ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Nzoner's Game Room>Davante Adams on the Trade Block
SHOWTIME 10:48 AM 10-01-2024
My best guess he'll end up in Washington

����������������: The #Raiders have begun reaching out to teams to gauge interest in star WR Davante Adams, per @VinnyBonsignore pic.twitter.com/WLAVIX38vz

— JPAFootball (@jasrifootball) October 1, 2024

[Reply]
Mescalito345 05:21 PM Yesterday
I simply do not understand why GMs are not willing to trade future draft picks for current stars like Davante, Tyreek, or Amari.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:06 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Mescalito345:
I simply do not understand why GMs are not willing to trade future draft picks for current stars like Davante, Tyreek, or Amari.
Their contracts have a lot to do with it
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:19 PM Yesterday
Because they think that they’ll hit on all of their draft picks… when in reality a draft pick is an unknown commodity that can just as likely result in a Skyy Less, rather than a Rashee Rice.

Not saying teams should follow the Rams lead of a few years ago when they mortgaged most of their draft capital for veteran players (although it did result in a Super Bowl win)… but the obsession with not trading draft picks for proven veteran players is irrational at times.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:32 PM Yesterday
Big money plus picks.

You’re risking major cap space and draft capital for one guy.

Teams that are bad enough to have both have more needs to fill.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:37 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Because they think that they’ll hit on all of their draft picks… when in reality a draft pick is an unknown commodity that can just as likely result in a Skyy Less, rather than a Rashee Rice.

Not saying teams should follow the Rams lead of a few years ago when they mortgaged most of their draft capital for veteran players (although it did result in a Super Bowl win)… but the obsession with not trading draft picks for proven veteran players is irrational at times.

Yeah, it seems like most GMs (and fans for that matter) think that 1st rd draft pick is a guarantee for something, when it’s really nothing more than a lottery ticket.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:41 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:

It’s more than that. Rarely is it a 1 for 1 swap of a pick for a player. Usually a trade involves multiple picks, especially for a higher end player. Now throw in salary differences and it’s not a sustainable strategy. The keys to winning in this league are having an elite QB (hopefully on a rookie deal) and having a roster with solid cost controlled players. KCs last two SBs are proof of that.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 07:00 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
If the Raiders traded Adams to KC Al Davis’ ghost would come back from the great beyond and strangle his kid in his sleep.
All the more reason to do it!
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:42 PM Yesterday
Well, let's see. The Raiders traded for Adams, the Dolphins traded for Tyreek. The Bills traded for Diggs. The Cowboys traded for Cooper. I can't say that any of those trades made those teams better. The Bills still couldn't get past Mahomes in the playoffs, neither could the Dolphins. And the Raiders still couldn't even get to the playoffs. But the Chiefs have won back to back Superbowls without an elite wide receiver. I don't see why anyone would trade for a top wide receiver. There's no precedent to show that it puts a team over the top.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:46 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
All the more reason to do it!
If history kid's haircut didn't stir the spirit nothing will.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Up