ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 43
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kareem Hunt [signed to the practice squad]
wazu 01:43 PM 09-16-2024

With RB Isiah Pacheco expected to be sideliend 6-8 weeks, the Chiefs are bringing their former RB Kareem Hunt back to Kansas City for a Tuesday visit, per league sources. Hunt could help fill the Chiefs’ running back void. pic.twitter.com/nDzNGlrcuH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
TEX 08:19 AM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Means nothing. Henry has 2 and he looks washed.
Henry is almost 2 years older and abd got used and abused. Kareem was a part-time player the past several seasons and is now healthy. He still has something left.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:20 AM 09-17-2024
Lot of hating going on in here over a potential signing where we aren't asking for 2018 Kareem Hunt to come back anyhow.

Would continue to argue that the benefit is more intangible than tangible, but even still, I'm betting he can get what's blocked with this interior OL and fall forward at the point of contact. He can run the whole playbook. And with this offense, that might be all you need for a month or so.
[Reply]
TEX 08:23 AM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
Watched a few games of highlights from last year... to my non expert eyes, he can't do much between the tackles anymore and is only useful catching the ball out of the backfield on screens etc.

Honestly... lots of CEH to my eyes.

Still, might be a useful body, especially in short yardage.
That's also in Cleveland's offense.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:23 AM 09-17-2024
Time to bring back the Kareem
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:25 AM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Reeks of desperation
Aren't you the one who wanted that loser Kadarius Toney to make the team? :-)
[Reply]
TEX 08:26 AM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
What’s Jackie Battle up to these days?
Just saw him a few weeks ago at a University of Houston Alumni event. He's doing well! Looks like he coukld still play.
[Reply]
TEX 08:27 AM 09-17-2024
Reeks of desperation
No it doesn't. Dude just turned 29 last month. The last time he was here, his skill set was perfect for the offense. They only need him this season. He's going to be motivated, so they'll get his best . They won't sign him if they don't think he can bring anything.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:29 AM 09-17-2024
Dude how do people not know that we need the fucking depth.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:31 AM 09-17-2024
I remember hearing all the KC analyst folks saying McKinnon looked noticeably slower last year. I think that with his age is why they aren’t going to him first.

Kareem is only 29. I think he can still give them enough juice to be a rotational player. His effort moving the chains and breaking tackles along with blocking is valuable.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:33 AM 09-17-2024
He would definitely bring a lot of value to this team and I would think he still has a bunch left in the tank. He wasn’t the primary RB in Cleveland and doesn’t have the mileage that he should have for his age. KC doesn’t need prime Tomlinson, they just need a guy who can gain tough yards, can be a receiving threat, and doesn’t cough up the ball. Hunt provides that.
[Reply]
scho63 08:36 AM 09-17-2024
Why do we need another kicker?

Butker hurt?
[Reply]
TheGuardian 08:45 AM 09-17-2024
Dude WTF is this thread???? A dude is "washed" at 29 that has not taken a beating running the rock for years?

Sit the fuck down on that dumb shit. Sometimes the brain rot in here is next level.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:50 AM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
He would definitely bring a lot of value to this team and I would think he still has a bunch left in the tank. He wasn’t the primary RB in Cleveland and doesn’t have the mileage that he should have for his age. KC doesn’t need prime Tomlinson, they just need a guy who can gain tough yards, can be a receiving threat, and doesn’t cough up the ball. Hunt provides that.
IIRC, good pass blocker as well.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:52 AM 09-17-2024
Reeks of desperation
Our RB1 may be a guy who has a total of 9 NFL carries after having been an UDFA...

Our RB2 may be a guy primarily used on 3rd downs who has had 1 season with >100 carries and that was back in 2017...

But bringing back Kareem Hunt would be 'desperation'..... :-)

Do you think we're operating from a position of strength here, bro?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:56 AM 09-17-2024

The juice may be gone.. but Hunt still has the power to break some tackles and footwork to make some hard lateral cuts.

Chiefs would probably feel more comfortable with his versatility in different run schemes vs other RBs on the roster.

(assuming he's signed post-visit) pic.twitter.com/maCONuozba

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) September 17, 2024

He's not the explosive player he was 6 years ago, he still knows how to move his feet and get through holes though.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 43
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up