ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 141 of 149
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:54 AM Today
The JuJu hammy sealed the deal, they don’t have a choice. It’s a numbers issue at this point.

Go get Diontae while you’re at 6-0. Big double birds to the league.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 08:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The JuJu hammy sealed the deal, they don’t have a choice. It’s a numbers issue at this point.

Go get Diontae while you’re at 6-0. Big double birds to the league.
Got to do something, keep riding Kareem 20 plus touches with the contact he’s taking he’s going to wear down or get hurt. Then what?
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM Today
Hopkins would probably cost a late round pick at this point. Woudln't hate it, just don't think it's the move to be made.

Johnson makes more sense to me.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 08:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hopkins would probably cost a late round pick at this point. Woudln't hate it, just don't think it's the move to be made.

Johnson makes more sense to me.
Unfortunately, Hopkins isn’t what they need.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:59 AM Today
Just get a package of Thielen and Johnson to be safe.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:02 AM Today
We should probably trade for somebody lol.

Man, worst fears come to life. The only thing stopping this team from a threepeat was injuries, and here we are.
[Reply]
Shields68 09:02 AM Today
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
Got to do something, keep riding Kareem 20 plus touches with the contact he’s taking he’s going to wear down or get hurt. Then what?
Isiah will be back soon. Him and Hunt would make a nice 1-2. But yes a Wr. is needed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:06 AM Today
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
I'm sure Veach will (has already) tried to make a move.
Its been publicly reported he called the Raiders about Adams and they weren't interested in trading within the division.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:09 AM Today
Johnson makes the most sense.

Give them a mid round pick and get a 1 year extension done.

He’s not re-signing with the Panthers anyway. Give him a chance to help this year and be a bigger piece next year.

Then, he can go get big money. We also don’t have to give away the pick for a half season rental.
[Reply]
Woogieman 09:11 AM Today
Even with the prospects of a late round compensation, Hopkins should be at the bottom of the list...you just can't bring in someone wath bad knees when you are replacing other guys due to injuries. Gotta bring in healthier players, even if it costs you more.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:30 AM Today
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
This is a really accurate take.

The Chiefs have a NEED at WR, but not a desperate one. If there is a move there that makes sense, that they like, they will make it. If the only option is one that is a significant over pay, they will look for other options.

Hitting that deep shot to Worthy is something that makes a big difference yesterday. For one thing, it flips a frustrating INT (that again was not Mahomes' fault) to a TD instead. It pushes Mahomes comfortably over 200 yards. And it probably breaks the 49ers' backs. KC needs to keep taking those shots - I think it will - and it needs to hit some of them.

Diontae Johnson is fit 1A. For sure. But DeAndre Hopkins and Jerry Jeudy and Darius Slayton are on teams that are going nowhere and could be options as well. DeMarcus Robinson, even.

They'll work it. I think they can and will find SOMETHING.

Diontae Johnson is still the fit that makes everything go for this offense, if they can get him from Carolina and at a price that works (I would not go higher than the 3rd KC got for Sneed), that's something that puts the offense close to what I think they thought it could be (with him filling the role intended for Hollywood Brown initially, Smith-Schuster and Gray plugging the big slot role Rice was filling (less explosively, but capably) and the team hoping to get Brown on the field in December.

KC can make Johnson fit under the cap, and I think it can do it without doing something desperate with Jawaan Taylor. Shoot, we're talking about clearing about $4M for the rest of the season's cap. You can get that from bonusing out some of Mahomes' base salary.

You also could make an attempt to get Johnson under contract moving forward. With Rice's injury and suspension uncertainty, and Kelce's age, giving Johnson a nice 3-year deal that is really a 2-year extension to this year would create a lot of insurance for those situations.

And for the people freaking out that Veach didn't do enough, you're living in a Madden reality. The Chiefs are down WR1 and WR2, and the vet they signed to give them insurance for WR1's role missed yesterday with an injury. They're also down RB1. And they're 6-0 despite it.

You can't plan in the preseason to cover all of that. No way, no how. Yes, it hurts like a bitch that Skyy Moore is so, so bad and it would be nice to have that insurance. But if he wasn't a bust, they probably aren't signing Brown in the first place.

Reinforcements are coming back (Pacheco, Omenihu, maybe Brown in December). KC is also in a part of its schedule where it has 4 games out of 6 that it SHOULD be able to win by leaning on the defense, running game, selective Mahomes brilliance, and Andy Reid wizardry.

Honestly, there are only 4 games left on the schedule (Tampa, @Buffalo, Houston, @ Pittsburgh) where that type of boring, conservative effort doesn't feel like enough.

So yeah, I would say there is a NEED, but it is not a desperate need that you fill no matter the price. Measured approach seems best.
Yeah we are not desperate. But I disagree that we can be kind of meh about how we need it but we can survive without it. We are making this a lot harder on ourselves if we don’t. Is it the end of the world? No. Does it mean you throw first round picks and mega dollars? No. Should we be aggressive? Yes.

Worthy opening the offense helps. But we have the same problem we had last year before rice emerged which is how you spread targets. We need some kind of a high target guy. Juju helps but we don’t know if he can do that kind of thing consistently let alone healthily. I’d love to believe we can keep doing this by just using the hell out of our RBs and TEs but we all know there will be games especially in big moments where we need to open up the bag by using our WRs. And not just big plays or role players stepping up to their role or a different role guy stepping up each week. We need consistent targets.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mescalito345:
Why not trade a first-round pick, plus a #2, and a #3?
:-)

You can absolutely think it's a good idea to trade for another weapon (because it is), but what you just posted is fucking moronic.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:43 AM Today
Jerry Jeudy was got for a 5th and 6th round pick b6 the Browns. Does his contract work for KC?

I keep saying it but Jalin Hyatt makes the most sense to me. Once again zero targets yesterday and Jones got benched.
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:00 AM Today
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Jerry Jeudy was got for a 5th and 6th round pick b6 the Browns. Does his contract work for KC?

I keep saying it but Jalin Hyatt makes the most sense to me. Once again zero targets yesterday and Jones got benched.
I like Hyatt as a project, but this team needs an immediate, proven #1a type receiver that will be the main target for this team. Doesn't seem like Kelce can be that main focus at this stage.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:02 AM Today
I belief in Brent!!!!
[Reply]
Page 141 of 149
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145 > Last »
Up