« First < 51112131415 161718 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Williams Thread*****
Dante84 11:31 AM 04-30-2022
More to come!

[Reply]
Chargem 04:13 AM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:
These cheapest team possible Olympics are getting insane
Nonsensical. No one is suggesting the Chiefs aren't going to spend all of their cap space on players, you're happy spending that 18m on corner, others want that spent on WR or DT or wherever else.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:33 AM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Nonsensical. No one is suggesting the Chiefs aren't going to spend all of their cap space on players, you're happy spending that 18m on corner, others want that spent on WR or DT or wherever else.
You kind of NEED to pay your excellent young players that second contract. For a couple of reasons-

1)You can't COMPLETELY retool every couple of years, if you can keep that to re-doing one position group per it's hard enough.

2)It sends a bad message to your locker room that you can't get paid here. That's not good.

Jones is up for his 3rd deal; that's a different story. And even now, there are times when he's not honoring his run fits because he's chasing sacks. He's a very good player, and is absolutely elite AT TIMES, but also disappears for long stretches. You don't pay him $30m per into his mid-thirties. You're not likely to get that production. 10 sacks is not worth that.

Sneed is younger, and he and Mcduffie are such a great and versatile pair that it allows Spags to do whatever he wants. You pay Sneed that second deal.
[Reply]
Chargem 09:33 AM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You kind of NEED to pay your excellent young players that second contract. For a couple of reasons-

1)You can't COMPLETELY retool every couple of years, if you can keep that to re-doing one position group per it's hard enough.

2)It sends a bad message to your locker room that you can't get paid here. That's not good.

Jones is up for his 3rd deal; that's a different story. And even now, there are times when he's not honoring his run fits because he's chasing sacks. He's a very good player, and is absolutely elite AT TIMES, but also disappears for long stretches. You don't pay him $30m per into his mid-thirties. You're not likely to get that production. 10 sacks is not worth that.

Sneed is younger, and he and Mcduffie are such a great and versatile pair that it allows Spags to do whatever he wants. You pay Sneed that second deal.
I think this one is pretty muddy in my mind, I love Sneed and do hope they pay him, but at the same time I like the corners and secondary in general that are currently under contract in 2024 a lot better than I like the WR room or DT position.

If you can keep Sneed, sign some non-jags at DT and improve the WR room with the current cap position, then great definitely do that. If you can trade Sneed for a late 1st or early 2nd round pick and that's what you need to do to improve the overall team, so be it.

I think point 2 in your list is overblown by fans, just like the "come sign for a discount and get a ring" fallacy. I would believe Sneed 100% if he says he wants to stay in KC, but if its another team offering him a 4 year 72m deal, I don't think he is losing any sleep over it and I don't think the locker room is either, they understand its a business and are happy for their friends/colleagues when they get the bag, whoever hands it to them. Plus Andy Reid is never going to lose a locker room.
[Reply]
-King- 09:35 AM 01-27-2024
Why the hell is it an either/or situation? You don't need to get rid of your elite DT AND CB to get a WR or DT.
[Reply]
Chargem 09:54 AM 01-27-2024
Why the hell is it an either/or situation? You don't need to get rid of your elite DT AND CB to get a WR or DT.
Changing your argument now. You said not signing Sneed is being "cheap" - whether Sneed is a Chief next year or not, the roster is still going to be 53 players and they are going to spend ~$245million on them. The dumb thing you said is still dumb.

And why is it an either or? Have you heard of the salary cap? When you spend money somewhere, you have less money to spend in other places.

I am also not saying its definitely an either/or. You might be able to retain Sneed and improve at WR and only get a little worse at DT. I just don't think its a dead certainty, if you have to tag Sneed and then the negotiations drag out, you're limiting your ability to make moves in FA.
[Reply]
-King- 11:00 AM 01-27-2024
Changing your argument now. You said not signing Sneed is being "cheap" - whether Sneed is a Chief next year or not, the roster is still going to be 53 players and they are going to spend ~$245million on them. The dumb thing you said is still dumb.

And why is it an either or? Have you heard of the salary cap? When you spend money somewhere, you have less money to spend in other places.

I am also not saying its definitely an either/or. You might be able to retain Sneed and improve at WR and only get a little worse at DT. I just don't think its a dead certainty, if you have to tag Sneed and then the negotiations drag out, you're limiting your ability to make moves in FA.
You don't have to get rid of your elite CB to get a good WR. We have options. Either draft. Or restructure Mahomes to get a WR in FA/trade.

