ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>McAfee: "Source(s) tell me that Veach maybe isn't done..."
Dante84 10:17 AM 10-23-2024

Source(s) told me that the Kansas City Chiefs might not be done making moves #PMSLive https://t.co/3abNtH2TXU pic.twitter.com/IpUeXpc9PN

— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
O.city 07:55 AM Today
Lattimore would make sense, depending on cost.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Lattimore would make sense, depending on cost.
Everyone and their mother will hate this, but so does Donovan Smith.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:16 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Bring in Myles Garrett. That combo with jones gets you a Super Bowl on its own.
That would be amazing. I'm going to go ahead and dream the dream.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:17 AM Today
If the Chiefs wanted Donovan Smith, he'd be here already.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:17 AM Today
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Why would we acquire a non-elite DE?

The Chiefs DE rotation, by December, will be Karlaftis/Omenihu/Danna/FAU. That's a fine rotation.

Bringing on a DE means you're likely benching FAU so your unnamed veteran can play 15 snaps a game, which isn't necessary given that he's playing acceptably. We have the fifth-highest pressure rate in the NFL.

If they're making a serious acquisition, it's got to be an offensive skill position or CB. Those are the last remaining spots on this roster where there are a lot of snaps to fill and minimally talented guys to bench.

Edit: Left tackle as well.
Omenihu is coming back from an ACL, which from all accounts has been slow healing. I really don't expect him to be anything near 100% this year even though he likely plays.

Danna has a pec injury and we know what happened with Thuney last year.

We've gotten nothing from Cameron Thomas so far.

Depth is a bit of a concern right now. I'd take a pinch hitter that can go get the QB on 3rd downs especially given we're what, 4th-lowest in sacks?
[Reply]
O.city 08:52 AM Today
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Everyone and their mother will hate this, but so does Donovan Smith.
If that move was to be made, it woulda happened.

Andy isn't messing with the OL. He never has, unless injury or a guy is just catastrophic.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Omenihu is coming back from an ACL, which from all accounts has been slow healing. I really don't expect him to be anything near 100% this year even though he likely plays.

Depth is a bit of a concern right now. I'd take a pinch hitter that can go get the QB on 3rd downs especially given we're what, 4th-lowest in sacks?
ESPN had a sneaky suggestion in DE Joshua Uche, 6’1 240, from NE.

Apparently, he has a 18%+ Pressure Rating and could be available via trade to make a play or two for us down the stretch.

Not sure he’d cost us all that cap space tho
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:55 AM Today
Yep. Pretty clear they have absolutely no interest in Donovan Smith.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:58 AM Today
The way I see it, obviously isn't gonna hurt if they add to any one of WR, OT, DE, or CB.

But even before an addition, the only thing that can stop this team is injury. So which spot is most vulnerable? At which spot would a single injury to a single player most crater their title hopes?

It's tough but think I'd go:

1) OT
2) CB
3) WR
4) DE

I think they're gonna take their chances at OL though because if they felt bad about the pups and their trajectory, yeah, Donovan would be here already.
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM Today

Yeah, the DE spot isn't exactly a known quantity. I wouldn't hate making a move there, especially going into next year.
[Reply]
O.city 09:02 AM Today
They're not bringing in an OT guys, unless someone goes down. Andy doesn't do that with the OL.

It's a dead end talking point.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:02 AM Today
If a DE can sack or even pressure a QB there is no way a team will trade him for cheap.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:06 AM Today
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If the Chiefs wanted Donovan Smith, he'd be here already.
Unless he hasn't brought his pricetag down until recently.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:07 AM Today

I'm less of a sacks guy, and more of a pressure rate guy. But all fair.

I'm thinking about January. By January, with no further injury surprises, we're rolling 4 deep at DE, 5 deep if you include Herring.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:14 AM Today
After last nights performance, I think you have to seriously consider DRob.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up