ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 36
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kareem Hunt [signed to the practice squad]
wazu 01:43 PM 09-16-2024

With RB Isiah Pacheco expected to be sideliend 6-8 weeks, the Chiefs are bringing their former RB Kareem Hunt back to Kansas City for a Tuesday visit, per league sources. Hunt could help fill the Chiefs’ running back void. pic.twitter.com/nDzNGlrcuH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
digger 08:57 AM 09-17-2024
Did we sign that piece of Shit yet?
[COLOR=inherit !important]

[/COLOR]
[Reply]
scho63 09:03 AM 09-17-2024
I see ZERO downside signing him.
[Reply]
digger 09:06 AM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
I see ZERO downside signing him.

other than losing a spot for a better RB...
[Reply]
Mecca 09:13 AM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by digger:
other than losing a spot for a better RB...
There's a better RB? Where?

You a Latavius Murray fan or somethin?
[Reply]
digger 09:15 AM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Surely, there is a younger RB that is sitting in someones PS we could get instead... I know don't call you Surely...
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:19 AM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Our RB1 may be a guy who has a total of 9 NFL carries after having been an UDFA...

Our RB2 may be a guy primarily used on 3rd downs who has had 1 season with >100 carries and that was back in 2017...

But bringing back Kareem Hunt would be 'desperation'..... :-)

Do you think we're operating from a position of strength here, bro?
We came into the season desperately hoping that Pop would stay healthy throughout the season. He's gone in game 2. Yeah, we're absolutely desperate now.
[Reply]
digger 09:21 AM 09-17-2024
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-practic...of-2024-season
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:21 AM 09-17-2024

He's not the explosive player he was 6 years ago, he still knows how to move his feet and get through holes though.
Yeah, he isn't going to burn people deep on wheel routes any more, but he still picked up almost 2 yards per carry AFTER contact last season, in a pretty limited role (used almost exclusively against stacked boxes, too).

In KC's scheme, where teams are playing safeties deep and running light boxes, having physical tackle-breakers is a nice feature.

I can see the fit and it would be somehwat of a fun redemption story.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:21 AM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by digger:
Surely, there is a younger RB that is sitting in someones PS we could get instead... I know don't call you Surely...
Most PS RB's are either going to be UDFA's or guys who didn't make it, we already have that. The Chiefs are looking for someone who won't get Mahomes killed in the backfield or make rookie mistakes.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:25 AM 09-17-2024
Most PS RB's are either going to be UDFA's or guys who didn't make it, we already have that. The Chiefs are looking for someone who won't get Mahomes killed in the backfield or make rookie mistakes.
When your LT is struggling you need a RB who you trust chipping for his ass
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:28 AM 09-17-2024

I'd prefer Herbert, Breida or my sweet baboo, Evan Hull.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:29 AM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
When your LT is struggling you need a RB who you trust chipping for his ass
Which is why I'm not gonna get too wound up either way.

These coaches see better than I can who's a genuine asset in pass pro. I think I know it when I see it, but I really don't. We can't know if/when/how they made the right read to get over for a protection.

If they simply don't think any of those guys I want are worth signing, it's because they don't trust the guy to make the key block when it's needed. Because it's obvious all of them would be better pure runners than Hunt at this point in their careers.

But if they trust Hunt in pass pro, that's more important than what the other 3 can bring, I suppose.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:33 AM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Which is why I'm not gonna get too wound up either way.

These coaches see better than I can who's a genuine asset in pass pro. I think I know it when I see it, but I really don't. We can't know if/when/how they made the right read to get over for a protection.

If they simply don't think any of those guys I want are worth signing, it's because they don't trust the guy to make the key block when it's needed. Because it's obvious all of them would be better pure runners than Hunt at this point in their careers.

But if they trust Hunt in pass pro, that's more important than what the other 3 can bring, I suppose.
Herbert is still on the Bears, are we trading for him?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:35 AM 09-17-2024
Sure, its a desperation move. Thats where we are. We cant pursue a 3peat without being thin at every position with sub-par backups. Nature of the beast.

It looks like the reason other back to back SB champs failed due to loss of key players in the off-season, not injuries' in season. So there is that anyway.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 AM 09-17-2024
Herbert is still on the Bears, are we trading for him?
Huh.

I thought they'd cut him. Okay, ignore that.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 36
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up