ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 48
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Child dies at Schlitterbahn in KCK
tk13 03:29 PM 08-07-2016
This is horrifying. Supposed to be a press conference soon with more details. Rumors seem to indicate it happened on the Verrukt, the world's tallest waterslide.

Boy, 12, killed in accident at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kan., police say. https://t.co/Msn6QJO1ZS pic.twitter.com/gse0gZvIC6

— Alex Johnson (@MAlexJohnson) August 7, 2016

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:16 PM 08-08-2016
This tragedy is beyond terrible.

But Velcro?

Who in the name of fuck approves Velcro at those speeds?
[Reply]
wazu 09:17 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm pondering the physics. If the kid in front was light and if the woman in the back was large, I wonder if there's a chance of the front end rising up enough to push the kid into the netting.
Was wondering same thing earlier. They worry about the total weight, but no stated rules on how it's distributed.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:19 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Watching CNN they interviewed people that said all day people were complaining about the front strap not working correctly.
If this is true......good god. Those ride operators have blood on their hands. But most of them are Just kids themselves.....
[Reply]
KevB 09:42 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
If this is true......good god. Those ride operators have blood on their hands. But most of them are Just kids themselves.....
Yep, that's been my thought. Did management at the park staff the ride appropriately?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:46 PM 08-08-2016
Velcro :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:00 PM 08-08-2016
Wow someone I know who knows a lady on the ride had her jaw broken by the child's head.
[Reply]
threebag 10:31 PM 08-08-2016
Velcro and tons of banana boat spf50 smeared everywhere.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:14 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by wazu:
No. It wouldn't.

Originally Posted by doomy3:
Not even close.

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It really wouldn't.
I guess I should have used the :-) smiley or something to make it clear that I wasn't a gold digging asshole. I said that with sarcasm and was making the point that the second thing everyone starts talking about after they say "what a tragedy" is "how much do you think they will bank?"
[Reply]
thabear04 12:25 AM 08-09-2016
Don't know if this was posted but here are some test before they open the ride up.

http://www.people.com/article/water-...t-flying-watch
[Reply]
DenverChief 12:28 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
A lot of states are putting them in. Some states have struck them down as unconstitutional, others have not. Missouri struck theirs down; Kansas upheld it.

I mean, people are constantly bitching about slip and fall cases yielding windfalls through pain and suffering. They complain about wildly exorbitant jury awards. Well this was the legislative response; cap them and keep juries from going insane. And given the prevalence of forum shopping in Kansas, it makes sense (attorneys in St. Louis know about the generosity of Wyandotte County juries).
Welp maybe this will spur a change in the law in KS. It's sad that the death of a child to make that happen but how do you quantify pain and suffering? 250k isn't even close ...
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:54 AM 08-09-2016
has it been confirmed the boy was beheaded?

any news i have read, only states he was killed.

my point is, due to the millions of dollars a park like this will lose in attendance, if everyone knew the 'manner in which life was taken', impacts tourism.

the media bias on this one clearly favors the park. at least from this side of the pond.

no one is being told the truth here.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 01:05 AM 08-09-2016
Yes it is confirmed
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:09 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Yes it is confirmed
thanks.

i have to admit, for a four hour period when this happened, i made sure skype was on for me. my boy back in kc is about the same age, and no assumptions he was not there.
[Reply]
eDave 08-09-2016, 03:49 AM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
eDave 03:56 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
You know those threads that you click on and read and then say to yourself "why in holy **** did I click on that?"

Yeah.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:40 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Yes it is confirmed
All that's been released is 'fatal neck injury '

Although many have implied beheading.

City, Kan., police on Monday night said Caleb Schwab died from a fatal neck injury while riding the 168-foot-tall Verrückt water slide at Schlitterbahn water park on Sunday.

Caleb, 10, was with two women who were not related to him in a boat on the Verrückt. About 2:30 p.m., an off-duty police officer who was working at the park called dispatch that an incident occurred and he needed help. Kansas City, Kan., police and fire departments went to the park and found Caleb dead from a fatal neck injury in the pool at the end of the ride.

The two women in the boat sustained minor facial injuries and treated at local hospitals.

The incident remains under investigation by the Kansas City, Kansas Police Department’s Major Case Unit. Police ask anyone with information to call 913-573-6030.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
Page 15 of 48
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up