ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 142 of 146
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Missing Planeteers
Buck 09:51 PM 06-09-2016
Who are some CPers that you miss that aren't confirmed dead, but probably are?

The obvious ones are FAX, Skip Towne, and Mr Blond.

Who else?
[Reply]
Smed1065 08:18 PM 09-11-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
Is he alive?
I imagine so but no PM in months so who knows.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:20 PM 09-11-2024
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Hamas and I never really clicked, but he was an absolute heavy presence around here back in the day... one of the Four Horsemen IIRC

Recall him battling cancer recently, and I'm seriously glad to still see him around here and there... dear Lord its fascinating to see how this board - and its people - have changed over the years

We're getting old around here, folks... hate to say it, but yeah
For sure a 4 horseman.
[Reply]
srvy 10:17 PM 09-11-2024
A horses ass especially in the covid thread
[Reply]
srvy 10:28 PM 09-11-2024
I miss SR myself but this place has changed a lot. New generations here that didn't get him.

SR threads used to get a lot of responses. When he came back after an extended absence his posts got crickets the youngsters here don't get him.

The old guard is dying out the young ones will determine if CP sinks or swims. The Chiefs turning into a dynasty helps but when it ends could be the CP's death nail.
[Reply]
Katipan 11:55 PM 09-11-2024
He stopped drinking.
Fucking enablers.
[Reply]
George Liquor 01:03 AM 09-12-2024
Say John Mozeliak 3 times in your mirror and Hamas will appear.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:06 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
I miss SR myself but this place has changed a lot. New generations here that didn't get him.

SR threads used to get a lot of responses. When he came back after an extended absence his posts got crickets the youngsters here don't get him.

The old guard is dying out the young ones will determine if CP sinks or swims. The Chiefs turning into a dynasty helps but when it ends could be the CP's death nail.
I would say that many of us who would be considered "old guard" are still around, we just probably do not post as often as the younger guard.

We unfortunately have lost, either by death/poor health or normal attrition, a lot of the Planeteers that have been here from the start. It will be interesting to see what this place is like in 10 years, which I think will be when Mahomes is starting to think about retirement.
[Reply]
scho63 08:53 AM 09-12-2024

Excellent post!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:09 AM 09-12-2024

CP has outlived most chat-boards already.

It's already something of a dinosaur.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:14 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
CP has outlived most chat-boards already.

It's already something of a dinosaur.
A last of a dying breed, some might say.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:39 AM 09-12-2024

I'd guess that 90% of posters still here have been around for at least a decade. I'm curious what "new generation" posters you're thinking of.
[Reply]
wazu 10:49 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'd guess that 90% of posters still here have been around for at least a decade. I'm curious what "new generation" posters you're thinking of.
My thinking as well. I would guess the median age of regular CP posters is probably 53 or so at this point. That number will increase until the board is dead. And when it's all said and done this board will have been an awesome online community for many decades. Time moves on, though.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:13 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Definitely had my ups and downs with him, but Dane just abruptly up and quitting still blows my mind... and to his credit there was no long goodbye screed
I left for a year over Hootie coming back with no intention of coming back. No goodbye post.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:14 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by :
Feel the same about Hamas, although he clearly still lurks around but carefully chooses what he responds to
Originally Posted by George Liquor:
Say John Mozeliak 3 times in your mirror and Hamas will appear.
True! :-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:18 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Ditto. New, young posters aren't signing up would be my guess. Why would they when they have twitter and IG and Reddit and so forth. That shit didn't exist back when i joined CP.

Im guessing im part of the "younger" demo here and im fucking 39 y/o lol.
[Reply]
Page 142 of 146
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146 >
Up