ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 150 of 175
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:30 PM 10-21-2024
ANY help would be good help at this point. Im not going to argue about who's the better trade value. Bring in a warm body with some legit NFL experience.

What's Josh Gordon doing these days?
[Reply]
O.city 03:32 PM 10-21-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Doesn't 'complicate' it at all. It caps it.

He's a rental, full stop.

"The Panthers want to extend him..."

Okay, but he is gonna wanna test free agency unless they make him an offer he can't refuse. They'll know if they're interested in that by the deadline. Hell, they know that NOW.

I'd offer them our three and if they counter with the Titans 3 to pull the trigger now, I'd sigh and pull the trigger.

The market for receivers we can acquire isn't likely to get much larger but every week is another week another team may have a need that we have to bargain against. Pay a little more than you'd like and get something done.

We need to add a receiver.
That third will end up being a high 60's pick. I'm just....I dunno if they'll move that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:34 PM 10-21-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
ANY help would be good help at this point. Im not going to argue about who's the better trade value. Bring in a warm body with some legit NFL experience.

What's Josh Gordon doing these days?
I'd bring in Demarcus Robinson in a heartbeat at this point.

And then keep burning the lines to try to find someone else.

The issue isn't that we're a WR short. It's that we're TWO short. We've gotta add another guy to this WR room to even get to 'thin'.

Because we have 3 guys we can put on the field right now. Worthy, Watson and Hardman is all we realistically have. Moore isn't an NFL player. JJSS is going to be out for some period of time and then we'll get maybe 2 games from him before he's out again.

And we have 11 games left to play without a break. Not a single one of the guys we have is going to get MORE healthy.

This really isn't tenable.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:38 PM 10-21-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
That third will end up being a high 60's pick. I'm just....I dunno if they'll move that.
And if they're lucky that pick is as good as Bryan Cook.

Who's...fine.

That's a really good get in the early 3rd and it's STILL not worth undermining a potential run at a 3-peat.

Yes, it would hurt to give that pick up. But this is history. If giving it up substantially improves the offense in a potential historic season, I do it.

And no, I'm not saying I think that's what he'll cost. He'll end up getting traded for less than that, IMO. Probably for the rough value of a 4th rounder when it's all said and done -- probably in the form of pick swaps somehow.

But it's musical chairs time and I don't want to go into the postseason throwing gotta have 'em balls to Justin Watson and Mecole Hardman because I was haggling over a round worth of draft capital on the 3rd day.

Just get a damn deal closed.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:46 PM 10-21-2024
The issue isn't that we're a WR short. It's that we're TWO short. We've gotta add another guy to this WR room to even get to 'thin'.
And they are missing their top of the depth chart WR's to make matters worse.

Hollywood, Rice and JuJu... those were the Chiefs top 3 WR's (with Worthy mixed in as well).

Can't just replace that with Practice Squad elevations.
[Reply]
O.city 03:49 PM 10-21-2024
And if they're lucky that pick is as good as Bryan Cook.

Who's...fine.

That's a really good get in the early 3rd and it's STILL not worth undermining a potential run at a 3-peat.

Yes, it would hurt to give that pick up. But this is history. If giving it up substantially improves the offense in a potential historic season, I do it.

And no, I'm not saying I think that's what he'll cost. He'll end up getting traded for less than that, IMO. Probably for the rough value of a 4th rounder when it's all said and done -- probably in the form of pick swaps somehow.

But it's musical chairs time and I don't want to go into the postseason throwing gotta have 'em balls to Justin Watson and Mecole Hardman because I was haggling over a round worth of draft capital on the 3rd day.

Just get a damn deal closed.
Hey...you know me. I'd never have a pick.

I'm just not sure they're gonna be open to moving it. Johnson just makes too much sense to me in what you need here, but there's not alot of smoke there.
[Reply]
O.city 03:53 PM 10-21-2024
I might even go a different direction. If you can't get a WR done and you're gonna have to play a different way...go find a more electric RB.

Tony Pollard has looked pretty healthy and dynamic....
[Reply]
BWillie 03:55 PM 10-21-2024
Yeah, you would like to resign him if you could, but giving up a 3rd for a rental isn't something they're gonna do.
Bet
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:59 PM 10-21-2024
Hey...you know me. I'd never have a pick.

I'm just not sure they're gonna be open to moving it. Johnson just makes too much sense to me in what you need here, but there's not alot of smoke there.
Isn't the 'smoke' that we evidently tried to acquire him in the off-season?

That tells you we like the player. So I can't imagine we aren't making inquiries on him. And if we are, it certainly behooves Veach to keep those fairly close to the vest, no?
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 04:04 PM 10-21-2024
MVS to the Saints is now official so that’s not an option.
[Reply]
carcosa 04:24 PM 10-21-2024
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
FUCK!!!!!
[Reply]
DRM08 04:25 PM 10-21-2024
Well damn. Guess we'll see if Veach has anything planned.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:27 PM 10-21-2024

Thank you Saints.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:28 PM 10-21-2024
Going to be signing Toney back at this rate.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:29 PM 10-21-2024
I might even go a different direction. If you can't get a WR done and you're gonna have to play a different way...go find a more electric RB.

Tony Pollard has looked pretty healthy and dynamic....
Get Perine more involved in the passing game. Before Hardman's rushing TD in the Niners game, they were trying to convert a 3rd down to keep the clock rolling. They did a bootleg to get Mahomes away from the DL, avoiding another batted ball INT at the line of scrimmage. He had a very easy throw to Perine, who ended up gaining 22 yards on the 3rd and 4 play.

I want to see these type of plays more often. Perine is a pretty good option in the receiving game if they'll dial up more plays like this one.
[Reply]
Page 150 of 175
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160 > Last »
Up