ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 268
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:10 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Leia used some unknown never before seen power at a very old age with assumingly no training what so ever.

it's a bit different don't you think ?
That wasn't an unknown power.

It was force pull.

You also "assume" she had no training. It's a bit foolish to assume that she had zero training in the 30 years since ROTJ.
[Reply]
manchambo 09:13 PM 12-17-2017
Leia used some unknown never before seen power at a very old age with assumingly no training what so ever.

Not a physics aficionado, eh?
[Reply]
oaklandhater 09:40 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That wasn't an unknown power.

It was force pull.

You also "assume" she had no training. It's a bit foolish to assume that she had zero training in the 30 years since ROTJ.
We can only assume since Rian gave us no back story what so ever.

and even if she did use force pull or whatever where did she learn to use some fucking bubble/shield technique ?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:42 PM 12-17-2017
We can only assume since Rian gave us no back story what so ever.

and even if she did use force pull or whatever where did she learn to use some fucking bubble/shield technique ?
At no point did she need to use a bubble or a shield.

As has been stated...humans can survive in space for a short amount of time.

You trying way too hard to explain the minutiae of a Star Wars scene.

It's space fantasy. Not hard sci-fi.

Please chill and enjoy the fantastical nature of the universe.
[Reply]
temper11 09:44 PM 12-17-2017
Skywalkers being naturally talented in the force.

See Luke and Anakin.
But if you can accept anakin, with no prior lineage, why not rey?

And if you believe this, then why have problems with leia using the force to save herself?
[Reply]
temper11 09:46 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by manchambo:
You keep trying to dodge the point, but to remind you, your complaint was that Leia used the force to return to the ship, you claimed without any training.

Your rejoinder to the fact that Luke did something similar without training? Bloodline--brilliant considering that they're twins.

And now, after it's pointed out that two of the most powerful jedis didn't share that bloodline, you go back to training. Though, of course, I never saw a training montage for Yoda or Windu.
Mic drop
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 09:46 PM 12-17-2017
Not a physics aficionado, eh?
Eh, what? I'm loathe to defend Claynus here.

Physics-wise, there was nothing wrong with the Leia scene. Additionally, there was nothing wrong within the force mythology with what Leia did. Fact - you CAN survive in a vacuum for up for 2 or 3 minutes as long as you expel air from your lungs. Getting blasted by a cannon is going to naturally do that.

However, I do agree that they the way they visualized it could have been much better. It looked very Mary Poppin-ish or Superman-ish.

Now if you want to talk a scene that will make a physicist go "Wut", lets talk about the ships tumbling end-over-end after running out of fuel. That was really bad.
[Reply]
temper11 09:47 PM 12-17-2017

Force push is never before used power? Wut?
[Reply]
manchambo 09:50 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:

Physics-wise, there was nothing wrong with the Leia scene. Additionally, there was nothing wrong within the force mythology with what Leia did. Fact - you CAN survive in a vacuum for up for 2 or 3 minutes as long as you expel air from your lungs. Getting blasted by a cannon is going to naturally do that.

However, I do agree that they the way they visualized it could have been much better. It looked very Mary Poppin-ish or Superman-ish.

Now if you want to talk a scene that will make a physicist go "Wut", lets talk about the ships tumbling end-over-end after running out of fuel. That was really bad.
Uh, I think you need to re read what you're responding to.
[Reply]
temper11 09:54 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:

Or bombs dropping from a bomber in a zero gravity environment. I am allowing myself to believe the rebels were creative with magnets to get away with that one.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 09:57 PM 12-17-2017
Uh, I think you need to re read what you're responding to.
sorry if I misunderstood your sarcasm. My bad.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 09:59 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by temper11:
Or bombs dropping from a bomber in a zero gravity environment. I am allowing myself to believe the rebels were creative with magnets to get away with that one.
I didn't even think about that. Lets not get into the fact that a object with mass going as fast as light would probably destroy the entire universe. Another reason to hate the hyperspace-kamikaze
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:06 PM 12-17-2017
Well that ship would have a gravitational pull so the bombs would drop to it
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:08 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by temper11:
:-)

All good reasons why you shouldn't try to apply this level of minutiae to the science of Star Wars.

It doesn't exist within our laws of physics and never has.
[Reply]
temper11 10:10 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Well that ship would have a gravitational pull so the bombs would drop to it
I like this too.
[Reply]
Page 143 of 268
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243 > Last »
Up