ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 151 of 156
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
KimbleAnders4ever 09:30 PM 08-06-2024
The chances that the Chiefs stay in Missouri went up considerably tonight. Mike Kehoe won the Republican Primary for Governor. Kehoe is Parsons guy and was the only candidate that signaled a willingness to use state money to keep the Chiefs.
[Reply]
wazu 09:32 PM 08-06-2024
Originally Posted by KimbleAnders4ever:
The chances that the Chiefs stay in Missouri went up considerably tonight. Mike Kehoe won the Republican Primary for Governor. Kehoe is Parsons guy and was the only candidate that signaled a willingness to use state money to keep the Chiefs.
I voted for him purely for that reason. I don't expect it to matter but at least it was a small reward for signaling that he knows the only issue I really care about.
[Reply]
tk13 06:13 PM 08-14-2024
This is making the rounds today and I've seen other KC reporters confirm it. Royals looking at a new downtown site.

The Royals have explored multiple downtown stadium sites, with recent talks w/ the city studying the viability of Washington Square Park north of Crown Center, multiple sources told me.

Wherever it is, Mayor Lucas prefers to avoid another vote. More here:https://t.co/CSiRyNczEE

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) August 14, 2024

[Reply]
TEX 06:42 PM 08-14-2024
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
No idea.

But one thing I know for sure is that the stadiums do not bring in this unlimited wealth as some want to believe.
Big deal.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:50 PM 08-14-2024
I really like the Washington Square Park idea. Still in the heart of the city. Adjacent to transit/hotel/visitor type things like Crown Center not far from Liberty Memorial. It does not put a bunch of people out with no good plan.

Makes a lot of sense if they can make the footprint work.
[Reply]
srvy 07:52 PM 08-14-2024
Figures Mayor Lucas wants to rip down George Washington's Statue. Fat Zach is all for also. makes sense.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:54 PM 08-14-2024
STL was able to fit Busch stadium into the same area (~540,000 sqft), so maybe they can. And I think the BCBS building will have to be consumed to get the square footage they're looking for, but that might be able to be done. :-)

I'd still like to see it on the river, but this isn't a bad choice either.
[Reply]
wazu 07:59 PM 08-14-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:
This is making the rounds today and I've seen other KC reporters confirm it. Royals looking at a new downtown site.

Sounds good. Get it done, Mayor Q.
[Reply]
srvy 08:44 PM 08-14-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
STL was able to fit Busch stadium into the same area (~540,000 sqft), so maybe they can. And I think the BCBS building will have to be consumed to get the square footage they're looking for, but that might be able to be done. :-)

I'd still like to see it on the river, but this isn't a bad choice either.
I don't see BCBS giving up that iconic property off Main Street and next door to Crown Center.

Fuck this jackass Royals owner and his downtown dreams. If they want to take a park take Penn Valley Park. The off-leash dog park along with Pioneers Mothers park and KC Kickball club. He would have one of the best views of the City and all the room to do what he wants with his vision of an entertainment area.
[Reply]
Shawny2X4 09:04 PM 08-14-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
I don't see BCBS giving up that iconic property off Main Street and next door to Crown Center.

**** this jackass Royals owner and his downtown dreams. If they want to take a park take Penn Valley Park. The off-leash dog park along with Pioneers Mothers park and KC Kickball club. He would have one of the best views of the City and all the room to do what he wants with his vision of an entertainment area.
Blue KC is moving to 1400 Baltimore sometime in 2025.

https://www.bluekc.com/press-release...-headquarters/
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:11 PM 08-14-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:

I thought this was the render at first and was going to say it looks terrible.

Then I realized it's the K as it currently sits and now I know why they need to move.
[Reply]
srvy 09:11 PM 08-14-2024
Originally Posted by Shawny2X4:
Blue KC is moving to 1400 Baltimore sometime in 2025.

https://www.bluekc.com/press-release...-headquarters/
Well I count me surprised. Are they selling old property or using in another capacity other than corporate offices?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:12 PM 08-14-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:

Fuck this jackass Royals owner and his downtown dreams. If they want to take a park take Penn Valley Park. The off-leash dog park along with Pioneers Mothers park and KC Kickball club. He would have one of the best views of the City and all the room to do what he wants with his vision of an entertainment area.
Blue Cross Blue Shield KC is positioning itself for a sale and trying to divest assets. They would gladly sell that brick and mortar location so they can get into a lease that is more attractive to a buyer.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:15 PM 08-14-2024
Irony is this is the site Keitzman and WHB were pimping back in the day. It's actually a pretty good spot overall. A Crown Center rebirth would be a good thing.
[Reply]
srvy 09:16 PM 08-14-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
I thought this was the render at first and was going to say it looks terrible.

Then I realized it's the K as it currently sits and now I know why they need to move.
I usually focus on the game being played on the field not the surroundings outside the stadium but by all means you do you.
[Reply]
Page 151 of 156
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155 > Last »
Up