ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 142 of 152
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:11 AM Today
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
And for the people freaking out that Veach didn't do enough, you're living in a Madden reality. The Chiefs are down WR1 and WR2, and the vet they signed to give them insurance for WR1's role missed yesterday with an injury. They're also down RB1. And they're 6-0 despite it.

You can't plan in the preseason to cover all of that. No way, no how. Yes, it hurts like a bitch that Skyy Moore is so, so bad and it would be nice to have that insurance. But if he wasn't a bust, they probably aren't signing Brown in the first place.
This is correct.

If we somehow had the depth at WR to cover for these injuries, then we would absolutely suck somewhere else. Any team only has so many resources to work with. If you overload at one position, it comes at the expense of another.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The Chiefs have a NEED at WR, but not a desperate one. So yeah, I would say there is a NEED, but it is not a desperate need that you fill no matter the price. Measured approach seems best.
Do you think that the Chiefs can three peat with their current WR depth chart?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Yes.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:34 AM Today
"Frustrated, but I can't play every position on the field and make every play," Johnson told reporters, via The Athletic. "Everybody's got to do their job when it comes down to it. Yeah, it's tough, but I just tell myself to keep going regardless.” - D Johnson
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:36 AM Today
Can? Yes. Assuming Smith-Schuster is back for the playoffs, a 1-2 WR group of Smith-Schuster and Worthy is better than Rice and Valdes-Scantling.

It's harder than ideal and the odds would be better with an improved WR room.

I also expect they will get Marqise Brown back for the playoffs, since all indications are that he should be available/recovered. He had a full training camp so one would hope - and have reasonable reason to believe - he can get up to speed quickly when he's healthy. His timing will need some time to adjust/ramp up, but as long as you can get him into practice and some December games, they have time for it.

The whole operation becomes easier with a trade that adds a competant guy to the room, and it gives you insurance in case Brown is not able to contribute down the stretch.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:36 AM Today
Chiefs have 5 games against Raiders, Broncos and Panthers...these "should" be games they win with the current roster...even if Ju-Ju were out. They could likely win them with Wentz.

Chiefs beat the Chargers without Rice/Hunt.

That hypothetically puts them at 12 wins...at 6-0 they are essentially a lock for the post-season.

It comes down to how Brown is healing...and if HFA is worth binging in another WR.

I'm not sure how fast a new WR would acclimate to Reid's system.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:37 AM Today
I don't care who they sign as long as they aren't complete ass. Without JuJu all we have is Worthy, Watson, Hardman, and Skyy. That isn't just bad, that is putrid and will cost us a game at some point.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:40 AM Today
Yes as long as no more crazy injuries occur. They did last year and the AFc looks worse this year
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:41 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yes as long as no more crazy injuries occur. They did last year and the AFc looks worse this year
That win over the Ravens was huge.

Lose that one and our path to the 1 seed is much harder. They’d have 1 loss and the tie breaker.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:42 AM Today
I also think the Ravens roll the Raiders if they beat us
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 10:42 AM Today
Has Dionte been spotted in Best Buy yet??
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:45 AM Today
Originally Posted by Iconic:
I don't care who they sign as long as they aren't complete ass. Without JuJu all we have is Worthy, Watson, Hardman, and Skyy. That isn't just bad, that is putrid and will cost us a game at some point.
They just beat the 49ers on the road with that line up....granted they were banged up too.

Mahomes/Reid/Spags are the equalizers...plus a top 5 defense.

I'd go the MVS route if he's willing to come back...
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:52 AM Today
People are forgetting how bad MVS was. It’s not just that he drops passes, but he actively hurt the team running wrong routes or just being someone the defense didn’t respect as a deep threat at all. He had so little impact that his presence was a detriment more than not.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Chiefs have 5 games against Raiders, Broncos and Panthers...these "should" be games they win with the current roster...even if Ju-Ju were out. They could likely win them with Wentz.

Chiefs beat the Chargers without Rice/Hunt.

That hypothetically puts them at 12 wins...at 6-0 they are essentially a lock for the post-season.

It comes down to how Brown is healing...and if HFA is worth binging in another WR.

I'm not sure how fast a new WR would acclimate to Reid's system.
It absolutely does, especially for this team. The additional week of rest for a team already battling injuries and has played a ton of playoff games already can’t be overstated. Playing at home will be nice, but not as nice as the bye.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:58 AM Today
33 snaps. Idk what else needs to tell you that we need to trade for a WR

#Chiefs snap counts vs the 49ers pic.twitter.com/7AyGsQxkuF

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) October 21, 2024

[Reply]
Page 142 of 152
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146 > Last »
Up