ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM Today
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
RunKC 03:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
:-) I genuinely cannot believe folks are so desperate to simp for Nagy that they're acting like dropping 7 into coverage with double high safeties is a revolutionary concept. It's modernized Tampa Two, a defense that's been a thing for literal decades.
Oh hey look a great playcall destroying cover 2 with tons of time but the QB goes full retard and throws a horrifically underthrown pass that makes Worthy have to stop his route and play defense to bail Mahomes out from another pick.

The connection just isn't there yet.

Pat isn't putting the best balls up to Worthy but Worthy also isn't maximizing the few opportunities either. When the ball is coming in short/behind/late, you gotta go play big to keep the DB outta the picture. pic.twitter.com/hTMLYt075M

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) September 23, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Half of their drives last night (not counting the last kneel down drive to end the game) were long drives of 67+ yards and 353 total offensive yards.

They clearly don’t have a problem beating cover 2 the way you’re pissing and moaning about due to A-Dot stats.

The QB making mind numblingly stupid INT’s and red zone issues are literally it.

This team scores from inside the 5 like they are supposed to, then they score a total of 30 points last week and 29 this week.
KC's Red Zone TD efficiency by rank in the Mahomes era:

2018 -- 2nd
2019-- 11th
2020 -- 16th
2021 -- 11th
2022 -- 2nd
2023 -- 19th

It's pretty all over the map. You really can't even draw a 'best fit line' worth a shit there.

And you'd think a team like SF with it's running scheme would be consistently high but in 2022 they were 20th. "Well they didn't have McCaffrey for all of 2022" no they didn't - didn't stop them from being 4th in 2021.

It's just not a very predictive stat year over year.

Keep getting into the red zone and over a long enough timeline with a good QB you're probably gonna be in the 60% range.

We'll get better.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 03:16 PM Today
:-) I genuinely cannot believe folks are so desperate to simp for Nagy that they're acting like dropping 7 into coverage with double high safeties is a revolutionary concept. It's modernized Tampa Two, a defense that's been a thing for literal decades.
Bro I'd throw Nagy overboard in a second if we were truly struggling (we aren't) and we knew for a fact Nagy was the cause (we don't). The Mayor of Whoville could be our OC, I couldn't care less who it is.

Ask Patrick to convert more of these drives into TDs. Ask Hollywood Brown to not be injured. And also ask Worthy to get on the same page as Mahomes TODAY. And maybe our issues will go away.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:17 PM Today
We used to kill cover 4 and cover 2 with simple post routes to Tyreek early in his career. They'd run Kelce toward the safety, maybe a deep out or curl, something to hold the safety down and let Tyreek run behind him to the post.

You gotta have the timing down though. So far this year Mahomes isn't anticipating and throwing to grass, seems like he's been aiming it at the WR and that's a mistake. Deep balls come down to throwing where your WR can go get it, either in stride or over their heads if they're a big receiver.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:18 PM Today
Not running dumbass trick plays with the ball inside the 5 yard line will help RZ efficiency. No play where Mahomes isn't lined up behind the center is the best play for goal to go situation. Took the best player ion the field out of the equation for the defense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:19 PM Today
Uh, but we DO have a second super fast guy on the roster currently that Mahomes has had success connecting deep with in the past.

He's currently on special teams only duty while Skyy Moore takes snaps on offense.
I'd like to see them get Hardman more involved, yes.

But even that doesn't work if you don't trust your LT and right now we clearly don't.

Again, it's a combination of factors. Maybe we should have anticipated Brown being hurt (he seemingly always is) and a rookie LT struggling (they pretty much always do) - but this is where we find ourselves.

And with both of those things, I think we're going to struggle to find a downfield passing game. Get LT fixed and if we're still using JJSS as our WR3, I'll have beef.

But we're not there yet, IMO.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:20 PM Today
Yep. He's here on a one year flyer. I don't understand why we even bothered bringing Hardman back if it wasn't for insurance in case Brown got hurt or Worthy struggled early. Both are currently happening yet he has 4 snaps on offense total. It's nonsensical.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:23 PM Today
I can't even imagine how fucking horrible the opening month of the season is going to be once there's 18 regular and 2 preseason games.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:28 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
We used to kill cover 4 and cover 2 with simple post routes to Tyreek early in his career. They'd run Kelce toward the safety, maybe a deep out or curl, something to hold the safety down and let Tyreek run behind him to the post.

You gotta have the timing down though. So far this year Mahomes isn't anticipating and throwing to grass, seems like he's been aiming it at the WR and that's a mistake. Deep balls come down to throwing where your WR can go get it, either in stride or over their heads if they're a big receiver.
He's never going to get the proper timing unless he fucking works at it with his weapons. Defaulting back to horizontal YAC man every time he biffs a throw isn't accomplishing shit on offense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:31 PM Today
He's never going to get the proper timing unless he fucking works at it with his weapons. Defaulting back to horizontal YAC man every time he biffs a throw isn't accomplishing shit on offense.
Except winning. There's always that.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:32 PM Today
Rice needed to take his route farther up field

Final answer, Mesh + Deep Cross.. an old Chiefs staple with Hill on the Cross

The Cross came out flat to avoid defenders and stayed around 7 yards, wanna work further upfield. *Think* Andy is saying Worthy saw the cluttered space and throttled down to avoid it. https://t.co/n4sYuTX1A0 pic.twitter.com/9vOIXtsTEr

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) September 23, 2024

Here is the play. The original design as @Matty_KCSN has on his Twitter account and I’ll repost below. It is going to be there with Worthy and Kelce on the crossers or Rice if he runs deeper over the middle. A good high low read and good conversion possibility. Right draw up. https://t.co/qDdI2wYHSS pic.twitter.com/PAQdouVxqb

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) September 23, 2024

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:32 PM Today
I don't understand not using Hardman either, he's shown to be really good in the past on offense. I know he gets hurt easily but we need to use him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:33 PM Today
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Except winning. There's always that.
We're winning because of our defense. Our offense has by and large been a hindrance. 2 chances to ice the game against the Falcons. 3 and out both times. Defense got them off the field on downs twice. Bengals we needed a PI to move the ball because Kingsley and Wanya were getting skull fucked by Hendrickson.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:35 PM Today
We're winning because of our defense. Our offense has by and large been a hindrance. 2 chances to ice the game against the Falcons. 3 and out both times. Defense got them off the field on downs twice. Bengals we needed a PI to move the ball because Kingsley and Wanya were getting skull fucked by Hendrickson.
Maybe waxing Mike Danna in Camp wasn't as demonstrative of NFL success as we'd hoped.

Because man, Danna's been pretty much completely ineffective as a rusher thus far this season.
[Reply]
crispystl 03:36 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd like to see them get Hardman more involved, yes.

But even that doesn't work if you don't trust your LT and right now we clearly don't.

Again, it's a combination of factors. Maybe we should have anticipated Brown being hurt (he seemingly always is) and a rookie LT struggling (they pretty much always do) - but this is where we find ourselves.

And with both of those things, I think we're going to struggle to find a downfield passing game. Get LT fixed and if we're still using JJSS as our WR3, I'll have beef.

But we're not there yet, IMO.
How does Hardman look in person? Is he slow as hell now and not getting any separation?
[Reply]
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Up