ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 20
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Nagy's Playcalling
Bowser 06:50 PM 10-29-2023
I think we can all agree that our offense has been "off" all season, minus the Bears and Chargers games. Mahomes hasn't looked himself by and large, and that could well be because of the talent around him, but watching the plays unfold just makes me wonder why some of the plays are being called in the first place.

Today was an abomination on many fronts with the offense but it sure looked a good deal like an Alex Smith game plan, minus Mahomes' patented making something out of nothing scramble drill passes. The run plays were predictable and getting nothing, but they kept forcing them. We threw the ball laterally as much as horizontally (seemingly), and the plays themselves just look, well, off.

Is it Nagy, is it Mahomes, is it the talent outside of Mahomes and Kelce, or is it a combination of all that? Or was this game just an outlier and our annual piss down our legs game as has been suggested, and I'm just OMG-ing for no good reason?

Something FEELS different than in the past so far this season. I would love to put my finger on what it is, precisely.
[Reply]
-King- 02:56 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
EB can’t be fired soon enough… So he can rejoin the beloved CHIEFS
Why would they fire him? He's over achieving with that offense.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:01 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
He played the most snaps of any WR. Just wasn't targeted
Yeah seen the snap counts you posted right after I said that

Is it still a lingering trust thing with Mahomes, or is the kid just being blanketed 90% of the time... or a mix of both?

Thats a fact, he has them looking better than anyone had a right to expect
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 03:06 PM 11-05-2023
Well it won’t happen right now but the off-season they most likely cleaning house. They are already rebuilding with the recent trades. The New owners will want to pick THEIR guys.
[Reply]
CadeMeister 03:08 PM 11-05-2023
Third and 1 late in 4th quarter and a chance to ICE the Fins. Reid calls a fucking pass. A fucking pass on 3rd and 1. I'm sorry that's not going to win a SB this year. Don't give a rats ass about years past.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:10 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Well it won’t happen right now but the off-season they most likely cleaning house. They are already rebuilding with the recent trades. The New owners will want to pick THEIR guys.
They should just promote EB.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:19 PM 11-05-2023
He's not saying Juju specifically is the answer. Just a player that can be targeted and relied on like Juju was last year. Right now we don't have that.
OH, not Juju but a guy like Juju but not named Juju. Fair enough.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:59 PM 11-05-2023
Andy called in the disastrous 3rd and 1 playcall not Nagy

Andy Reid on the crucial 3rd & 1,
Appears to say,
“Pass”….
Hesitates…
“Go pass” 🤦🏽*♂️ pic.twitter.com/LBTiSXJg4C

— 𝕃𝕠𝕣𝕕ℂ𝕙𝕚𝕖𝕗ℝ𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕒 (@JordanTribe) November 5, 2023

[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:17 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Andy called in the disastrous 3rd and 1 playcall not Nagy

Interesting, but then does Nagy call the specific play? Or did Nagy already give Andy two options?
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:56 PM 11-05-2023
I was ready to break shit on that 3rd and 1.

Even if they didn’t get the first, the clock is running and they’re punting from the 2 min warning.

10 runs like mama possessed, and the interior 3 are as good as any in the league. If this tram can’t run for 1 yard on occasion, something is drastically wrong.
[Reply]
TEX 09:15 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I was ready to break shit on that 3rd and 1.

Even if they didn’t get the first, the clock is running and they’re punting from the 2 min warning.

10 runs like mama possessed, and the interior 3 are as good as any in the league. If this tram can’t run for 1 yard on occasion, something is drastically wrong.
Are the interior 3 really that good at run blocking?
[Reply]
trndobrd 09:33 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Are the interior 3 really that good at run blocking?
Chiefs are second in the league with a 63.3% conversion rate when rushing on 3rd and short.
[Reply]
notorious 09:35 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
Chiefs are second in the league with a 63.3% conversion rate when rushing on 3rd and short.
And they had a single-up DT.....

Incredible that Mahomes doesn't just fall forward.
[Reply]
CadeMeister 09:19 AM 11-06-2023
How did that Miami game look.......LOL
[Reply]
fadeaway 09:23 AM 11-06-2023
I am convinced we are holding back on these situations. Sort of like when we used to use Burton on every 3rd and short, even when teams figured it, only to fake it in the play offs.
[Reply]
-King- 09:25 AM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
And they had a single-up DT.....

Incredible that Mahomes doesn't just fall forward.
He hinted at it a few weeks ago but I think he's about to get to a point where he calls his own number on those plays.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 20
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up