ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 26
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tamba Hali
DeezNutz 08:33 PM 09-20-2009
Has anyone seen him? His friends and family are worried.

What happened to our impact LB? The sack machine? The difference maker?
[Reply]
Saccopoo 11:18 PM 09-21-2009
Personally, I want to know how the positional draft guys are going to justify Berry or Mays with a top five pick. You know, the same guys who said you couldn't draft Curry, no matter how good he might be, with that pick because he was a strongside LB, not a pass rusher.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:19 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
Personally, I want to know how the positional draft guys are going to justify Berry or Mays with a top five pick. You know, the same guys who said you couldn't draft Curry, no matter how good he might be, with that pick because he was a strongside LB, not a pass rusher.
Because Curry wasn't an elite, special talent at his position. He wasn't Patrick Willis. He wasn't Derrick Brooks.

Rare players supercede positional value. Guys like Sean Taylor, Barry Sanders, Deion, Adrian Peterson, etc.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:19 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
Unless either one of these guys are Sean Taylor, minus the bullets, Top 5 is way too high, IMO.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:20 PM 09-21-2009
Eric Berry and Taylor Mays are better prospects than Aaron Curry.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:21 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
JFC.

No, they don't.

The whole idea of signing bonuses essentially killed the salary cap from day one.

Why do you think guys like Haynesworth are getting $100 million dollar deals while the 'Skins are under the salary cap?

Up Front Money.

It's all about luxury boxes and stadium revenues, which are NOT a part of league revenue sharing. The teams with higher ticket prices, hundreds of suites and so on get to keep that money for their own use.

You didn't know that?

Seriously?

:-)
This happens often. doomy acts too cool for the room, and then gets caught with his dick in the pickle slicer.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:22 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
This happens often. doomy acts too cool for the room, and then gets caught with his dick in the pickle slicer.
I'd imagine that at this point, that blade is becoming dull
[Reply]
doomy3 11:24 PM 09-21-2009
JFC.

No, they don't.

The whole idea of signing bonuses essentially killed the salary cap from day one.

Why do you think guys like Haynesworth are getting $100 million dollar deals while the 'Skins are under the salary cap?

Up Front Money.

It's all about luxury boxes and stadium revenues, which are NOT a part of league revenue sharing. The teams with higher ticket prices, hundreds of suites and so on get to keep that money for their own use.

You didn't know that?

Seriously?

:-)

No, I do get this. Those bonuses do go against the cap though, they are just spread out over the course of the contract. I know that teams can circumvent the salary cap by restructuring contracts, etc. It's not only big market teams that do this though. Arizona has restructured several contracts this year for instance.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:25 PM 09-21-2009
Doomy.......question, I was wondering..

Did pick you pick up Manningham last week like I suggested in your trade thread?
[Reply]
doomy3 11:25 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Seriously dude? What's your problem? I am simply having a conversation in this thread, and I don't see why you feel it necessary to come in and do a drive by shot at me at every opportunity.
[Reply]
doomy3 11:26 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Doomy.......question, I was wondering..

Did pick you pick up Manningham last week like I suggested in your trade thread?
Yeah, I had already picked him up in one league, but picked him up in that league you were talking about for Nicks. Dude had a monster game too, unfortunately was on my bench behind Roddy White and Cotchery.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:27 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by doomy3:
Seriously dude? What's your problem? I am simply having a conversation in this thread, and I don't see why you feel it necessary to come in and do a drive by shot at me at every opportunity.
You're a great American. This country owes you a huge debt.

NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP, AND LET ME DO MY JOB!!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:27 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by doomy3:
No, I do get this. Those bonuses do go against the cap though, they are just spread out over the course of the contract. I know that teams can circumvent the salary cap by restructuring contracts, etc. It's not only big market teams that do this though. Arizona has restructured several contracts this year for instance.
Yeah but the deal is that teams that have huge fan bases that are willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars (if not hundreds of thousands) on suites are going to have an enormous amount of cash on hand for signing bonuses, not just restructures.

I've seen people on Chiefsplanet continually bitch about the "Wine and Cheese Crowd", yet without these people filling the stadium and luxury boxes, the Chiefs will have a horrible on-field product.

Oh.

Oooppps.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:28 PM 09-21-2009
The teams in the huge markets have an advantage with the money they make. That's why there is a CBA problem the owners can't agree.
[Reply]
doomy3 11:30 PM 09-21-2009
Yeah but the deal is that teams that have huge fan bases that are willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars (if not hundreds of thousands) on suites are going to have an enormous amount of cash on hand for signing bonuses, not just restructures.

I've seen people on Chiefsplanet continually bitch about the "Wine and Cheese Crowd", yet without these people filling the stadium and luxury boxes, the Chiefs will have a horrible on-field product.

Oh.

Oooppps.
I just really don't see the dominance from the large market teams in the NFL like I do in MLB. It seems like it is pretty even and not like teams in NY are far and away outspending teams in smaller markets in the MLB.
[Reply]
doomy3 11:30 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The teams in the huge markets have an advantage with the money they make. That's why there is a CBA problem the owners can't agree.
But I thought the main problem on the owners side with the CBA is more on the large market owners. Aren't those the guys that want the change so they can spend more of that money instead of sharing it?
[Reply]
Page 15 of 26
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up