ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 22
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Juju (2024)
Dante84 06:55 AM 08-26-2024

Just in: The #Chiefs are signing WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, per @Schultz_Report. A reunion with Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes. pic.twitter.com/C7zL3cft0J

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) August 26, 2024

[Reply]
BWillie 12:44 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Where is chieffybugger.

We need to take our victory lap broski
I'll come with
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:56 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

See? Why keep Sky Moore when players much better than him are released.
Sterling Shepard is the guy I said I hoped Moore would develop into. He's a very similar type of player.

Except...he can actually play.

Here's hoping that the Chiefs realize that they can get this bum onto a practice squad (or better still, that he serves no purpose even THERE).
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:00 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
There are literally people IN THIS THREAD questioning the judgement of Burt and Andy.
Skyy....
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:13 PM 08-26-2024
I wonder if the NFL was/is slow-playing the Rice suspend/don't-suspend deal to put the Chiefs in an even tougher situation? Have the NFL at least explained what the hold-up is so they can decide?
[Reply]
Bowser 01:21 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Guess who put up 57 catches for 569 with that QB?
Sounds very Richie James-ish
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:28 PM 08-26-2024
The chiefs have known about rices status for months now and I’m guessing they know enough from the league that if something is looming, it won’t catch them by surprise. If they’re looking for a temp replacement they wouldn’t have waited this long. They picked juju up because he is crazy cheap, knows the system and is a really good fit for a specific role. I think people are reading too much into the rice thing and not looking at the absurd value we get out of this.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:32 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The chiefs have known about rices status for months now and I’m guessing they know enough from the league that if something is looming, it won’t catch them by surprise. If they’re looking for a temp replacement they wouldn’t have waited this long. They picked juju up because he is crazy cheap, knows the system and is a really good fit for a specific role. I think people are reading too much into the rice thing and not looking at the absurd value we get out of this.
I think Hollywood's absence in the Baltimore & Cincy games might be a factor. It does not hurt to have an extra guy who is familiar with the system and can help convert first downs in those games. Two of the hardest games of the season in the first two weeks, and one of your main guys is out with injury.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:34 PM 08-26-2024
I think a lot of people underestimate how easy it is to just "get open" in the NFL.

Juju makes it look easy, but as we saw, not every NFL WR can do it regularly.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:34 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Really don't care about the $$$. It's his health, and how much he has left in his knees. It's a red flag that NE would trade/release JuJu if he were anywhere close to what he was 2 seasons ago, considering the fact that they have a bad OL, a rookie HC, rookie QB and not a lot of veteran reliable options at WR. And we'll just never mind the fact that most of the time trying to double-dip on a player with chronic health issues rarely works out well.

But here we are, so I just hope he isn't a waste of roster space and that he's got enough left to help, or at least not hurt, the team.
Nah, New England is in a much different place. They need every down veterans and the back of the roster needs to be high upside guys. Juju is neither. He need his reps managed and he’s gonna be better served in a specific role. The patriots may not have elite WRs but their top 4 isn’t as bad as it looks. I like what juju brings to the chiefs in ways that don’t make sense at all for the patriots.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:34 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Skyy....
He's a 2nd round pick, teams don't like to give up on high picks, that's literally all it is.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:38 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I think Hollywood's absence in the Baltimore & Cincy games might be a factor. It does not hurt to have an extra guy who is familiar with the system and can help convert first downs in those games. Two of the hardest games of the season in the first two weeks, and one of your main guys is out with injury.
Possibly, but if so why not just get Mvs as a rental? Actually an even better insurance policy because the dude can stay healthy. I think a bigger factor is that neither remigio or skyy has shined and Watson is a known commodity who also has known limitations. This feels like more a statement about the bottom of our depth chart than it is about the availability of our top.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:54 PM 08-26-2024
Possibly, but if so why not just get Mvs as a rental?
Because he wouldn’t just cost the vet minimum and is under contract with the Bills?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:57 PM 08-26-2024
So the Chiefs haven't actually signed JuJu. I wonder if they'll sign him before or after the start of the new league year.
[Reply]
In58men 02:01 PM 08-26-2024
We have to be the most hated damn team.

Remember when everyone disliked Juju, now those same people are hating on Taylor. Now we welcome back Juju lol.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:02 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
So the Chiefs haven't actually signed JuJu. I wonder if they'll sign him before or after the start of the new league year.
Then why is he practicing
[Reply]
Page 15 of 22
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up