ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 148 of 199
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:59 AM 10-31-2022
The best news here is that this whole discussion will be over in about 24 hours. Put this stupid shit to bed once and for all.
[Reply]
O.city 10:00 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Let's just keep trading and trading and trading. :-)
I mean, why not?

They probably should have done that with OBJ had they known his contract demands would be what they were.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:00 AM 10-31-2022
When a player gets traded, especially for multiple high picks, they suddenly want to get paid. I wonder why that is?
That's the other issue - Burns and his reps aren't stupid. They are gonna leverage the hell out of the draft value you gave up to get him and threaten to hold out.

He'll have the 4 years he needs to have to gain UFA status. Now it could potentially be an idle threat, but he COULD sit out through week 8, return in week 9 to 'honor' the 5th year option and then refuse to sign the franchise tender the following year.

And if you've given up that kind of capital for him, you're up shits creek - you've gotta get a deal done.

And again, the alternative just isn't much prettier. Play on the 5th and the tag and you're entering FA having just used up $36 million of cap space. If you're the Chiefs you may be better off just getting the LTC done, lowering that first year cap hit to $8 millionish, probably $20 millionish in year two and $28 million in year 3 before some outs.

The fact that it's a close question either way demonstrates how little value there actually is in that 5th year option and his franchise tag season.
[Reply]
O.city 10:07 AM 10-31-2022
I think he's a 15 sack guy here in this defense with the offense we have. I won't be convinced otherwise until I see it not happen. So move along.
[Reply]
-King- 10:14 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
But then you have to acknowledge that if we had kept Tyreek, we wouldn't have the new cast of WRs because we couldn't afford anyone else after paying Hill.
Yes we would. We would still also have Juju.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:15 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And it's also worth calling back to the "Franchise QB Wars".

Those of us who were shrieking for a next level QB weren't doing so because of the possibility that he would be Patrick Mahomes. Even the bullish among us didn't expect THIS.

What we were calling for was a guy who over large numbers was a little better than your top-end game manager types, but who in critical situations in the playoffs could pull the game from the fire.

Over 17 games a merely good QB can win you a lot of games. Can win you 12-13 or more. But in the post-season when you REALLY needed something to turn, you need that fire-breather than could steal a game for you. You need that Mahomes vs. the Texans explosion.

Right now we still don't know how this approach will work in the post-season. Will the story ultimately be that we have the WR room equivalent of a good game manager QB? When what we need is someone that can go out there and run wasp?

The post-season always has a couple of instances where you flat out need an ass-kicker at some key positions. QB and DL seem like obvious ones and we're good there. And boy, it sure seemed like having one at WR was pretty important for us when we were at our best.

And now we don't. We'll see if that comes back to bite us.
I realize he is not a WR, and he onbviously doesn’t have the speed to take the top off of a defense but, Kelce is always a threat to be a game changer in the receiving game. Mahomes and the new guys seem like they are starting to get into sync, as that continues to develop Kelce should be quite sufficient as the “X factor”. I’m just not concerned about where we are in that aspect of the game looking ahead to the post season.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:40 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:

However, the ultimate success of the offense comes down to the man throwing the ball, and if that man couldn't see the open receiver opposite of Tyreek because it became "Fuck it, Tyreek down there somewhere" then removing Tyreek from the roster makes the offense more functional as a whole.
Agreed. This is a much better way of wording it than I did.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:44 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
However, the ultimate success of the offense comes down to the man throwing the ball, and if that man couldn't see the open receiver opposite of Tyreek because it became "Fuck it, Tyreek down there somewhere" then removing Tyreek from the roster makes the offense more functional as a whole.
Aren't you better served teaching the triggerman than you are taking away his bullets?
[Reply]
-King- 11:00 AM 10-31-2022
When was Mahomes ignoring open receivers because "fuck it, Tyreek down there somewhere"?

Were Hardman and DeMarcus Robinson just getting open all the time and I missed it?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:57 AM 10-31-2022
In the end… I think both the chiefs and tyreek ended up getting what they wanted. But it’s a shame knowing that after a short time apart and knowing they’re made whole, they’d both benefit from reuniting. Wishful thinking as there’s no reasonable way that would ever happen.

What angers me way more is how much damn WR talent was wasted on moron teams who actually believed outstanding WRs could carry bad QBs. I can’t believe how much money and trade capital other teams pumped into this. That’s ultimately what screwed the chiefs the most. Why in the hell did the panthers and redskins feel the need to pay the moon for mclaurin and dj Moore. And then the skins draft Dotson… for Carson wentz? The lions seriously traded up for Jameson Williams? The chiefs could have had a plan B if all these drooling idiots weren’t screwing up the WR market.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:00 PM 10-31-2022
The best news here is that this whole discussion will be over in about 24 hours. Put this stupid shit to bed once and for all.
For a few months and then it will be we should trade for X player in the off season
[Reply]
tyecopeland 05:42 PM 11-03-2022
Most accurate QB

Has there ever been an offense with that many "receiver is wide open deep, has to work back towards an underthrown pass and still comes down with it" completions than this year's Dolphins? https://t.co/p7tKwfIUJC

— Timo Riske (@PFF_Moo) November 3, 2022

[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:53 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
When was Mahomes ignoring open receivers because "**** it, Tyreek down there somewhere"?

Were Hardman and DeMarcus Robinson just getting open all the time and I missed it?
Yes, apparently, you missed it.

Second half of the Bengals play-off game, backs wide open in the flat, other WR's open in intermediate areas, Mahomes holding the ball and forcing it to Hill.

That's not the only time, but it was the worst time. That whole stretch earlier in the year when we weren't playing well and got to 3-4 it was happening multiple times per game.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:41 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Aren't you better served teaching the triggerman than you are taking away his bullets?
Depends how itchy the trigger finger is and how willing he is to hang himself.

There were multiple times where it appeared to be a light bulb moment and he did it and there was no stopping the offense. Then he would go back into Tyler Bray mode and then the 2nd half of the Bengals game happened.

I would love to still have Tyreek. Like I said, no one can convince me we are a better team without him. But we still have the most explosive offense in the game and a large part of that is the triggermans willingness to involve more weapons in the passing game.
[Reply]
-King- 07:05 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yes, apparently, you missed it.

Second half of the Bengals play-off game, backs wide open in the flat, other WR's open in intermediate areas, Mahomes holding the ball and forcing it to Hill.

That's not the only time, but it was the worst time. That whole stretch earlier in the year when we weren't playing well and got to 3-4 it was happening multiple times per game.
Might want to check how many targets Hill got the 2nd half of that game. He got 4 total targets. 2 of them went for first downs. Mahomes wasn't forcing shit to him or ignoring others for him.

That 2nd half Mahomes was ignoring Hill and Kelce when they were wide open. He was all out of sorts.
[Reply]
Page 148 of 199
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198 > Last »
Up