01-18-2024
VEACH CANT DRAFT WRs!!!! BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT RICE DOESN'T COUNT!!!!
[Reply]
carcosa 09:34 AM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
That implies it'll be his best playoff game... I think it should be "Rice's Welcome Party" personally, but something organically will come out of it I'm sure.
The CG and SB will be known as The Rashee Rice Game II and III, respectively
[Reply]
Balto 11:13 AM 01-18-2024
Do we feel good about Rice being our #1 WR next season or do whatever we can to get a #1 with Rice slotted in as our #2?

Of course one could argue that Kelce is our #1 and we at least need another #2 type talent at WR to pair with Rice.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:21 AM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by Balto:
Do we feel good about Rice being our #1 WR next season or do whatever we can to get a #1 with Rice slotted in as our #2?

Of course one could argue that Kelce is our #1 and we at least need another #2 type talent at WR to pair with Rice.
Rice has performed as well as any WR ever has in their first year with Andy, so I'm OK with penciling him in as the #1. However, I don't think we can count on Kelce holding up at the same level moving forward, so we definitely need to be hunting for at least some help at the level of a #2.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:40 AM 01-18-2024
I'm excited to what Reid does with a whole offseason to build an offense around Rice's skills.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:41 AM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Rice has performed as well as any WR ever has in their first year with Andy, so I'm OK with penciling him in as the #1. However, I don't think we can count on Kelce holding up at the same level moving forward, so we definitely need to be hunting for at least some help at the level of a #2.
We can probably justify drafting a receiver (WR or TE) fairly early every year.

We carry 5-6 WRs and 3 TEs. Someone will always be getting old, declining, or expensive.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:46 AM 01-18-2024

We need another top guy that's around that level of Rice. Get that and this offense will be hard to stop even with Kelce declining. Hell, to be sure I reckon it's still a middling guy in FA and a 1st round WR.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 11:52 AM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
We need another top guy that's around that level of Rice. Get that and this offense will be hard to stop even with Kelce declining. Hell, to be sure I reckon it's still a middling guy in FA and a 1st round WR.
Need a speedy WR that can get separation, track deep balls, and catch them.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:04 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
Need a speedy WR that can get separation, track deep balls, and catch them.
It's crazy how hard this feels right now. We have 3 WRs (Moore, Hardman, Toney) who rolled a minus 20 in D&D for "wide receiver instincts", and another two (MVS, Watson) who know how to run routes, but don't track the ball or catch the ball very well, and never fight through contact.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:13 PM 01-18-2024

We don't need a #1 - Rice can do that.

But if he's your #1, you need a pretty reliable #2 given that Kelce's likely going to show continued decline.

If you have Rice and a guy who's 90% as good as Rice as your 2nd, with 80% of this year's version of Kelce at TE - you'll be in fine shape.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 12:13 PM 01-18-2024
It is simply criminal that the Chiefs organization has not supplied Veech with a time machine, so that he can jump out a season or two and evaluate the potential draft picks properly.
[Reply]
O.city 12:18 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We don't need a #1 - Rice can do that.

But if he's your #1, you need a pretty reliable #2 given that Kelce's likely going to show continued decline.

If you have Rice and a guy who's 90% as good as Rice as your 2nd, with 80% of this year's version of Kelce at TE - you'll be in fine shape.
I don't like looking for a "#2" though. Go look for a potential #1 and go from there.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:20 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't like looking for a "#2" though. Go look for a potential #1 and go from there.
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN, lol
[Reply]
O.city 12:22 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN, lol
Everyone knows but you I guess.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:33 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Oh I don't think anyone looks for a lesser player - especially if you're drafting one in the first round.

But I'm going to assume you're making a different argument - notably that you'd rather not trade ceiling for floor. You don't want to pass on a potential #1 for a more sure thing who will be a viable #2.

But...isn't that kinda what we both were eager to do with Emeka Egbuka? I don't think either of us saw him as a potential superstar yet he seemed like such a sure thing as a strong NFL contributor that we'd have been more than happy to take him even if he's less likely than say Legette or Walker to be a 1.

(And if that's NOT what you were trying to say, I have no idea what it may be - are you saying don't look for a complement to Rice but rather just the best collection of skills you can find even if some of those are redundant when paired with Rice?)
[Reply]
Page 155 of 173
« First < 55105145151152153154155 156157158159165 > Last »
Up