ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 137 of 186
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
RunKC 08:57 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Chiefs selected Purdue EDGE George Karlaftis with the No. 30 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

In another age, Karlaftis (6’4/266) would have been guarding Mount Olympus, as the Purdue star was born in Athens, Greece before moving to Indiana, where he developed into a four-star recruit. He was a foundational player for the program, logging 843 snaps while generating 54 tackles, 17.0 TFL, 7.5 sacks, two PBUs, and an interception and earning first-team Freshman All-American and second-team. Last year, Karlaftis posted 41 tackles, 11.5 TFLs, five sacks, three fumbles, and two PBUs while earning second-team All-American recognition. The five sacks weren’t eye-popping, but those numbers don’t show just how destructive he was on an every-down basis, as the Greek strongman posted the second-highest pressure rate in the nation when lining up against left tackles and ranked seventh in quarterback hits with 14. He backed up the on-field performance with a strong set of testing numbers, ranking as the 120th most athletic edge defender out of 1,455 that have tested for the NFL since 1987. Karlaftis has a frenetic first step, rushes with a plan, and displays exceptional hand technique to go with a relentless motor while his stout base makes him hard to move in the run game. Though he gets critiqued for lack of elite bend, Karlaftis has the power, work ethic, and talent to be a quality starter in the league for years to come.
Wow just glancing through the early pages and the bold has described him perfectly.

He’s exactly who he was at Purdue and it’s translated well. He’ll be even better in year 2.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:23 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Except when they are giving good grades to guys like McDuffie or Creed, then it's okay to cite to them.
:-)

Nobody needs to cite a PFF grade to know/prove those guys are playing well.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:26 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

Nobody needs to cite a PFF grade to know/prove those guys are playing well.
Yeah, I would rather not cite PFF for anything as they seem so inconsistent with their evaluations.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:32 AM 12-15-2022
For those that want to see his pff advanced metrics…his grades drop because he misses a lot of tackles and is still learning. You can see pockets of marked improvement mixed in and the production to match. Just needs to finish better from here on out.
Attached: 376A27C5-B4FB-4C8B-BD6A-0E2DD79C9C28.jpg (43.3 KB) 
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:02 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Sam, has played less snaps and had more production with said opportunities.
In 2017, it was obvious that Deshaun Watson was the crown jewel of that particular QB draft class.

They're fucking rookies, dingus.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:09 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
In 2017, it was obvious that Deshaun Watson was the crown jewel of that particular QB draft class.

They're fucking rookies, dingus.
And is there any doubt that if it were the other way around, he wouldn't be defending Karlaftis?

Also, the only thing Sam Williams had on Karlaftis was sacks, which he doesn't anymore, so how exactly does he have "more production"?
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:35 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Karlaftis has had multiple chances with Chris Jones being doubled and tripled and more whiffs and being a step behind than anything else. Stop with the homer stuff, because we are all complaining about the passrush or does Karlaftis JAG play counts as a scratch because he's a white guy lunch pale type.
Lol, I didn't know that stating facts was analogous to being a homer. So be it, I guess.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 11:46 AM 12-15-2022
Sam Williams is also 23 vs Karlaftis who is 21. There is substantially more room for body development at 21 than at 23 when it’s nearly peaked at the maximum playing weight and physical abilities.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:47 AM 12-15-2022
I would like to simply note for the record that I feel Karlaftis and Williams are nearly perfect complementary players and for me the issue isn't that we have the former over the latter, it's that we don't have BOTH of them.

With that I yield my remaining time.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:19 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I would like to simply note for the record that I feel Karlaftis and Williams are nearly perfect complementary players and for me the issue isn't that we have the former over the latter, it's that we don't have BOTH of them.

Excellent point.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:50 PM 12-15-2022
Sam Williams wasn't necessarily viewed as a 1st round pick, either. A dude like TW claims he loved Williams entering the draft and thinks Karlaftis isn't as good, but he probably would have called it a reach if Burp Vaginaitch took him with the Karlaftis pick
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:52 PM 12-15-2022

Nice job of saying, "I'd like to take this opportunity to continue bitching about the Skyy Moore pick, but I don't want to derail the thread" without saying it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:36 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Nice job of saying, "I'd like to take this opportunity to continue bitching about the Skyy Moore pick, but I don't want to derail the thread" without saying it.
I'm learning.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:32 PM 12-15-2022

Drake jackson was picked one pick before us in the second round. We ended up taking cook. I think we would have been picked him if the niners passed.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:17 PM 12-15-2022
It's amazing that there is such an argument here. I guess that some here are wanting prime Neil Smith and DT. Fact is, this team has vastly improved the pass rush over last year. They just got 6 sacks in the Donks game and are 4th in the league in sacks and already have more sacks than all last season. There were basically 2 change made on the line since last season. Signing Dunlap and drafting Karlaftis. His pressures have been a part of that improvement. I, for one, am glad to have him.
[Reply]
Page 137 of 186
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147 > Last »
Up