ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 36
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM Today
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:41 AM Today
I'd throw him a couple backshoulder or downfield balls this Sunday if nothing else. Give him chances for Mahomes to cement that trust. It's a necessity. 15 is gonna have to throw some balls up there, but this is the best WR he has ever had when it comes to catching those.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
This seems to be the case but do we have confirmation on if we don’t want to get rid of picks… period? Or do we just not want to get rid of picks for bandaids like dhop. Because it sounds like we were willing to give reasonable picks for Amari but just got outbid

Yeah I don’t believe any of those sorts of comments. There is no need for the team to be truthful.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Great news! Hopkins has always felt like a fit!

Pros
-He dominates those Rice slant routes, see above film from TEN, perfect replacement there!
-He was a downfield menace back in HOU coming down with deep 50-50 balls
-He’s familiar with M. Brown from his time in ARZ
-He’s no project, has some of the best hands in the league and he’s probably hungry for a SB
-He’s a proven pro, demands attention from the D, but won’t require WR 1 handling from our Chiefs
-He’s coming over for the perfect price, a 5th is nothing and what’s a 4th to us if we win the SB!?
-Hopefully he’s had some time to heal up from that preseason MCL issue
-Our 2025 WR core is stacked with talent: Hopkins, Rice, Brown, Worthy!!!

Negatives
-He could re-aggravate that MCL at any time and we’re down another stud WR
-I sure hope Kupp doesn’t end up in BAL now
Pretty good stuff but a couple of things:

1. His familiarity with Hollywood won't really come into play this year and...

2. Both Hopkins and Brown are signed through this year only.

3. Kupp going to the Ravens is of no concern. The Ravens offense is already great. It's their defense and playoff Lamar that will be their undoing
[Reply]
tooge 07:44 AM Today
Give him like 20 plays to learn that are geared towards 3rd and mid to long, and bring him in slowly. I like the signing. I'm not sure what is wrong with Niko Remiggio, but he looked good in two preseasons. I'd like to see him on the active roster rather than Moore. Get Juju back in 3 weeks, pacheco comes back too.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:44 AM Today
As long as this trade helps keep Moore riding the pine, it's a great trade!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
But how will he learn Andy's infamous playbook during such a short time span?
Dhop is an unusual case because he doesn’t really practice and he can do simple stuff exceptionally well. He can immediately make an impact on scramble drill and if he has even a little extra left in the tank on simple go routes and jump balls. Can make more of a quick impact than a wr who has to rely on structure.

I agree with what you’re saying that Reid should be more open to learning curve guys. But I think DHop has the unique ability to make immediate impact
[Reply]
penguinz 07:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
So much for nate taylors “under 30” comment.

I **** with this move. This is a one year rental for the threepeat.

Lets go get that ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The under 30 has to do with multi year contract players. Hopkins is just a 4 month rental.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:46 AM Today
He’s not going to run as sophisticated a route tree or make as many sight adjustments on Sunday as he will/would over time, but a slant is a slant. A 12-yard dig is a 12-yard dig. A 9 with a back shoulder option is a 9 with a back shoulder option.

And scramble drill is scramble drill.

They can get a smaller package of things he’s comfortable doing and roll with a limited snap count, and build on it over time. I’d guess he’s probably dialed up in some red zone and third-down packages. And hey, that’s impactful stuff.

The Chiefs haven’t had problems moving the ball. They’ve consistently done that.

And Hopkins would turn a couple of non-converted Smith-Schuster plays into TDs. He comes down with that end zone ball against the Ravens. He also does not bobble the slant into the Khalen Saunders INT against the Saints.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
:-) I'm sure they can figure out something for Hopkins to do.
Mahomes to Worthy and Hardman: You two have a race to see who can make it to the goal line first...make sure you take a DB with you...and draw the attention of the Safety....

Mahomes to Hopkins: There is probably going to be a big gap 15-20 yards downfield...find an open spot and watch for me to hit you in the numbers. After that...do what you normally do, find the end zone.

Mahomes to Kelce or Gray: You are my safety valve.....be aware

Mahomes to either Hunt or Perine: your job is to keep Maxx Crosby off my ***
[Reply]
2bikemike 07:50 AM Today
Don't know if it's been mentioned but, a gimpy D-Hop is > a healthy Sky Moore!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:51 AM Today
Sounds like they’re officially expecting Hollywood back. Ho Lee Fuck you to the league.

https://x.com/jamespalmertv/status/1...258483668?s=46
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:52 AM Today
WR

Hopkins
Worthy
Hardman

TE
Kelce
Gray

backups
Moore and who???

I like this.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 07:53 AM Today
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
Don't know if it's been mentioned but, a gimpy D-Hop is > a healthy Sky Moore!
Is he a better blocker than Moore?
[Reply]
staylor26 07:53 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Sounds like they’re officially expecting Hollywood back. Ho Lee Fuck you to the league.

https://x.com/jamespalmertv/status/1...258483668?s=46
Ehh I don't know if "there's a real chance" means quite the same thing as they're "expecting" him back, but great to hear nonetheless!
[Reply]
RunKC 07:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
This seems to be the case but do we have confirmation on if we don’t want to get rid of picks… period? Or do we just not want to get rid of picks for bandaids like dhop. Because it sounds like we were willing to give reasonable picks for Amari but just got outbid
Hopkins pretty much is the same move as Cooper but for a cheaper price.

Both guys are the same type of vet WR’s. Both had 1k seasons last year with poor QB play. Both having poor years this year….bc of poor QB play.

The Bills overpaid for Cooper. We paid the right price for Hopkins
[Reply]
Page 15 of 36
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up