I really can't wait for Veach to restructure Mahomes contract this off season so this myth that his contract is this huge hindrance to building a team. It's getting ridiculous. Everytime a player proves himself and is due a new contract, there's this big race to trade them and it's just getting fucking dumb. The Ravens have paid their elite players including their QB, signed elite players, and drafted well. We should be moving like how they do not trying to recreate the Patriot way bullshit. Yeah sometimes you do have to let a player go, but to suggest we should trade and let go both Sneed and Jones is just stupid team building IMO. They have to keep one of the two. If that means making Sneed a top 5 paid CB, then so be it. Figure the rest out.
[Reply]
O.city 11:05 AM 01-27-2024
Chiefs are farther along in the big qb deal than the ravens
[Reply]
-King- 11:06 AM 01-27-2024
We're a few months away from people calling Sneed selfish and not a team player because he wants to get paid like an elite CB and people digging up obscure state to downplay how good he is.
[Reply]
-King- 11:10 AM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Chiefs are farther along in the big qb deal than the ravens
We've been through this 100x so we'll just see what they do this off season. I bet they restructure Mahomes and get his cap hit to not be a ridiculous 60m. That's what it's going to come down to. But you guys think Mahomes and his agent forced Veach into a contract he can't work around. So yeah, we'll see.
[Reply]
O.city 11:17 AM 01-27-2024
It’s gonna be 60 million plus in the next 4 years at some point. There’s really no way around it
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:35 AM 01-27-2024
We're a few months away from people calling Sneed selfish and not a team player because he wants to get paid like an elite CB and people digging up obscure state to downplay how good he is.
What do you think the Chiefs are doing?

Sneed: "Gimme $24 mill per, plz"

Chiefs: "No."

Sneed: "Why?"

Chiefs: "Here's why."

That's kind of how negotiations work. You want somebody to work for you, but you also want them for the right price.
[Reply]
Chargem 12:34 PM 01-27-2024
You don't have to get rid of your elite CB to get a good WR. We have options. Either draft. Or restructure Mahomes to get a WR in FA/trade.

I really can't wait for Veach to restructure Mahomes contract this off season so this myth that his contract is this huge hindrance to building a team. It's getting ridiculous. Everytime a player proves himself and is due a new contract, there's this big race to trade them and it's just getting fucking dumb. The Ravens have paid their elite players including their QB, signed elite players, and drafted well. We should be moving like how they do not trying to recreate the Patriot way bullshit. Yeah sometimes you do have to let a player go, but to suggest we should trade and let go both Sneed and Jones is just stupid team building IMO. They have to keep one of the two. If that means making Sneed a top 5 paid CB, then so be it. Figure the rest out.
Your Ravens argument is another dumb one.

The Ravens finished last in their division as recently as 2021. This is their first division title since 2019. The roster game is easier when you aren't in the AFC Championship every year. Success has a price, which the Ravens haven't had to pay.

And on top of that, the Ravens probably aren't even keeping all their talent next year. Both Patrick Queen and Justin Madubuike have played great, both drafted by Baltimore, and the Ravens probably can't afford to bring both of them back in 2024.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:13 PM 01-27-2024
I think the Chiefs will pivot this year and get Mahomes some weapons. Gotta keep him happy. This would be the "max savings and splurge on offense" mode.

Potentially...

-Jones walks, Chiefs save bigly
-Sneed walks, avoid a big contract there
-Reid cut, save roughly $10 mil
-MVS cut, obvious reasons.

Chiefs sign...

-Tee Higgins
-Gabe Davis

(Not sure if Gabe is the best fit here, I just went with it.)

That sounds pretty amazing really. But... I think we should keep Sneed.
[Reply]
-King- 02:46 PM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I think the Chiefs will pivot this year and get Mahomes some weapons. Gotta keep him happy. This would be the "max savings and splurge on offense" mode.

Potentially...

-Jones walks, Chiefs save bigly
-Sneed walks, avoid a big contract there
-Reid cut, save roughly $10 mil
-MVS cut, obvious reasons.

Chiefs sign...

-Tee Higgins
-Gabe Davis

(Not sure if Gabe is the best fit here, I just went with it.)

That sounds pretty amazing really. But... I think we should keep Sneed.
Yay, a receiver that has only played 65% of his games and an MVS clone!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:04 PM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Exactly.

Williams isn't going to have those numbers shadowing Hill. Heck, McDuffie will have to move up a step in the pecking order as well.

I think Sneed's ability to essentially do anything Spags needs him to do, up to and including locking down best WRs in the NFL, makes life a LOT easier for everyone else.
Exactly. Give Sneed a contract that has an out the year we have to pay McDuffie. Keep those two together for a few more years.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 18
« First < 51112131415 161718 >
Up