ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 152 of 199
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
scho63 02:21 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Tyreek Hill is on pace to break the record for most receiving yards in a season without Patrick

Patrick Mahomes is on pace to break the record for most receiving yards in a season without Tyreek

Both have legit cases to be MVP
Like I posted earlier in this thread, this trade was a WIN_WIN for both teams. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 02:54 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He may have had a concussion.
I think he was flustered when EB lit into a future hall of famer for making one mistake. EB lost the AFC Champ game
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:57 PM 11-07-2022
"This trade gonna expose some people"

Well...

Didn't expose Mahomes.

Didn't expose Tyreek.

Didn't expose Tua.

And the Chargers are still Chargering.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 03:00 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Well...

Didn't expose Mahomes.

Didn't expose Tyreek.

Didn't expose Tua.

It exposed him as the douche canoe we’ve always thought he was.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:03 PM 11-07-2022

But the Chargers have managed to squeak out some razor thin victories. Super lucky against Cleveland, Denver, & Atlanta. Really wish they lost the Cleveland & Atlanta games.
[Reply]
kevrunner 03:10 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
It exposed him as the douche canoe we’ve always thought he was.
He did it again in an interview right after yesterday’s game:

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:10 PM 11-07-2022

Well...

Didn't expose Mahomes.

Didn't expose Tyreek.

Didn't expose Tua.

It must have exposed Allen's lower extremities because he's hurt, again.
[Reply]
Valiant 03:25 PM 11-07-2022
I thought he hurt his chances at the Hof when he left. Proving me wrong so far. For the life of me, I don't know why they don't run the defenses they do against the chiefs on the dolphins. I would just double coverage him and waddle all game. Make them beat you running it or throwing to someone else.

For some reason teams aren't giving them their best like we see each week.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:33 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I thought he hurt his chances at the Hof when he left. Proving me wrong so far. For the life of me, I don't know why they don't run the defenses they do against the chiefs on the dolphins. I would just double coverage him and waddle all game. Make them beat you running it or throwing to someone else.

I mean, he's still one of the best in the league. THAT wasn't going to change. Hill was going to be good regardless of where he went, as long as he stayed healthy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:41 PM 11-07-2022

Teams apparently forget all about the cover 2 shell concept in the offseason.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:44 PM 11-07-2022

Because it's damn near impossible to double two guys with that kind of speed who both play outside. You can't really shade either.

Ultimately Waddle and Hill are better complements for defeating a 2-high shell concept than Hill and Kelce are.

They can just challenge too much of the field. Kelce may be murderously difficult to cover within 15-20 yards, but he's not a real threat 30+ downfield.

Both Waddle and Hill are. You just can't commit that hard to them because they put too much of the field at risk.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:48 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Teams apparently forget all about the cover 2 shell concept in the offseason.
Nah - they're still doing it and doing it well. I mean there's a reason scoring is down.

But the idea that you could just go into a cover 2 shell and wipe out a HoF talent was silly all year last year. It's silly now. You just have to bring more of the field into the fight.

I mean if you figure a field is roughly 50 yards wide and Hill/Waddle present credible threats 60 yards deep, you've got 3,000 square yards of field you've gotta cover (about 6 tenths of an acre). Double all you want, shell all you want - you just can't do it - it's too damn much ground to cover. And if you commit 4 guys trying to, you're going to leave yourself exposed in a bad way underneath and Gisecki is no slouch.

The Chiefs just didn't offer that level of threat to that much of the field last year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:56 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nah - they're still doing it and doing it well. I mean there's a reason scoring is down.

But the idea that you could just go into a cover 2 shell and wipe out a HoF talent was silly all year last year. It's silly now. You just have to bring more of the field into the fight.

I mean if you figure a field is roughly 50 yards wide and Hill/Waddle present credible threats 60 yards deep, you've got 3,000 square yards of field you've gotta cover (about 6 tenths of an acre). Double all you want, shell all you want - you just can't do it - it's too damn much ground to cover. And if you commit 4 guys trying to, you're going to leave yourself exposed in a bad way underneath and Gisecki is no slouch.

The Chiefs just didn't offer that level of threat to that much of the field last year.
So the key to this is actually WADDLE, not Hill? I mean, obviously Hill is a huge piece but the thing we didn't have that the Fins do is Waddle.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:02 PM 11-07-2022
Love Tyreek but he needs to get with a public speaking coach.

Now I know why we never put a camera in his face when he was in KC...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:02 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So the key to this is actually WADDLE, not Hill? I mean, obviously Hill is a huge piece but the thing we didn't have that the Fins do is Waddle.
Both, yes.

One is making these things possible for the other. Neither guy would be having nearly this level of success without the other guy, IMO.

(Which was why I wanted to add more speed, not more size, to attack the Cover 2 last offseason).

Admittedly, it's just my working theory and one I've had for a bit now. So I'm biased here. But that's definitely the world as I see it and were I trying to put Hill to his highest and best use, I'd be hard pressed to find a complementary offensive weapon I'd prefer than Waddle. He's such a dangerous downfield threat.
[Reply]
Page 152 of 199
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162 > Last »
Up