ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 136 of 199
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:01 AM 04-25-2022
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
I never got why the NFL media has pushed the narrative that Mahomes has been surrounded with the best weapons in the NFL. Beyond 18, the Mahomes has had Hill and Kelce and a bunch of scrubs. Hell, even the line was trash to below average until last year.

Collectively, this is the best offensive talent he's had since 2018 to play with.
I would agree we've been a collection of stars and scrubs for a while now, but Mahomes has been pretty lucky. Hill and Kelce are HoF talents and Reid is a HoF coach.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:52 AM 04-25-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
the Chiefs have way more flexibility to evolve and change from year to year instead of being locked into paying 3 stars and 48 shitbuckets.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
sedated 01:02 PM 04-25-2022
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
I never got why the NFL media has pushed the narrative that Mahomes has been surrounded with the best weapons in the NFL. Beyond 18, the Mahomes has had Hill and Kelce and a bunch of scrubs. Hell, even the line was trash to below average until last year.
This isn't true and only a thought because of the Tampa Super Bowl. Fischer was above average (and on a hell of a team-friendly deal), and Schwartz was a multiple All-Pro and frequently considered the best RT in the game.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:04 PM 04-25-2022
From today’s Ringer article.

“Now the Packers and Chiefs both have four picks within the first two rounds of the draft, and while they likely won’t find anyone who can match Adams’s or Hill’s production one-for-one, even replacing 80 percent of their production at 10 percent of the cost is a good return on investment. Plus, there’s always the outside chance they will hit on a massive talent, as the Vikings did with Justin Jefferson in 2020, a month after they traded Stefon Diggs to the Bills.”
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:30 PM 04-25-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
From today’s Ringer article.

“Now the Packers and Chiefs both have four picks within the first two rounds of the draft, and while they likely won’t find anyone who can match Adams’s or Hill’s production one-for-one, even replacing 80 percent of their production at 10 percent of the cost is a good return on investment. Plus, there’s always the outside chance they will hit on a massive talent, as the Vikings did with Justin Jefferson in 2020, a month after they traded Stefon Diggs to the Bills.”
If production at WR1 drops by 25%, but we increase production at WR2, WR3, and another spot like DE (which we could increase even with league-average replacement players), the team is better.

The chances of us doing those things now, with almost 2 draft classes worth of picks and a lot of cap space: pretty good.

And we were only giving up 2 or so years of peak production from Hill. Speed players don't usually drop off gradually. He will probably be effective in the league for several more years, but elite production from Hill is predicated on elite speed which doesn't usually last beyond 30. The clock is ticking on that.

It was the right move.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:02 PM 04-25-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
If production at WR1 drops by 25%, but we increase production at WR2, WR3, and another spot like DE (which we could increase even with league-average replacement players), the team is better.

The chances of us doing those things now, with almost 2 draft classes worth of picks and a lot of cap space: pretty good.

And we were only giving up 2 or so years of peak production from Hill. Speed players don't usually drop off gradually. He will probably be effective in the league for several more years, but elite production from Hill is predicated on elite speed which doesn't usually last beyond 30. The clock is ticking on that.

It was the right move.
Exactly.

TY Hilton started declining severely in his age 29 season, similarly sized.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:27 PM 04-25-2022
Was at a benefit concert for ALS yesterday and they had a signed Chiefs helmet of Tyreek. Oof talk about poor timing. It did take $500 though from a gal I know from KC.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:34 PM 04-25-2022
Our rivals desperately traded away for high cost players and gave away draft picks and they are going have to pay the Piper.

We traded away a player that in a couple years won't be near as effective and we gained draft capital and saved a got the Patrick Mahomes State Farm discount on Cap space. Although i think we are contenders this year because we have the best quarterback our defense is going take more time to develop so I'm curbing my enthusiasm although next year and next 5 years we should have an open window to win the Super Bowl. Every year we have a chance with Patrick but that window opened for the next five seasons with this draft if we hit on some defensive guys mostly that can get after the quarterback.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:42 PM 04-25-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:

It was the right move.
The problem is people like King and Tex are either unwilling or unable to comprehend and accept this.
[Reply]
Bump 03:10 PM 04-25-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Exactly.

TY Hilton started declining severely in his age 29 season, similarly sized.
similar height. Have you seen Tyreek's abs and biceps?
[Reply]
TEX 03:14 PM 04-25-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
The problem is people like King and Tex are either unwilling or unable to comprehend and accept this.
I can't speak for King, but for me It has nothing to do with comprehension. I get what you're saying, I just don't agree with it. You're forgetting we had JuJu signed. So factor him in WITH Hill. THAT was supposed to be the plan. What we're on now is plan B or C. I don't accept the fact that what we have now is better than the original plan. We'll have to see how it all plays out. Until then, the emperor has no clothes. Let's hope he gets some.
[Reply]
-King- 03:52 PM 04-25-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Unwilling to accept what? Pretty sure it's in this thread that I said that Veach could knock the draft out and we're back in business. We just disagree on whether that would have been the best course of action.
[Reply]
sedated 03:57 PM 04-25-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
You're forgetting we had JuJu signed. So factor him in WITH Hill. THAT was supposed to be the plan. What we're on now is plan B or C. I don't accept the fact that what we have now is better than the original plan. We'll have to see how it all plays out. Until then, the emperor has no clothes. Let's hope he gets some.
Huh? How do you know what KC's ultimate plans were at any point in this offseason?

You don't think they contemplate a few moves ahead before acting? I sincerely hope the front office isn't taking every decision one at a time.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:59 PM 04-25-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
Huh? How do you know what KC's ultimate plans were at any point in this offseason?

You don't think they contemplate a few moves ahead before acting? I sincerely hope the front office isn't taking every decision one at a time.
:-) Yeah, think it's pretty safe to say trading Hill was not the original plan.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:46 PM 04-25-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
similar height. Have you seen Tyreek's abs and biceps?
They’re listed at similar weights. Reek is thicker, tho.
[Reply]
Page 136 of 199
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146186 > Last »
Up