ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 199
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 09:34 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Now you're a pariah. :-)

As for throwing shit at the wall, you have to have shit to throw in the first place. Can't do that if you trade away all your assets for a 2nd tier player.
It's a first rounder and a 2nd. I just don't believe the 2 1's talk.

It's not liek they have no other picks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Not wrong for some people.

For me, I've been a Brian Burns fan since that draft, I think he'd be in that class here. But I'm on this island alone, after being marooned via mutiny. But I also look at it from the standpoint that as a pair, I think Burns and Karlaftis would be pretty much the perfect match of styles.

Then you just keep throwing shit at the wall there and see what happens.
Your crew recognized a stronger leader and understood that you'd have had their asses eating poisonous berries and drinking seawater by the end of the week...
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:37 AM 10-31-2022

He's not worth a first and a second. That's too much.
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Your crew recognized a stronger leader and understood that you'd have had their asses eating poisonous berries and drinking seawater by the end of the week...

via GIPHY

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:38 AM 10-31-2022

A 1st and a 2nd now?

So you really are essentially willing to trade Hill for Burns and call that a good move?

I just cannot get there at all.

Burns, in a better situation, is Marcus Davenport, IMO. That's a really nice player and a good guy to have.

It's NOT a guy you gut your draft and then give a giant contract to.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:40 AM 10-31-2022

via GIPHY

[Reply]
O.city 09:43 AM 10-31-2022
A 1st and a 2nd now?

So you really are essentially willing to trade Hill for Burns and call that a good move?

I just cannot get there at all.

Burns, in a better situation, is Marcus Davenport, IMO. That's a really nice player and a good guy to have.

It's NOT a guy you gut your draft and then give a giant contract to.
I think a 1 would get it done, but just using the 2 as an example.

Verderame talked about it in an article today, about the Toney trade. The Chiefs had 12 picks but didn't believe they'd have that many open roster spots so they were ok moving for him.

Woudln't the same qualify here?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:44 AM 10-31-2022

Verderame talked about it in an article today, about the Toney trade. The Chiefs had 12 picks but didn't believe they'd have that many open roster spots so they were ok moving for him.

3rd round comp pick does not in any way come close to a 1st round pick and more.

You're getting a 2nd-tier player for a 1st-tier price tag.

That would be an awful trade.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:49 AM 10-31-2022

They wouldn't have given up a 3rd without 2+ years of cheap play still to come.

The Toney deal, if anything, demonstrates how the Chiefs aren't just looking at this year in how they use their capital (surplus or otherwise).
[Reply]
O.city 09:52 AM 10-31-2022
They wouldn't have given up a 3rd without 2+ years of cheap play still to come.

The Toney deal, if anything, demonstrates how the Chiefs aren't just looking at this year in how they use their capital (surplus or otherwise).
Couldn't you trade for a pass rusher (dealers choice) and not immediately pay him though?

I mean, take Burns for example. You'd have the 5th year option and a tag year.

So 2.5 years of not cheap play by any means, but you aren't tied in to anything.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:55 AM 10-31-2022
Couldn't you trade for a pass rusher (dealers choice) and not immediately pay him though?

So 2.5 years of not cheap play by any means, but you aren't tied in to anything.
Those 2 years will cost, what, $36 million in cap space? Vs like $3 million for Toney.

The 5th year option and the tag for Burns are essentially cap neutral vs. what a LTC would be for the first two years. You ARE immediately paying him.

There's just very little surplus value there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:56 AM 10-31-2022

When a player gets traded, especially for multiple high picks, they suddenly want to get paid. I wonder why that is?
[Reply]
O.city 09:57 AM 10-31-2022
Those 2 years will cost, what, $36 million in cap space? Vs like $3 million for Toney.

The 5th year option and the tag for Burns are essentially cap neutral vs. what a LTC would be for the first two years. You ARE immediately paying him.

There's just very little surplus value there.
Sure, but you could theoretically tag and trade said player after that if you wanted and recoup some value.
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
When a player gets traded, especially for multiple high picks, they suddenly want to get paid. I wonder why that is?
Usually they do, but the team does have the control here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:58 AM 10-31-2022
Sure, but you could theoretically tag and trade said player after that if you wanted and recoup some value.
Let's just keep trading and trading and trading. :-)
[Reply]
Page 147 of 199
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197 > Last »
Up