ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 186
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:19 AM 12-25-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Before that 2 then 6 sacks, so yeah collectively he's had better run with the 4-3 if you want to split hairs

So Karlaftis is going to possibly be a future HOFer? He's had one legit good game, that wasn't absolutely influenced by the return of Mcduffie.
So much LOL.

You’re literally talking about CJ at the beginning of his career progressing upward and making it seem like it was a scheme thing rather than experience in his first couple seasons where he had 2 and 6.5 sacks respectively. It’s okay - you can admit that you had no clue he had that productive of a season under the old scheme.

Second, where did I say anything about Karlaftis as a future HOFer? What words are you attempting to put into my mouth or is this how you deflect when your arguments are weak?

Third, talk about a weak argument… confusing correlation with causation and really thinking it’s the presence of McDuffie that has led to this uptick in sacks. McDuffie’s first 3 games back Karlaftis had 0 sacks. Much more likely it’s a function of gaining more experience than some natural advantage McDuffie has provided.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:09 AM 12-25-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
So much LOL.

You’re literally talking about CJ at the beginning of his career progressing upward and making it seem like it was a scheme thing rather than experience in his first couple seasons where he had 2 and 6.5 sacks respectively. It’s okay - you can admit that you had no clue he had that productive of a season under the old scheme.

Second, where did I say anything about Karlaftis as a future HOFer? What words are you attempting to put into my mouth or is this how you deflect when your arguments are weak?

Third, talk about a weak argument… confusing correlation with causation and really thinking it’s the presence of McDuffie that has led to this uptick in sacks. McDuffie’s first 3 games back Karlaftis had 0 sacks. Much more likely it’s a function of gaining more experience than some natural advantage McDuffie has provided.
Do you believe Chris Jones could be HOFer, because after the Pestilence comment you jumped in with your interjection that his career trajectory will be the same as Jones ascension.being elite using that as a Red Herring .

Mcduffie's return coming back from injury shaking off the rust was the catalyst. The QB's were holding on the ball longer thus Karlaftis had his coverage sacks against Burrow, Wilson, disappeared in the Texans game which some were predicted a 2+ sack game, and dominated the Seattle game on his own steam. George missed tackles are very high in general hence pressures are the "new hidden TDs" jab.

He had a good game against Seattle I won't take that from him, but it's foolish not to believe McDuffie's help Karlaftis prior to the Seahawks game.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:11 AM 12-25-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
So much LOL.

Do you believe Chris Jones could be HOFer, because after the BigCatDaddy comment you jumped in with your interjection that his career trajectory will be the same as Jones ascension.being elite using that as a Red Herring .

Mcduffie's return coming back from injury shaking off the rust was the catalyst. The QB's were holding on the ball longer thus Karlaftis had his coverage sacks against Burrow, Wilson, disappeared in the Texans game which some were predicted a 2+ sack game, and dominated the Seattle game on his own steam. George missed tackles are very high in general hence pressures are the "new hidden TDs" jab.

He had a good game against Seattle I won't take that from him, but it's foolish not to believe McDuffie's help Karlaftis prior to the Seahawks game.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:18 AM 12-25-2022
Do you believe Chris Jones could be HOFer, because after the BigCatDaddy comment you jumped in with your interjection that his career trajectory will be the same as Jones ascension.being elite using that as a Red Herring .

THIS JUST IN: Having good teammates often helps a player make plays! Shocking discovery!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:22 AM 12-25-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
THIS JUST IN: Having good teammates often helps a player make plays! Shocking discovery!
No joke, I gave Karlaftis a compliment but now it seems we should be polishing his Canton bust instead.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:26 AM 12-25-2022
I'm pretty happy with what we've gotten out of George in his rookie year! He definitely brings the pressure and will only get better.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:31 AM 12-25-2022
No joke, I gave Karlaftis a compliment but now it seems we should be polishing his Canton bust instead.
I think he becomes a solid 8-10 sack a year starter fory ears to come. Do you disagree and think that's a good pick late in the first if that's what he becomes?
[Reply]
-King- 09:31 AM 12-25-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I'm pretty happy with what we've gotten out of George in his rookie year! He definitely brings the pressure and will only get better.
He has definitely turned it up lately on the pass rush. And when he can't get to the QB, he's pretty good at getting his hands up.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:32 AM 12-25-2022
Except it’s a backhanded compliment. The kid has been improving every week. Despite the facts showing such you are still saying that he is playing in peaks and valleys or crediting his success to McDuffie’s return. No one here is saying he is a HOF player, but you are being overly critical for no reason more than you never wanted him here.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:33 AM 12-25-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
He has definitely turned it up lately on the pass rush. And when he can't get to the QB, he's pretty good at getting his hands up.
It's that water polo background. It comes in handy.

Get it? HANDY.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:41 AM 12-25-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Except it’s a backhanded compliment. The kid has been improving every week. Despite the facts showing such you are still saying that he is playing in peaks and valleys or crediting his success to McDuffie’s return. No one here is saying he is a HOF player, but you are being overly critical for no reason more than you never wanted him here.
I want him to prove me wrong but if you have to look hard for improvement then it isn't enough because after the 4th game that's when I got critical.

I'll give people their due, but if it's strawman stuff trying to find improvement then it's BS. I want to he wrong without any wriggle room. Nick Bolton proved me wrong, OBJ well that discussion is still ongoing
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:41 AM 12-25-2022
I like George.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:53 AM 12-25-2022
we should be polishing his Canton bust
I also agree with this!
[Reply]
tredadda 10:12 AM 12-25-2022
I want him to prove me wrong but if you have to look hard for improvement then it isn't enough because after the 4th game that's when I got critical.

I'll give people their due, but if it's strawman stuff trying to find improvement then it's BS. I want to he wrong without any wriggle room. Nick Bolton proved me wrong, OBJ well that discussion is still ongoing
Except he has a sack in 4 of the last 5 games plus he leads all rookie DEs in deflected passes. He has 4.5 sacks on the year so far and was literally a step away from a Safety in the SF game. This isn’t hunting for obscure stats. He was drafted late in the first, not #1 or #2 overall. Based off his draft position he has performed well. Also he isn’t a player who started hot and fell off. He has gotten better as the season has worn on and that is exactly what you want from your rookie DE.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:16 AM 12-25-2022
And amongst all rookies 3rd in sacks.
[Reply]
Page 143 of 186
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153 > Last »
Up