Smokehouse 5 4.39%
My Mom's house 5 4.39%
Gaz's house 3 2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Nzoner's Game Room>KC Bbq Tour
Boise_Chief 11:03 AM 12-05-2023
It looks like I Cassel'd my other thread so spin off here we go.

Your favorite Q and any recommendations therein.

This is my first poll I have attempted and the poll options were compiled off of a couple of online lists, so be gentle use lube and don't forget the reach around.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 05:13 PM 05-29-2024
From a different Thread......
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Done.

I saw Holy Smoke BBQ on the list, anyone know anything about them?
Originally Posted by srvy:
I have not been its in Leavenworth Kansas and looks like a proper BBQ joint. Also, reviews are positive.

It's not slathered with BBQ sauce that's a plus for me. I want that on the side. This is an observation from the photos on Google and Yelp.

[Reply]
JimNasium 06:09 PM 05-29-2024
Saw a piece online about Harp’s. Too lazy to read through the thread. Anyone have any experience with them? Worth the trip to Raytown?
[Reply]
Fishpicker 06:35 PM 05-29-2024
Originally Posted by blake5676:
That Blue's Hog is great. My favorite is the Tennessee Red they have...put it on some pulled pork and there's nothing better.
thats the one. its amazing sauce. its good for ribs too. although I use Bubbas hot sauce exclusively for pulled pork.

speaking of ribs... is Jack Stack the only place that serves beef short ribs and ribs of lamb?
[Reply]
srvy 07:31 PM 05-29-2024
Originally Posted by JimNasium:
Saw a piece online about Harp’s. Too lazy to read through the thread. Anyone have any experience with them? Worth the trip to Raytown?
Very worth it and I have made my opinion it's better than any place I have been in the KC area.

[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:29 AM 06-28-2024
Kansas City BBQ restaurant to open Lee’s Summit location in late 2025

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Q39 has officially announced plans to open its fourth location in Lee’s Summit. Plans are for a freestanding location which will be part of the 50-acre Oldham Village development, off Oldham Parkway, southwest of Missouri Route 291 and U.S Highway 50.

The new location is set to open in the later months of 2025.

The new location will join the two existing Q39 locations in Kansas City and Overland Park, as well as a third location opening later this year in Lawrence, which will be in the former Lawrence Journal-World building.

Q39 is excited to bring its competition-style BBQ to Lee’s Summit. The restaurant will have a full-size kitchen designed to accommodate dine-in, a robust carry-out business and catering. There are also plans for a large outdoor seating area.

https://fox4kc.com/news/kansas-city-...-in-late-2025/
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 04:56 PM 06-28-2024
The wife and I are excited to return to KC for the first time in far too long, for a long weekend the end of July. We feasted on delicious KC BBQ for years as Kansas Citians--living in Leawood/OP put us smack dab in the sweet spot of Joe's KC, Q39, and Jack's Stack. We relocated to Austin in 2017 and gorged ourselves on Central Texas style BBQ. We're still in Texas, but without nearly as many good options for BBQ in the RGV.

We've never been to Harp, and that seems quite tempting. It will be hard not to hit up the old stomping grounds at Joe's and Q39. We also liked visits to BB's Lawnside, primarily for their Bloody Mary's.

What BBQ spots make the cut for likely just a shortlist of two joints? (We have other, non-BBQ restaurants to hit up also.) I thought we'd first stop at the OG Joe's before the Royals game on July 26. But perhaps Harp is the better opportunity?

As an aside: Central Texas style BBQ is also fantastic. Austin is loaded with great options. I assumed Franklin BBQ would prove overrated, but their brisket lived up to the hype (that was about it, though). And if you do it right there is no need to stand in a ridiculous line all day long. Snow's BBQ in Lexington, TX was downright amazing, hard to beat. And Tejas Chocolate + BBQ in Tomball, TX is among our favorites (with an incredible carrot soufflé dessert--yes, so good).

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Snerd 08:20 PM 06-28-2024
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam:
The wife and I are excited to return to KC for the first time in far torged ourselves on Central Texas style BBQ. We're still in Texas, but without nearly as many good options for BBQ in the RGV.

We've never been to Harp, and that seems quite tempting. It will be hard not to hit up the old stomping grounds at Joe's and Q39. We also liked visits to BB's Lawnside, primarily for their Bloody Mary's.

What BBQ spots make the cut for likely just a shortlist of two joints? (We have other, non-BBQ restaurants to hit up also.) I thought we'd first stop at the OG Joe's before the Royals game on July 26. But perhaps Harp is the better opportunity?

As an aside: Central Texas style BBQ is also fantastic. Austin is loaded with great options.
I’ve been to Austin several times and I like the style of BBQ there. I’ve only tried Franklin once, but the brisket was excellent as expected. The ribs were overcooked IMO though, a bit mushy. It’s been a while so I don’t remember much else.

I’ve only been to Harp once, but remember the brisket as being quite good. I would also recommend Chef J’s. The brisket and ribs were both excellent, as were the sides.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 08:23 PM 06-28-2024
Originally Posted by Snerd:
I’ve been to Austin several times and I like the style of BBQ there. I’ve only tried Franklin once, but the brisket was excellent as expected. The ribs were overcooked IMO though, a bit mushy. It’s been a while so I don’t remember much else.

I’ve only been to Harp once, but remember the brisket as being quite good. I would also recommend Chef J’s. The brisket and ribs were both excellent, as were the sides.
Thank you for the info and the introductory post!
[Reply]
Coogs 12:11 PM 06-29-2024
Meat Mitch BBQ at 3620 W 95th Street in Leawood is pretty darn good!

https://meatmitchbbq.com/
[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Up