ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 141 of 326
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151191241 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:12 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It's happening with the Chargers, again. Seeing a lot of "Michael Lombardi was the problem" buzz.

And yeah, Lombardi hyper focuses on the short pass game. But the idea for some seems to be that he wasn't good, at all.

I suspect the Chargers will end up throwing more deep shots (and being more explosive, potentially, as a result), but that some aspects of their short passing game that have been positives (consistency, moving the chains, gaining a lot of positive yardage) may step back... and they end up roughly the same.

The question could also be asked... does a more explosive, less consistent offense (that isn't as good at methodical, clock-chewing drives) mesh well with Brandon Staley?
Its not their scheme, coach or Herbert's fault. Mahomes is a unicorn. If he was on the Bears, they'd be contending by now.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:20 AM 06-09-2023
It's happening with the Chargers, again. Seeing a lot of "Michael Lombardi was the problem" buzz.

And yeah, Lombardi hyper focuses on the short pass game. But the idea for some seems to be that he wasn't good, at all.

I suspect the Chargers will end up throwing more deep shots (and being more explosive, potentially, as a result), but that some aspects of their short passing game that have been positives (consistency, moving the chains, gaining a lot of positive yardage) may step back... and they end up roughly the same.

The question could also be asked... does a more explosive, less consistent offense (that isn't as good at methodical, clock-chewing drives) mesh well with Brandon Staley?
If your QB is good your team can do both effectively, see.Mahomes, Patrick
[Reply]
staylor26 08:23 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Its not their scheme, coach or Herbert's fault. Mahomes is a unicorn. If he was on the Bears, they'd be contending by now.
:-)

The Chiefs have little to do with the Chargers laughable failures. Having another great team in the divison doesn't excuse shit like the Jags playoff game.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:26 AM 06-09-2023

Interesting.... I'm not at all in depth into their scheme, but for whatever reason don't see them as a short pass team. That could just be given their strategy against the Chiefs or bias towards when they're behind in games.

Whatever keeps Staley there longer though, he's an idiot.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:52 AM 06-09-2023
Imagine telling people you want a ring not $ then signing with NE to play with Mac Jones over Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:05 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Interesting.... I'm not at all in depth into their scheme, but for whatever reason don't see them as a short pass team. That could just be given their strategy against the Chiefs or bias towards when they're behind in games.

Whatever keeps Staley there longer though, he's an idiot.
Yeah, I don't think of them that way, either. But there are several national guys who have complained about that scheme not taking advantage of Herbert's abilities. So we'll see.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:07 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Imagine telling people you want a ring not $ then signing with NE to play with Mac Jones over Patrick Mahomes.
Yeah, it's pretty obvious he's just chasing the money. I don't blame him though. These guys have a very limited time to make as much as they can, but don't claim that you want to go to a contender to chase a ring
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:08 AM 06-09-2023
Yeah, I don't think of them that way, either. But there are several national guys who have complained about that scheme not taking advantage of Herbert's abilities. So we'll see.
League circles say...
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:10 AM 06-09-2023
Become a gog in a dynasty wheel or get paid and be the team's big deal. Egos prevail
[Reply]
O.city 09:13 AM 06-09-2023
He's going to go where he gets the most $ guys.

Was always going to be the case.
[Reply]
In58men 09:40 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
He's going to go where he gets the most $ guys.

Was always going to be the case.
Exactly, JJ Watt also said he wanted to play for a Super Bowl contender. He went to Arizona :-)

https://twitter.com/erjmanlasvegas/s...kwVVahNBMPqdzA
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:28 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I'm not sure what you're trying to excuse from the Chargers by sighting Mahomes greatness but a LOT of the Chargers problems are a result of the scheme and coach.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:38 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by thabear04:
Lol. So he gonna go play for Billy O' Brian eh?

Pats are the worst team in that division and have no shot at the playoffs.

Dude was, is and will always be about the $$$$.

When he was doing his podcast tours, someone shoulda asked him, "Would you rather play with Mahomes for $5m, or Mac Jones for $10M"

That's the real question that shoulda been asked.
[Reply]
Balto 11:23 AM 06-09-2023
Meh I don't know, I'm guessing he does want to sign with a contender BUT why not go visit some teams that are willing to pay you what you want FIRST before deciding? Might end up really liking the teams atmosphere and worst case he takes a look at all his options and maybe with taking a visit with non contending teams he gets more money from us or another contender.

Makes sense to me /shrug
[Reply]
Mecca 11:25 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Lol. So he gonna go play for Billy O' Brian eh?

Pats are the worst team in that division and have no shot at the playoffs.

Dude was, is and will always be about the $$$$.

When he was doing his podcast tours, someone shoulda asked him, "Would you rather play with Mahomes for $5m, or Mac Jones for $10M"

That's the real question that shoulda been asked.

“You know I do my job man.”

The mutual respect between Bill Belichick and DeAndre Hopkins was on full display in Arizona last season. pic.twitter.com/sDnYwcGUFK

— Mike Kadlick (@mikekadlick) June 9, 2023

This is why, Belichick loves the guy.
[Reply]
Page 141 of 326
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151191241 > Last »
Up