ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 41
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown [needs surgery - going to IR]
Dante84 08:23 PM 08-10-2024

Hollywood Brown has the same injury that Tyreek Hill suffered in Jacksonville back in 2019, Andy Reid said. He’s at the hospital being checked out.

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) August 11, 2024

Story from the 2019 Tyreek injury: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...nt-dislocation

Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown, who suffered a dislocation of his sternoclavicular shoulder joint Saturday night, was discharged from a Jacksonville-area hospital this morning and now has been cleared to return to Kansas City.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 11, 2024

#Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to miss four to six weeks with the sternoclavicular injury he suffered, per multiple sources. Opening night is three weeks from this Thursday night.

KC opens up at home vs Baltimore and then Cincinnati. pic.twitter.com/0lUx5mDfUP

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) August 13, 2024

The latest:

Sources: The #Chiefs are placing WR Marquise "Hollywood" Brown on IR, and he will undergo surgery to repair his dislocated SC joint. After multiple imaging studies, it was determined that, although Hollywood felt better, his injury was not healing correctly. Without corrective… pic.twitter.com/xtRRMvmseq

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) September 13, 2024

[Reply]
O.city 02:27 PM 08-13-2024
I'd say we "can" beat those teams without him. But yeah they need him.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:30 PM 08-13-2024
I don't find that update to be much of an update. There isn't any new news there, I think its still very much wait and see how fast it heals at this point.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:35 PM 08-13-2024
We are fine. We won back to back without him.
[Reply]
PHOG 02:46 PM 08-13-2024
Wait, we have Mahomes? WBF

Edit: And of course Carson "Crocodile" Steele.
Originally Posted by :
Dude is like Bo Jackson combined with Barry Sanders with a dash of Christian Okoye

[Reply]
ThrobProng 03:00 PM 08-13-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Do we not?

Then why'd we sign him?

If we don't 'need' him to beat what is probably 2 of the 4 best teams we'll play all season, I'd say that suggests we didn't 'need' him at all.

It's a pretty substantial loss, fellas. Not unlike when Hardman hurt his heel, Toney messed up his leg and/or Kelce got injured the ****ing DAY before the season started. When you have an off-season of making plans around a cog you expect to be there and be heavily used, losing that guy is a big damn deal.

We built this offense around the traits he brought to the table and now they're just not gonna be there for arguably the 2 most important regular season games we have. It's not just about the production we'll lose, it's about how we've tried to re-make this offense in a way that incorporates what he does well.

And that's largely out the window for those games now.

We 'need' him as much as we need anyone note named Mahomes, Kelce, Jones or McDuffie in those 2 games. And we almost certainly won't have him.

That sucks.
Can he do anything Worthy can't? Other than getting injured while making a sandwich, of course.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:04 PM 08-13-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Can he do anything Worthy can't? Other than getting injured while making a sandwich, of course.
I think they intended for Worthy to draw deep coverage and for Hollywood to operate in the intermediate areas more.

So yeah. Worthy can't draw coverage AND operate in those areas, no.

I think the 11 personnel stuff with Hollywood, Brown and Worthy was going to be super exciting (and still will be, eventually) but I'm guessing we're gonna shelve that for now rather than try to run it with Watson, Toney, Hardman or Moore.

(though god help me, I'd give both Toney and Hardman a shot at it...)
[Reply]
ThrobProng 03:07 PM 08-13-2024
I think they intended for Worthy to draw deep coverage and for Hollywood to operate in the intermediate areas more.

So yeah. Worthy can't draw coverage AND operate in those areas, no.

I think the 11 personnel stuff with Hollywood, Brown and Worthy was going to be super exciting (and still will be, eventually) but I'm guessing we're gonna shelve that for now rather than try to run it with Watson, Toney, Hardman or Moore.

(though god help me, I'd give both Toney and Hardman a shot at it...)
Hardman, yes.

I wouldn't let Toney be the water boy.
[Reply]
Bump 03:21 PM 08-13-2024
he might miss a few games, not a huge deal.

we'll still be better off at WR then we were last year and my hope for Ross to be able to contribute a little is increasing again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:27 PM 08-13-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Hardman, yes.

I wouldn't let Toney be the water boy.
I still think we continue to mis-cast Toney as a Gadget/Y.

He's a Z. Maybe not a great one, but that's what he needs to be. Hit catch rates are good, his QB Rating when targeted is good. But when he fucks up its monumental because it's in the middle of the field and with very little ROI. There's just not much good that can happen when you throw him a drag route.

So stop doing that. Get him downfield. Have him running 'traditional' Z routes that are deeper down the field, in less traffic and/or along the sideline where a concentration drop or 'footsteps' bobble won't yield an int.

If it doesn't click here (and seems likely that it won't) I think he'll go to a mediocre squad and one of these years have some 800-1,000 yard season as a Z that gets 80% of the offensive snaps playing like an ordinary ol' outside WR.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:28 PM 08-13-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
he might miss a few games, not a huge deal.

we'll still be better off at WR then we were last year and my hope for Ross to be able to contribute a little is increasing again.
If Ross couldn't do shit last year with the worst WR corps of all time I dont know what he's gonna do this year with Brown and Worthy in the mix.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 03:40 PM 08-13-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
We are fine. We won back to back without him.
I see it the same way.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:40 PM 08-13-2024

He's a Z. Maybe not a great one, but that's what he needs to be. Hit catch rates are good, his QB Rating when targeted is good. But when he fucks up its monumental because it's in the middle of the field and with very little ROI. There's just not much good that can happen when you throw him a drag route.

So stop doing that. Get him downfield. Have him running 'traditional' Z routes that are deeper down the field, in less traffic and/or along the sideline where a concentration drop or 'footsteps' bobble won't yield an int.

If it doesn't click here (and seems likely that it won't) I think he'll go to a mediocre squad and one of these years have some 800-1,000 yard season as a Z that gets 80% of the offensive snaps playing like an ordinary ol' outside WR.
After his tipped pass for a pick in the season opener against Detroit last year I joked that he didn’t have time with that pass to adjust his gloves before making the catch.

That joke might have been more on point than I realized at the time.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:45 PM 08-13-2024
This'll be a way bigger deal if Goodell gets a boner for the Chiefs and gives Rashee Rice 3-4 games.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:48 PM 08-13-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
This'll be a way bigger deal if Goodell gets a boner for the Chiefs and gives Rashee Rice 3-4 games.
I feel like we should fucking know by now so we know how to plan our roster. One way or another.
[Reply]
VAChief 04:58 PM 08-13-2024

He's a Z. Maybe not a great one, but that's what he needs to be. Hit catch rates are good, his QB Rating when targeted is good. But when he ****s up its monumental because it's in the middle of the field and with very little ROI. There's just not much good that can happen when you throw him a drag route.

Not a bad idea, I think it has been hard for Andy to not salivate over getting him the ball in space. I thought maybe with the addition of Brown, it might force that move too.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 41
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up